JC
Top 150 Contributor
West Yorkshire
763 Posts
Founder
JC posted on Fri, May 12 2017 1:20 PM

HI all.

Bit of advice and knowledge needed.

We have our BV11 connected to the router via LAN and a NL/ML converter also connected. Every time I try to access webmedia  or radio/cd via the converter there is no internet connection and I need to reboot the router.

Is it a better solution to have the TV connected via wi-fi, I am surprised if so as thought hard wiring the tv to the router would be seamless>

Cheers

Jonnie

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,723 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, May 12 2017 4:18 PM
JC:

HI all.

Bit of advice and knowledge needed.

We have our BV11 connected to the router via LAN and a NL/ML converter also connected. Every time I try to access webmedia or radio/cd via the converter there is no internet connection and I need to reboot the router.

Is it a better solution to have the TV connected via wi-fi, I am surprised if so as thought hard wiring the tv to the router would be seamless>

Cheers

Jonnie

When I had a NL/ML and a BV11, I connected them wired via a switch to an airport express. The express was configured to extend my router network over wire. Between the express and the router it was a wired connection using Powerline adaptors.

Worked really well.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2, Beoplay Earset

Martin
Not Ranked
Sweden, Skövde
59 Posts
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Sat, May 13 2017 9:09 AM

You could try to use fixad IP instead of DHCP to see if you get a more solid connection. It is usually prefered when connection software for DHCP such as b&o' is bad. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL