Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolit 17 is official

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 66 Replies | 3 Followers

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,523 Posts
Gold Member
TWG posted on Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:31 AM

https://www.beoplay.com/landingpages/beolit17

New:

- alarm
- skip tracks from your device via Beolit 17 (but just forward, no backward)
- USB C
- faster charging
- tone touch (custom playlist via touch of the button)
- last track played

two colors:
- natural
- stone grey

if "stone grey" is the same color as on the Beoplay A1 it'll look great (only the color, the A1 still looks just ugly and stays unergonomical) Wink

All Replies

Michael
Not Ranked
Los Angeles
57 Posts
Bronze Member

Could agree more that lack of multi room is a mistake. Having something portable to take poolside or on the patio is key. The BS1 is ergonomically not the same. 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,487 Posts
Bronze Member

It is still just bluetooth but the change is mainly that it now uses USB-C cable and an external adaptor instead of it being built in. The battery capacity and speaker capacity seems to still be the same, so it is just a little lighter due to no AC/DC converter fitted inside the casing. (And of course the touch buttons is a change too). 

Regarding multiroom this would have increased the price since there is no wifi radio in the device. It just uses bluetooth. I also would have loved that but considering its usage I understand them. I rather look forward to find a nice device that can act as a bluetooth host and transmit to several bluetooth speakers independently (no matter brand or type). Such a device would be really good if you want to use several portable speakers in or out of your home.

This update could be considered the same kind of upgrade that Beoplay A2 got in its "active" model.

I think the USB-C choice is a good one, and now you can charge the device with your Macbook cable or any other USB-C adaptor (that supplies sufficient amount of wattage). The BL17 charger is a 45W charger so it will charge a MacBook quickly (It comes with a 29W charger) but it might not charge a MacBook Pro 13 or 15 that well since then need 67/87W for optimal charging speed. It should work in hibernation though. 

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
13,539 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:

Regarding multiroom this would have increased the price since there is no wifi radio in the device. It just uses bluetooth. I also would have loved that but considering its usage I understand them. I rather look forward to find a nice device that can act as a bluetooth host and transmit to several bluetooth speakers independently (no matter brand or type). Such a device would be really good if you want to use several portable speakers in or out of your home.

If this works for the Audioengine bluetooth speakers, why shouldn't it work with the B&O Play speakers?

http://audioengineusa.com/blog/the-easy-way-to-get-multi-room-sound-with-bluetooth

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

Still no option to turn on the speaker from a remote or from phone via the app? 

This is only think that it annoying on beolit 15 that I need to push the the button on the speaker. I want to be in the bed on a lazy Sunday and music start not to get off the bed and push the button and etc...

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

This is only think that it annoying on beolit 15 that I need to push the the button on the speaker. I want to be in the bed on a lazy Sunday and music start not to get off the bed and push the button and etc...

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

danielcalutul
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
1,793 Posts
Bronze Member

I rather thought that the hidden cord storage of the BeoLit 15 was clever and useful.

AGLADHEART
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

I am new to the world of Beolit  and new to this site so it is great to see what others think.  

I just purchased two Beolit 15 speakers a month ago.  I purchased pink and blue.  Love the colors and love the sound.  

I can't help but wonder if the sound quality will be significantly improved on the 17.  Indifferent

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,212 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Mar 3 2017 10:16 AM

AGLADHEART:

I can't help but wonder if the sound quality will be significantly improved on the 17.  Indifferent

Absolutely not. It's the same design. The speakers/internals won't have changed, certainly not "significantly". How would that be possible?

I thought that, universally, one area most people agreed on was that with the 15 the sound quality was excellent?

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
159 Posts
Bronze Member

moxxey:

The cable compartment is removed to allow for an improved sound. So there is some difference sound wise between Beolit 15 and 17. 

But, like you, I doubt there is any significant difference.

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.2, 4 speaker Shape and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mk4 GVA, H2, H3, H8, E6, Beosound 1 GVA.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,536 Posts
Bronze Member
beojeff:

I rather thought that the hidden cord storage of the BeoLit 15 was clever and useful.

However I think a lot of people may have mis judged how the clip that holds the flap works and have broken it.

Wasn't an issue for me on my BL12 but I read others broke theirs regularly.

On B&O site there are not many images so I had to download the user guide

So yes , no hidey hole for the cord

The power is in a more usable spot - was previously difficult if you had to plug in and out. That's a B&O thing they love to do - make the spot where you plug the power in, in the most awkward of spots

There is now a brick for charging but I suspect most will use their MacBook / MacBook Pro USB c chargers if you have one

I wonder if it looks nicer now that the aluminium grill is wrapped all the way around

Will they bring out another white one?

I love the return to the touch buttons.
Page 2 of 5 (67 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL