Another Beomaster 2400 question

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 24 Replies | 2 Followers

revkev8
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
revkev8 posted on Tue, Aug 28 2012 1:58 PM

I was recently given a 2400 in very good physical condition. FM works. External heatsink runs very hot to the touch and has the notorious hum in the channels.

Worth repairing? I currently repair laptops and ipods. Should I look for a repair center or are parts available?

Thank you for any help.

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,851 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Aug 28 2012 2:03 PM

Absolutely worth repairing.
Replace the idle current trimmers and adjust to factory specs.
Standard and basic electronic components. Available anywhere.

Don't power it up again before servicing.

Martin

revkev8
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Thank you. I must be living right. I just found another Beomaster 1900 at our recycling center. Except for a few lights out, works fine. Will keep this one and sell the 2400. Any ideas where to get replacement bulbs?

Thanks

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,851 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:17 PM

Yes Embarrassed
- but due to Beoworld regulations, we are not allowed to advertize our own listings on f.e. Bonanza...  Whistle

Martin

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

Dillen:

Yes Embarrassed
- but due to Beoworld regulations, we are not allowed to advertize our own listings on f.e. Bonanza...  Whistle

Martin

Member Dillen (Martin), can help you with lamps and other necessities for your BMs just send him a mail Laughing

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Rich
Top 50 Contributor
Orlando, Florida, USA
2,571 Posts
Bronze Member
Rich replied on Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:47 PM

revkev8:

Thank you. I must be living right. I just found another Beomaster 1900 at our recycling center. Except for a few lights out, works fine. Will keep this one and sell the 2400. Any ideas where to get replacement bulbs?

Thanks

Where do you live that people throw away BM1900s?

By the way, why not keep both?  I have both...

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

Rich:

Where do you live that people throw away BM1900s?

By the way, why not keep both?  I have both...

Must be a country with no Ebay, bad internet, few connections to the outside world, BELIZELaughing

And yes keep both, if not for use, then keep one for spares.

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

revkev8
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Must just be in the right place at the right time.

Thanks to all

holger_holland
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

These are the light bulbs specs for BeoMaster 1900 / 2400 en 2400-2:

Voltage: 12 Volt

Amperage: 80 mA

Wattage: 0,96 Watt

Fitting: T1 1/2

They are called micro lamps and you need 15 of them

In Holland they costs 72 eurocents. It cost me some afford to find the right specs so i want to let the world know

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,851 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:24 PM

Welcome to Beoworld !

Happy to see a so eager new poster, no less than 7 almost identical posts. Being a moderator and technical advisor,
I have taken the liberty to answer two of them and delete the remaining since, unfortunately, they are giving out
wrong information like, sadly, most service manuals do.
12V lamps will be overrun in Beomaster 1900/2400 and will only last very few hours.
The original lamps typically lasted for 10-20 years or more, many are still burning, whereas owners who tried
fitting lamps bought from their local electronics store will keep replacing lamps at a steady rate.
You can buy the types made for chinese toys very cheap everywhere, particularly if you choose to go with
12V types, they are often found at less than 1 euro a piece (plus postage), that's correct.
Alternatively I can supply correct longlife types like the originals at the mere cost of production and postage
but the choice of what to fit in your Beomaster is yours completely. Smile

Martin

holger_holland
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

Dear Martin, Thank for your reply. I was so happy to find the right lamps that i would like to share this with everyone with the broken lights problem in their Beomaster 1900 or 2400

The lights i ordered are made in Germany (BMW en Volkswagen) en cost 72 eurocent each. So i'll give it a go and will let you know. 

Thanks for being concerned.

Holger from Holland

holger_holland
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

Interesting: I just received an email of B&O theirself: They confirm the specs (voltage, watts, size, amperage) are OK.

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
10,851 Posts
Founder
Dillen replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:50 PM

holger_holland:

Interesting: I just received an email of B&O theirself: They confirm the specs (voltage, watts, size, amperage) are OK.

Interesting indeed but not a surprise since they probably just looked it up in the service manual.  Laughing
Would you care to share with us who at B&O signed the email ?

Martin

holger_holland
Not Ranked
13 Posts
Bronze Member

Yesterday I replaced al the bulbs. It was a little difficult to get everything in its place but my Beomaster 2400-2 is now working. I hope the lamps will last a long time.

Dus anyone knows the difference between the 2400 and the 2400-2 model. I'm very new with B&O.

14 days ago i bought my first beomaster and i really like it.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL