Gold Member
Duels replied on Mon, Feb 20 2017 8:54 PM
This sounds like a great idea!!!!!!
mauszwerg
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Gold Member
mauszwerg replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 6:20 PM
Would be great to meet some guys from this wonderful site in Struer.

Ralf
waterlander2004
Top 500 Contributor
The Hague, Netherlands
Posts 76
Founder
We'd love to join!

Missed out last time...
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,383
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:02 PM

When we could arrange it in september count me in, too!

Glad to help and meet you all  in person.

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
Posts 302
Bronze Member
egges replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 7:21 PM

i'd also like to join!

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,036
Founder
9 LEE replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 8:03 PM

Okayyy... so we're all talking like it's happening!!

I've been watching this thread from the sidelines, so to speak, and waited to see what the response was.  As it was met with unbridled enthusiasm I took it upon myself to email Bang & Olufsen to ask what the chances were.....

I received a response back today......

There's a possibility (and I stress, POSSIBILITY) that something may happen in the Spring of 2018.  There's a reason for this, but I'm not entirely sure I'm allowed to say yet - but it will be in Struer, and not Shenzhen (they asked me to point out)..

So, for now, it looks positive.

Lee

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,201
Bronze Member

That is great news, indeed Lee.

Let us keep the fire burning untill then - it's a year from now.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:47 PM
That is indeed great news, thanks a lot for your feedback and reactivity Lee !

Even if it's more than one year from now, I suppose a lot of us will still be interested in B&O and the trip to the Farm, the Cube, the Museum, the Sheep...

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
Posts 1,974
Bronze Member
Seanie_230 replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 10:50 PM
Thanks Lee, great news and interesting what you might not be allowed to say.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 613
Gold Member

Yes that is actually great news. Many thanks Lee for such prompt action from the sidelines and fantastic to see so many people wanting to go. I am personally very excited to visit B&O as I have never got round to getting over their, so this thread has really given me the nudge to do something about it finally. It will be the trip of a lifetime to see a company I have been so passionate about since aged 9. Simon Big Smile

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 474
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:05 PM
Thanx Lee for asking B&O for a possibility.

Looking forward to join the trip with other members.

What has B&O for us to tell/present in spring 2018?

A long wait, but worth.

Keep us updated during the next monthsBig SmileSmile.
Stefan E
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 93
Gold Member
Stefan E replied on Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:39 PM

Count me in on a trip to Struer 2017 or 2018... it´s mandatory to visit them as a real Beo friend, and also got the opportunity to meet other members from here.

I missed the opportunity to visit the factory during the 90th when I was working for Ericssons to do some audits of the Beocom 9500 that Ericsson produced for B&O.

BS3 DVB-HD, BV7-40 MKIII, BC6-26, BC6-23, BV4-50/BS2, BS5, BS9000, BL3500, MLGW, BLGW, PlayMaker, - BS6500, BS4500, LX6000, VX7000, MX5500, VX5000 - Beo6, Beo5, BeoTimex2, Linctonic

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
Posts 858
Gold Member

Spring 2018:

Pentecoste is May 20th 2018. If you could arrange after May 27th or at the beginning of May, I wouldn't mind. I am looking forward to the same procedure as 2012 regarding my trip to Struer.

Peter the biker

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,383
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:37 AM

Thank you, Lee for your effort.

Happening in Struer sounds so much better than Shenzhen and pointing out, that you should emphasize the Struer part shows that they seem to take the China bashing (not only from me) serious Big Smile - which is a good sign.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,296
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:42 AM
Awesome Lee!

Yes - thumbs up

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

mauszwerg
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 89
Gold Member
mauszwerg replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:04 AM
Great news. Thank You Lee.

Ralf
kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 455
Founder

Count me in then :-)

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Founder
BeoIce replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 8:31 AM

Count me in too wether it is 2017 or 2018.

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 436
Gold Member
Ferdinand replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:09 AM

I joined the 2012 trip and it was amazing. I think about it every now and then and it always brings a smile to my face.

So I am looking forward to any plans happening 2018.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,036
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:37 AM

Just for the record, if the trip happens there will be 24 available places.  It will, of course, be hugely oversubscribed, so a ballot system will have to be entered into.

Wether longer-serving members get priority, higher posters get priority, Gold Members get priority - or nobody gets priority (how would you feel, as a long serving Gold Member, with 2,000+ posts to your name if your place got taken by a Bronze level member who had just joined for the trip and never posted on the site?)

All things to discuss and debate of course. We've got plenty of time!

Lee

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 83
Founder
petermc replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:48 AM

Perhaps first preference to Gold Members + those who didn't get to go on the last trip?

Just a thought.

petermc
Top 500 Contributor
Australia
Posts 83
Founder
petermc replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 9:48 AM

Perhaps first preference to Gold Members + those who didn't get to go on the last trip?

Just a thought.

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
Posts 302
Bronze Member
egges replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:16 AM

why, dear Lee, the limitation? the more will visit Struer, the prouder the company could be to have afficionates all over the world. and i don't expect they have to host 2000 people without limitation. just a humble question from somebody who wouldn't mind to show, let's say, 75 persons the facilities 

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,383
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 10:39 AM

I didn't made it the last time, hopefully this time I'm in.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 12,201
Bronze Member

I guess the number depends on what they are going to offer.

Certainly they could host 75 people, but then they/we would have to be divided into smaller groups - at least for some of the events.

Do remember that this will require a great deal of 'manpower' - since they surely will want to do the best they can to satisfy the expectaions of the Beoworlders (many of these coming from far away).

My question to Lee - how many had subscribed seriously for the previous events  - how much did you have to limit?

Is the 24 a number that was mentioned by your contact at B&O/Struer?

As for the way to limit - difficult question, uhhh!

Limiting to 'Gold members' would be like 'buying your way to Struer'.

On the other hand a member with litteraly no postings shouldn't be the first to include.

Exclude those who have been there in 2007/12 isn't a good idea, either - since a lot has changed since rhen

How did you do it previously?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Thailand 5560 miles from Struer
Posts 360
Bronze Member

Much as I would love to go, family commitments make this not possible, so I can be a bit impartial as it were

if there are 24 places I feel this should be split into two groups of 12, group A and group B

as a ballot is inevitable, group A could consist of

those that were on a previous visit( they shouldn't be excluded)

those that are silver and gold members who contribute financially to the forum

those long standing members with many posts

group B could consist of

bronze members

those who don't feel confident to post regularly 

Other members who have a years membership prior to the first announcement 

this might ensure that everyone has the opportunity to join the trip, just a thought

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Founder
BeoIce replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:41 AM

That looks like "Group A"  for me. So there are eleven persons left. Big Smile

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 360
Bronze Member

I think so long as membership of both groups is roughly equal it doesn't matter too much

i think the important thing is to include as many members as possible in the two groups in order to be fair and have a mixed representation of Beoworld 

obviously someone one who recently joined wouldn't expect to go on such a prestigious trip right away at the expense of long term members

bidstonhall
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 360
Bronze Member

That's only membership of the ballot, you'll have to wait to see if you get picked out

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
Posts 750
Founder
BeoIce replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:55 AM

bidstonhall:

That's only membership of the ballot, you'll have to wait to see if you get picked out

I was just joking Stick out tongue

Foxtrott
Top 150 Contributor
Vienna, Austria
Posts 700
Founder
Foxtrott replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 11:58 AM

Personally I'd love to participate in a Beoworld Trip to Struer (haven't had the time and/or funds to participate in prior visits) but I can understand that there might be a limitated number of participants.

There is plenty of time left until 2018 and maybe there is/will be a possibility for a larger group... I'd say let's wait an see. If there has to be some sort of ballot or othe form of way to distribute a limites number of places, I am sure Lee and the Beoworld Team will come up with a suitable way to do it.

Cheers
Foxtrott

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

William Shakespeare, Henry VI, Part 2, Act 4  

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,383
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 12:36 PM

Yep, we have nearly a year of time, so let's be patient and hope for the best :-)

Dear Bang & Olufsen, you could use us as a great marketing campaign, too! How many companies show their happy customers right in the heart of the company? And I guess at the day of visiting Struer NOBODY of our group will be in a bad mood. I'm even smiling now while only thinking of visiting my company. Big Smile

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 529
Gold Member

Think we are going to need a big hat to put all the names in. Just hoping I will be lucky enough to be in a position to go when my name is pulled out of the hat!

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
Posts 216
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 2:29 PM
I am following with great interest.
Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
Posts 6,290
Gold Member

Ballot or no ballot, chosen or not chosen, I will go there anyway, just to hang out with you guys, maybe 2 groups, the chosen and a second group just for meeting other Beoworlders.

Looking forward to see you guys

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,036
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 4:42 PM

The number was suggested as being 25 by Bang & Olufsen. I would have thought I'll be going (!!) so that leaves 24 places. I'll have a word, but it takes a lot of manpower and expense to herd 25 people around.

It's not a case of we just turn up, wander round for half an hour, then go home...  Their legendary Danish hospitality usually extends to coach transfers, lunches, coffee breaks, behind the scenes tours, talks from heads of department, presentations, an evening meal and so on.  A huge amount of effort and planning goes into this, so I'm very reluctant to start making demands when it's already extremely kind of them to do the tour in the first place..

As for priority in any ballot, I'll still leave that one for discussion.  Personally I think people should have earned the right to be on the BeoWorld visit. After all, Bang & Olufsen are inviting BeoWorld Members as a way of thanking us for our input, support, comments (good and bad) and our dedication to the brand.  I just think someone who has contributed nothing at all to the site, but just fancies a nosey round the factory and some free hospitality, then gets the place over someone who has had a huge input to BeoWorld would be a little galling.

As for the question "how oversubscribed was the last trip?" - it was about three times oversubscribed. I seem to think I excluded people who had been on the previous trip, but don't hold me to this fact.

Lee

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 4:49 PM
Rule number 1 : the original poster of that thread gets priority.

Good luck for the 23 left !
the_o_master
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 817
Bronze Member

9 LEE:

Just for the record, if the trip happens there will be 24 available places.  It will, of course, be hugely oversubscribed, so a ballot system will have to be entered into.

Wether longer-serving members get priority, higher posters get priority, Gold Members get priority - or nobody gets priority (how would you feel, as a long serving Gold Member, with 2,000+ posts to your name if your place got taken by a Bronze level member who had just joined for the trip and never posted on the site?)

All things to discuss and debate of course. We've got plenty of time!

Lee

If the number of places are really limited, at least 12 places should go to the VIP BW-members (the criteria can be any of those already mentioned, one more: number of B&O items in personal collection Wink ) and other 12 places should be drawn from siver and gold members.

Vintage Bang & Olufsen

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,205
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 5:16 PM
Nice approach Soren.
riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
Posts 897
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:09 PM

Since the existence of beoworld relies on both member participation and financial contributions I think it is reasonable to restrict access to any ballot to those members who have either a minimum post count of 'x', or who are silver/gold members (perhaps in combination with a lower minimum post count too for this group, just to exclude unknown new members buying their way onto the list).

Members who have both paid membership and who are active participants would then effectively have a higher chance of being selected as they would meet the criteria for both groups.

People who just fancy 'a wander around the factory' have the option of attending one of the public tours that B&O conduct each year as I did a couple of year back. For me, much of the appeal of attending a beoworld tour would be the opportunity to meet other members of the beoworld 'family' - eg those members who you feel you know in some sense already despite having never met in person (as well as the fact the tour is likely to include areas not normally included in the public tours - the cube for example).

Martin.

Page 2 of 4 (142 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL