rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 68 Replies | 6 Followers

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen posted on Thu, Apr 27 2017 8:26 PM

Hi guys

So you beat me to it in the old thread :) Yes we released the new version today and we're going to release once a month from now on. Next one is late May.

This is the highlights
  • We have implemented a notification control/ lock screen control for both platforms. It was a bit of a struggle, they're not really meant for playing on a speaker but from the phone itself. 
  • Items in the Play Queue can now be reordered, just drag in the thumb far right.
  • The Feedback view has been improved, you can select more specifically what you want to give feedback on.
  • The app is now translated to Dutch and Italian, more is coming.
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements, the usual one. We spend quite some time refactoring the code and getting rid of some technical debt.

Known issues

• The metadata (album art, title etc) can still behave oddly at times. Working on it.
  • Fast "next track" clicks are not working very well. We're working with the product team to make the product respond faster
  • Sometimes the TuneIn and Deezer credentials are not set when adding the product to the account. Will retry each time the app is opened.

Next up

DLNA and Essence Mk1

Br,

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,529 Posts
Bronze Member
MrAndersen:

Hi guys

So you beat me to it in the old thread :) Yes we released the new version today and we're going to release once a month from now on. Next one is late May.

This is the highlights We have implemented a notification control/ lock screen control for both platforms. It was a bit of a struggle, they're not really meant for playing on a speaker but from the phone itself. Items in the Play Queue can now be reordered, just drag in the thumb far right. The Feedback view has been improved, you can select more specifically what you want to give feedback on. The app is now translated to Dutch and Italian, more is coming. Bug fixes and performance improvements, the usual one. We spend quite some time refactoring the code and getting rid of some technical debt. Known issues

The metadata (album art, title etc) can still behave oddly at times. Working on it. Fast "next track" clicks are not working very well. We're working with the product team to make the product respond faster Sometimes the TuneIn and Deezer credentials are not set when adding the product to the account. Will retry each time the app is opened.

Next up

DLNA and Essence Mk1

Br,

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

BV14 support??

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 18 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,019 Posts
Gold Member

MrAndersen,

I raised a ticket for this one too: the Recommended playlists and artists section headers are showing technical fields names instead of the French value of these fields, same issue for Spotify settings - Cheers

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
475 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 9:19 PM

seems ok in the dutch version . . ., but when select playing, the play-arrow and pause-button is not visable.

Also some struggling wihen switching sources on the screen.

Still, very well done till now! Thanx!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,019 Posts
Gold Member
MrAndersen,

Another issue I raised: if you start TuneIn on a Moment through the device "now playing" screen, the app does not reflects that something is effectively playing:

Open the Moment "now playing" screen

Press the "..."

Choose TuneIn

Radio stream starts on the Moment

X app does not show any playing activity (see picture below) while you can still control it through the app (stop/start fwd/bkwd)

Cheers

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,019 Posts
Gold Member
MrAndersen:

Items in the Play Queue can now be reordered, just drag in the thumb far right.

MrAndersen - when you reorder items in the play queue, items below the item you just moved are eliminated from the list, see pictures:

List before ordering:

List after moving M.I.A track just below the currently playing track:

Cheers

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 10:14 PM
mbolo01:

MrAndersen - when you reorder items in the play queue, items below the item you just moved are eliminated from the list, see pictures:

List before ordering:

List after moving M.I.A track just below the currently playing track:

Cheers BS Moment, BL 18, BL 19, A6, M5, A1, H5

I am glad someone figured out how to reorder ... and provided a screenshot

I then realised I was trying to reorder a "play list" not a "play queue"

Which then raised in my mind; why are the views of these two "things" so different ? I.E. I would ❤️ to ❤️ my "play queue" and see which item is playing (and please keep the historical view of what was played!)

Play List

Play Queue

BeoNut since '75

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
165 Posts
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Thu, Apr 27 2017 11:00 PM

Great work! Personally I appreciate the change in the way my albums are sorted. I know you're working on some options there, like we discussed earlier, but for the time being it is better to have recently added albums on the top, not the bottom. Nice "quick fix".

I have a few issues with the app:

1 - In the bottom bar, where my devices should be (I have only one - my Moment), it just says "BeoSound Moment is not reachable". However, with the old BeoMusic app my Moment is perfectly reachable. I just used the BeoMusic app to start playing some music, and then switched back to the X-app again. It still says that the Moment is not reachable. This has been an issue for some time, the error didn't appear with this latest release.

2 - The app is extremely sluggish. Granted, I do not have the latest hardware - my iPhone 6 is a couple of years old now - but on the same phone there is a huge difference between the X-app and the BeoMusic app, which feels much more responsive and quick. This is the case with scrolling and flicking through menus in general, but the most extreme case is when I use the left menu to switch between "Music" and "Radio". The phone/app freezes for two minutes (!) before it shows the lists of radio channels.

Some other issues as well, but those have been mentioned and discussed earlier, so I know you're aware of them.

This is going in the right direction! Can't wait 'till you get this out of beta.

-h.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

MrAndersen:

Hi guys

Next up

DLNA and Essence Mk1

Br,

Thomas, Bang & Olufsen

'Essence MK1' - how may we understand that?

Always thought that the MK1 is not a NL-product?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Chris Hassell
Top 200 Contributor
London
393 Posts
Bronze Member
Sorry, I missed that this thread had been created - I also would love to know when my BV14 can join in the fun of the new app. Cheers

BeoVision Eclipse 55”, Beolab 18s, Beolab 19s, Beosound 1, Beoplay P2, H3, BeoRemote One IR, BeoRemote One BT, Beoplay S8, Beosound Essence MkII, BeoTime

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Apr 28 2017 7:51 AM

Henrik, out of interest, i've found the new updated app to be very fast and responsive......and it was the first thing that i noticed when i updated it and used it yesterday.........i am using an iPhone 7+, but the fact that you are using a 6 shouldn't make much difference.........wonder what explains the difference, hmm....

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Apr 28 2017 7:56 AM

Using the Android app.

- Own made Deezer playlists bigger then 200 tracks are not responding and loading: app restarts itself or you get the notification 'Bang & Olufsen stopped'.

- Playing a smaller Deezer list and trying to change: app restarts itself.

- Doing a to quick search for another favorite lists in the Deezer window: app restarts itself.

Have not tried the Radio Queue list if it still is messing up itself and again playing unknown radiostations in using Essence with IR-remote.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
286 Posts
Bronze Member
I use Iphone 6 also and do not notice slow operations of the X app on it

If Essence MK1 can be supported (over DLNA I asume), should that also go for the Playmaker and Beolit12? Should be awesome to have them in Multiroom setup also!

Still miss the tiles of the old Beomusic app, when turning the screen. Very easy and nice visual way of adding sources to the Multiroom play.

Beovision 14/Horizon should be added asap, strange to see that the newest BV's are still not supported.

Kiran
Top 75 Contributor
UK
1,011 Posts
Bronze Member
Kiran replied on Fri, Apr 28 2017 8:27 AM
Update works very well and quick for me 👍🏻👍🏻

Regards

Kiran

Born in NL; I ride ML

MrAndersen
Top 500 Contributor
198 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. I will try to answer everything, if I miss anything please let me know. 

@mr_anders_son: No not yet sorry. Supported but disabled in the app until we get the go ahead

@mbolo01: Seems the language files i have imported were incomplete. Just updated them and we will update ASAP. This morning the team is expanding the tests in this area so it won't happen again.

@BeoHut: Sounds like a bug. Could I kindly ask you to submit it from within the app and explain a bit more? Then we also get the logs.

@mbolo01: Your second post. I will try to repro this thanks for the report. 

@mbolo01: Third post about reorder. I would love a feedback on this as well. I need to see the logs. 

@elephant: Well I guess they are related :) However the playlist can come from Deezer, yourself, shared from someone. The PQ is dynamic and can be created on the fly from albums, tracks, playlists etc. Providing reorder here is for changing the order of what you are listening to now. Playlists are more currated content in my mind. We're looking at providing playlist editing in the app as well, and we might adopt the reordering here. Might even just provide the option to save it as a playlist. 

@Henrik: Seems we have released some Moment issues in this version. We will get on it right away. Regarding the sluggishness. We're actually a week behind schedule because of performance issues in iOS. They were related to the lock screen control. Could I ask you to see if there is a difference between the performance when you are playing music and when you are not. The radio tile problem, I would love a feedback on that if possible. 

@Millemissen: This is the Essence Mk1, a hide away box. We might get the NL/ML converter as well, depends on how the neext couple of weeks progresses. 

@Chris: yes we didn't fix your problem with playlists yet, sorry. The api do not support paging. If we cap it to some max until we have the right solution here would that be usable for you? Regarding the crash, a feedback would be much appreciated, then I have the logs.

@Fansastic: Beolit12 will be supported, but setup only. Playmaker not sure. As for multiroom, it has to be supported in the products, and I'm afraid it is not. As for the UX on multiroom, I will forward your comment to UX.

Pheeew! That was a lot. Thanks again for the feedback. On a sidenote, the beta is open on Android and you can just sign up. We're working on making TestFlight for iOS open as well.

We will get on your bugs and get a hotfix out ASAP.

Best,

Thomas

Page 1 of 5 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL