Beolab 5 shots

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 46 Replies | 2 Followers

ESBOSS
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ESBOSS posted on Thu, Apr 27 2017 10:13 PM

In one of the beolab 5 speakers (connected through the beosystem 4), I get the following problem several times per day: a loud cracking noise/sounds, as if someone is shooting from a gun-machine for about 0.5-2 sec (sounds like 3-10 "pistol shots".

I have no idea what to do and it’s really annoying me?

Maybe someone else already had a similar problem and knows how to solve it?

All Replies

ESBOSS
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ESBOSS replied on Wed, May 10 2017 8:30 AM

Probably you do not understand. It's not about replacing LRU, but about that, together with the board DSP in the service B & O, I have to buy all the chassis (4 amplifiers, etc.). I do not mind the calibration, but this can be done by replacing only DSP

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

even if it would have been a blown fuse "only" - B&O replaces the complete chassis (~ € 600,-- plus Installation service).

Best regards

Doc Leisure

ESBOSS
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ESBOSS replied on Wed, May 10 2017 9:25 AM

Where does this price come from? I was told about  4000

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

one of my BeoLab5 got a new chassis and I paid ~ € 800,-- all togehter...

Best regards

Doc Leisure

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,462 Posts
Bronze Member
Jeff replied on Wed, May 10 2017 1:51 PM

ESBOSS:

Probably you do not understand. It's not about replacing LRU, but about that, together with the board DSP in the service B & O, I have to buy all the chassis (4 amplifiers, etc.). I do not mind the calibration, but this can be done by replacing only DSP

Ah, I misunderstood you. That does seem excessive, they have apparently designed it so that the LRU is all of the speaker electronics, rather than individual modules like amps, or DSP boards. In my career we never would have done that, the customer wouldn't have allowed it.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

ESBOSS
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ESBOSS replied on Wed, May 10 2017 1:57 PM

In which country did you buy the chassis for 600?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,748 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, May 10 2017 2:02 PM

ESBOSS:

Where does this price come from? I was told about  4000

Who did tell you 4000 Euros for a BL5 replacement chassis?!

This is plain nonsense....

Stefan

DocLeisure
Top 500 Contributor
79 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

ESBOSS:

In which country did you buy the chassis for 600?

I live in Germany at the moment...

Geetings

Doc Leisure

ESBOSS
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
ESBOSS replied on Sat, May 27 2017 9:42 AM

In the Russian B & O costs of chassis, depending on the modification, from 3960 to 5550 euros. This prices without works

Johnmukkert
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member

2 or 3 years ago I had a loud “popping” sound once in a while, which I isolated to one of the Beolab 5’s 15” bass drivers. I contacted a authorized B&O service tech. that ran a diagnostic test, but there was no errors indicated, but the factory support team was contacted, and it was a known problem with the electronic chassis. I was offered a complete replacement chassis unit from B&O for € 350,00 (plus labour for the service tech.) Note. All the factory parameters for all the affected speaker’s drivers, are stored on a eprom memory chip, and this eprom is then transferred over to the replacement chassis unit to keep the speakers sounding as they were intended from factory 👍🔊😉

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,543 Posts
Founder

This can't be seen as a reference.

Things has changed during the past years.

Prizes differ from which chassis the BL5 has.

The latest mk3 doesn't have an eeprom, which can't be transferred to the a new chassis. That has to be done with B&O's servicetool.

pauljrog
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Gold Member

Just wanted to ask from what serial no does the mk3 start??

Thanks

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
262 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Beobuddy,

I have Beolab 5 from May 2015 with serial number that starts with 244xxxx. I have recently changed mainchassi in one of my speakers. This chassi still has eprom memory that has to be switched to the new chassi. I don’t think B&O make a change in a product so late in a product cycle that Beolab 5 was in 2016 and 2017.

Best Regards

Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), New! Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K

L1NO
Top 500 Contributor
235 Posts
Bronze Member
L1NO replied on Sat, Oct 6 2018 8:05 AM

Heared these noises with my BL12 and turned out to be bad cable. I’ve heared ‘computer’ noises or ‘remote’ signals trough the earth of my V1. A correct cable sorted my problem. 

Beobuddy
Top 25 Contributor
Utrecht, The Netherlands
3,543 Posts
Founder

Martin:

Hi Beobuddy,

I have Beolab 5 from May 2015 with serial number that starts with 244xxxx. I have recently changed mainchassi in one of my speakers. This chassi still has eprom memory that has to be switched to the new chassi. I don’t think B&O make a change in a product so late in a product cycle that Beolab 5 was in 2016 and 2017.

Best Regards

Martin

Hi,

I've had 3 BL5's over the past few weeks. 2x mk1 with the small interchangeable eprom and 1 mk3 (sn 239xx ) without the small DIP 8 pins IC.

I noticed some differences on the microprocessor-boards on the inside where the some form of glue was placed on top of some parts.

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL