vramanan
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
vramanan posted on Sat, Jul 22 2017 4:04 PM

Hi,

Here is what I am trying to setup

2 Beoplay S3s paired (wired/wireless)

Connected to TV (TV has 3.5mm out). volume should be controlled via Beoplay iOS/android app.

Connected to laptop (Bluetooth)

Connected to a mobile phone for music (Bluetooth)

I figured out from an another post if I pair wireless, aux in cannot be used. So I paired them wired, everything works great but the Beoplay iOS app will not detect the speakers if they are paired wired. This is crucial for me as I need to be able to control the volume remotely (from Beoplay app) while watching movies. In this configuration I am able to connect the phones and laptop via bluetooth, but unsure why the app doesn't detect the speakers.

Do you have any suggestion on how I can pull this setup? 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

intelmed
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by intelmed

YES IT`S POSSIBLE.... but... after hours being infant of my tv and both S3, all the ways are possible, first what you should know...

Two BT S3 connected wireless will be slower... to avoid this

you need one connected via bluetooth to tv and wired to the other s3, 

B&O button has three pushing, 2 seconds topper with a BT , 5 seconds to pair to the other  S3, and 8 seconds to pair as wired... first you need the origin of sound, i chose apple tv connected HDMI, you pair the S3 as output sound, you can hear by now your apple tv on S3, control adjust on appletv control, 

you can pair them but... if you do not check this magnificent product you will have two mono sounding, no left and right sound..

let s begin...

push both S3 for 8 seconds at the same time this will re initiate the system on S3

so pair BT to apple tv, pair by opening BT system on apple tv once connected with 2 seconds B&Obutton  and ,

wire 3.5 mm out to second s3 (check outsource down plug3.5mm to up plug in 3.5mm)

push B&O button on  the first 5 seconds and let them blink on Blue led light, then 

wait  for a second sound from first S3 (20 seconds more or less)

push B&O button on the second S3, for 8 seconds let blink on orange led light

(several times BT disconnected suddenly, so open apple tv and reconnect BT to S3

it should be working by now, 

left S3 is the one connected to BT, right to wire....

check on youtube, look for .... a right left sound video demo, so you can verify if is right and left, or double mono sound...

for wire from tv

pair for 8 second once connected to tv 3.5mm, for 8 seconds let orange led light and connect wire to second S3, down plug on first S3  to up plug on second S3

all i want to say, all are possible...

if you plug and unpluged from energy, you will have to repeat every day this procedure...

hope you enjoy this amazing sound...

once you will have it working let me know.. and of course your wife will tell you , lower volume........please......

All Replies

PBRarq
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
PBRarq replied on Mon, Jul 24 2017 11:08 AM

With me is the same thing...

Looks like when they are wired the ios app doesn´t work at all.

PBRarq
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
PBRarq replied on Tue, Jul 25 2017 2:06 PM

I´ve seen that despite connected to 3.5 mm the bluetooh still works, but no beoplay app.

vramanan
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

My new (and last) try is to get a bluetooth transmitter and connect the TV to speakers via bluetooth. Since beoplay s3 supports aptX Low Latency ppl say that the delay won't be noticeable. This way I can use the optical cable and hoping I will be able to control the volume via TV remote.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06X3TRNG6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,101 Posts
Bronze Member

In most cases it is not possible to control the volume of the tv using the digital/optical out.

Some/few tv's can, others not.

Maybe you should consult the user manual of the tv before ordering?

On the other hand - you can always return the device, if it does not work like you need it to.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

vramanan
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Yeah you are right. It looks like my Samsung tv's optical out is constant output. Anyways bluetooth transmitter will enable me to connect the TV wireless, which means the speakers can now be paired wireless and hence can use beoplay ios app as remote. Not preferred, but can live with it.

There is a DIY hack for rewiring the TV speakers. But won't take that risky move. I love my TV :)

vramanan
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Quick update: Tried the bluetooth transmitter. As expected I wasn't able to control the volume via tv remote. For some reason beoplay app too wasn't able to connect to speakers even though they were paired wireless. There was a considerable lag as well. 

So the only possible configuration to connect this to tv is via aux. If we need to be able to change volume remotely only way is to use receivers.  

intelmed
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by intelmed

YES IT`S POSSIBLE.... but... after hours being infant of my tv and both S3, all the ways are possible, first what you should know...

Two BT S3 connected wireless will be slower... to avoid this

you need one connected via bluetooth to tv and wired to the other s3, 

B&O button has three pushing, 2 seconds topper with a BT , 5 seconds to pair to the other  S3, and 8 seconds to pair as wired... first you need the origin of sound, i chose apple tv connected HDMI, you pair the S3 as output sound, you can hear by now your apple tv on S3, control adjust on appletv control, 

you can pair them but... if you do not check this magnificent product you will have two mono sounding, no left and right sound..

let s begin...

push both S3 for 8 seconds at the same time this will re initiate the system on S3

so pair BT to apple tv, pair by opening BT system on apple tv once connected with 2 seconds B&Obutton  and ,

wire 3.5 mm out to second s3 (check outsource down plug3.5mm to up plug in 3.5mm)

push B&O button on  the first 5 seconds and let them blink on Blue led light, then 

wait  for a second sound from first S3 (20 seconds more or less)

push B&O button on the second S3, for 8 seconds let blink on orange led light

(several times BT disconnected suddenly, so open apple tv and reconnect BT to S3

it should be working by now, 

left S3 is the one connected to BT, right to wire....

check on youtube, look for .... a right left sound video demo, so you can verify if is right and left, or double mono sound...

for wire from tv

pair for 8 second once connected to tv 3.5mm, for 8 seconds let orange led light and connect wire to second S3, down plug on first S3  to up plug on second S3

all i want to say, all are possible...

if you plug and unpluged from energy, you will have to repeat every day this procedure...

hope you enjoy this amazing sound...

once you will have it working let me know.. and of course your wife will tell you , lower volume........please......

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL