Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoLab 50

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 422 Replies | 11 Followers

davieav
Not Ranked
chester UK.
48 Posts
Bronze Member
davieav posted on Thu, Jul 20 2017 8:39 AM

anyone else spot the diagram on peter pans messaging pages ? Smile

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Emil Jensen
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
736 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by futuristbeo

But do we have more information about the Beosound Core?

I cannot seem to find a manuel.

In the new pricelist it have taken over Essense MKII which now must be AOL.

Beovision Harmony 77" 2nd Gen, Beolab 5, Beolab 17, Beosound 1, Beoplay M3, Beoplay H6, Beoplay Earset, Beoliving Intelligence 

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
160 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Dante replied on Wed, Aug 30 2017 2:34 AM
Verified by olvisab

What kind of preamp would you use to drive 4x BL5?

What I would like to know is if all this BL50 magic isn't 90% due to the room compensation feature.

If you run 4x BL5 from a Beosystem 4 you will have sound spread all over your room, in all directions as they are very wide. If you run the same setup from a preamp with Dirac Live, for example, the sound will be much more detailed.

I've tried this configuration in my 7.0 setup (1x BL10 4x BL5 and 2x BL8000) and the improvement was very impressive. Still I'd like to hear a pair of BL50 for comparinson.

All Replies

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,630 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Fri, Sep 15 2017 1:13 PM

jvdl:

As soon as they arrived I wil place the pictures

Would you mind posting a 1:1 comparison as you have the chance to listen to both Beolab 5 and 50 at home? 

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
956 Posts
Bronze Member
TWG:

Would you mind posting a 1:1 comparison as you have the chance to listen to both Beolab 5 and 50 at home?

I did a comparison on this - see my posting on the following discussion: (Sorry I don't know how to post the link).

Beolab 90. What are your opinions?

Present: BL90, Moment, Core, BL6000, CD7000, 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,630 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Sep 16 2017 11:37 AM

seethroughyou:

I did a comparison on this - see my posting on the following discussion: (Sorry I don't know how to post the link).

Beolab 90. What are your opinions?

Thanks, I've found it!

svinaik
Top 500 Contributor
206 Posts
Bronze Member

Folks

Finally BL 50 are home and have been integrated with BV 9 . Perfect solution. Just superb speakers and are great out of the Box. I would say that sound wise, they are a clear upgrade from BL-5 though they have not reduced my affection for BL-5. It is like having 2 kids, you just love them both.

I am just going to stay with my current BV 9 hoping that it lives on well. I have totally given up on Eclipse and will wait to see if B&O comes up with a better offering, perhaps with Wall Paper series. there is tremendous potential for B&O to use the Wall Paper concept with their designing and sound integration and if that happens, I will get the new B&O TV but until that, I am staying with my 1080P Plasma and BL 50..

I have loaded the photos on the Media section of the site. For some reason, I could not attach them here.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Sep 24 2017 4:41 PM

Lovely pictures, and a wonderful setup. Thanks for sharing. You'll have to tell us how the sound matures in situ as you live with these speakers.

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,020 Posts
Bronze Member

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
345 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Fri, Oct 6 2017 8:44 PM

I am wondering.

How does the BeoVision Avant work with the BeoLab 50 ?

When the BeoLab 50 are measured in and calibrated for the different listening positions, how does this then work together with the calibration of the Avant?

In other words, do you need to do the microphone calibration of the Avant also with the BeoLab 50?

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,386 Posts
Bronze Member

This and the following article/video should give the answer:

http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2017/08/10/bo-tech-introduction-to-features/

The tv used in that case is a BV12-65 - if there are things about the Avant as the tv, I am sure that Geoff Martin will be glad to answer. There is a comment section below the article.

Alternatively you could pm him here.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
129 Posts
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Fri, Oct 6 2017 11:43 PM

Flere:

I am wondering.

How does the BeoVision Avant work with the BeoLab 50 ?

When the BeoLab 50 are measured in and calibrated for the different listening positions, how does this then work together with the calibration of the Avant?

In other words, do you need to do the microphone calibration of the Avant also with the BeoLab 50?

They are perfect in combination with the Avant, I have them now 2 weeks in my home as a replacement off the BL5. Realy amazing. The calibration wil be done conform the installation for the BL50 with the calibration microfoon.used for the BL50.

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
345 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 8:23 AM

Millemissen:

This and the following article/video should give the answer:

http://www.tonmeister.ca/wordpress/2017/08/10/bo-tech-introduction-to-features/

The tv used in that case is a BV12-65 - if there are things about the Avant as the tv, I am sure that Geoff Martin will be glad to answer. There is a comment section below the article.

Alternatively you could pm him here.

MM

OK, thanks for the pointer. I will check this out.

- Flere

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
345 Posts
Gold Member
Flere replied on Sat, Oct 7 2017 8:25 AM

In appendix 8 of the BL50 Technical Sound Guide it says the BL50 can be controlled by the BeoRemoteOne via connecting an IR-eye to the BL50.

Does the IR-eye already work with the BL50 ?

- Flere

clemen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Its sadly not working when using WISA and the Beolab Transmitter 1

clemen
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Does anyone know anything about the calibration microphone, and where i can buy it.

According to the technical sound guide, it should be included. But the text is light grey (features not implemented yet)

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
517 Posts
Bronze Member

clemen:

Does anyone know anything about the calibration microphone, and where i can buy it.

According to the technical sound guide, it should be included. But the text is light grey (features not implemented yet)

The BL90 touted this as the "Welcome Pack". It looks like a derivative of the Behringer ECM8000 - but likely a B&O specced product with an RJ45 connector. I envisage the BL50 is similar?

Mikipidia
Top 50 Contributor
2,020 Posts
Bronze Member
I didn't get a mic with mine, i think it might be an extra cost with the 50's. But i'll ask my dealer, i think he does sell them. The mic is the same though as the one shown, my dealer set them up etc with that mic.

New: Beovision Harmony, Beolab 50's, Beolab 18's, Beolab 17's, Beolab 3's, Beosound 9000 mk3, Beosound Stage & LG, Beosound 2, Beoplay M3, Beoplay A1, Beoplay H4 gen 2, Beoplay E8 3.0

Mikipedia on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Mikipedia

mikipedi4 on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/mikipedi4

Old: Beovision Eclipse, Beolab 1's, Beolab 2, Beovision 10-46, Overture 2300, beolab 8000's, Beolab 4000's, Beovision avant 32" etc. etc.

Page 24 of 29 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL