rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

richu
Not Ranked
Switzerland
68 Posts
Bronze Member
richu posted on Mon, Apr 24 2017 5:21 PM

Folks, I would be more than happy to get some advice by you.

I have following B&O Setup:

Living Room: BV7, BS 9000

Kitchen (open space to living room): Beolink Passiv, with IR eye

Room X: empty Masterlink cable (previously used for an old MX 6000 TV)

Room Z (open space to living room): wifi or ethernet possible

Bedroom: wifi or ethernet possible

I would like to add internet radio and deezer or spotify (internet audio) to all my rooms (living room, kitchen, room x, room Z, bedroom).

I still want to use CD from BS 9000 but no longer FM radio.

The internet audio shall stream from internet without an active smartphone or tablet.

I like the Beo4 in the living room and the kitchen. Hence, I would like to use remote controls instead of smartphone (as a remote control); especially when I just want to select RADIO and station 1-9 (predefined stations), as I could do the last 20 years.

I would like to listen to Radio in any room.

How can I add internet audio in my setup? Which options are possible? Is this correct what I write?

• Add beosound essence with a ML/NL converter. This would stream internet audio into the ML stuff and could be used anywhere. I could add PL speakers to the hideaway box when it is placed in room Z.
  • exchange my BV7 with a BV Avant (or any other new IP based TV). This device would stream IP audio into NL and via the ML/NL box into ML and therefore could be used on NL and ML. It is possible to view TV in the living room and listen to Radio or Deezer in any other room at the same time.

• add a M5 or A6 or A9 beoplay and a ML/NL converter. Could this box also stream into the ML even when it is not running?
  • I could add a Beosound Moment via Ethernet some where and a ML/NL gateway. I could change the station on the Moment. I could listen to Radio in any room. I could also add PL loudpseakers to the moment.

is  this correct? what are your suggestions? pro/cons?

All Replies

Gary
Top 500 Contributor
Dublin, Ohio
98 Posts
Bronze Member
Gary replied on Mon, Apr 24 2017 5:41 PM

The second option that you have listed is what I ended up with a year ago. As I did not want to do away with my Beosound 9000. I also added an Avant television. We added the ML/NL converter so that B&O passive and active speakers throughout the house and outdoor patio could play the same source. The Beoremote 1 controls volume on speakers connected to the Avant, and the Beo 4 remote controls the volume on the other speakers. We kept the Beosound 5 to make certain that Spotify could be played throughout all speakers. Spotify's multiple source rules tend to be rather strict. If I play Spotify through the Beosound 5, then we can listen through speakers connected to the Avant, all active and passive speakers as well as The A9 and Beosound 2 that have recently been added. --- Sounds a little complicated, but it all works. Cons: occasional challenge in synchronizing sound between Beoplay products. Also, Spotify no longer a part of Avant tv. Deezer presently here in the USA is somewhat slow on the Avant. 

Not certain if this in anyway helps with you decision. Best of luck!

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

You didn't mention a BeoSound 5, but I think that would be a sensible option for you. Especially since you have an all ML system and do not want to rely on a phone or tablet for control. Something you'd love about the BeoSound 5 is that you can assign your favorite N.RADIO stations to numbers to quickly access a specific station using your Beo4. The Beo6 makes this even better since you can create screens on the remote containing your favorite radio stations with icons.

You can similarly assign numbers to favorite playlists, artists, albums, etc. from Spotify and call them up quickly using your Beo4. The only questionable part here is that Spotify's relationship with B&O has deteriorated to the point where it has been mentioned that Spotify support on the BeoSound 5 could be removed in the very near future. That's a shame since I love the physical interface.

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,781 Posts
Bronze Member

P.S. Another great feature of the BeoSound 5 is that you can place Beo6 remotes in other rooms and have 2-way communication and control of your music collection on the BeoSound 5 from the link rooms. You can search for the music on the Beo6 and it shows the covert art on the remote's screen while it's on the charger.

Soren
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
108 Posts
Bronze Member
Soren replied on Mon, Apr 24 2017 8:53 PM

It is not possible to watch tv and play another source (radio or Deezer) in link rooms on the newer Beovisions like you can on your Beovision 7, if you add a multiroom Audiosource like A6 of A9 you can "stream" the music to you ML system via the NL/ML converter.

Another issue is That the ML sources is "locked" so you can't assign the sources that you can choose an the BS9000 to activate an NL source....meaning that pressing RADIO or CD will always turn on your BS9000, I am not sure about N.RADIO and N.MUSIC but on my BM7000 they are also "locked "

Søren

richu
Not Ranked
Switzerland
68 Posts
Bronze Member
richu replied on Fri, Apr 28 2017 12:31 PM

Thanks to everybody for these very valuable inputs. My dealer will check also and give me some feedback.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL