any rumours about other products?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,433 Posts
Gold Member
Esax:

My dealer said the new oled tv should have a price reduction of about 30% against avant. And a new speaker with beolab 90 technology coming in at 50% above beolab 5.

I heard exactly the same thing. The LGs will be surprisingly better value for money than current sets.....relatively Yes - thumbs up

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,621 Posts
Bronze Member

Sandyb:

Yes, very fair point.......though webOS has in general been well reviewed, whereas Android TV, even on other brands (Sony) has always been seen as not mature / buggy........though i expect Android TV to improve...........but yes, there are many aspects to get right (design, audio, picture quality, interface etc), so there's plenty of scope for the very highest expectations to be disappointed......

I am very sure that B&O sorting things out about BV14. It already big improvement and week 10 is the BIG update.Smile

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,211 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Mon, Feb 13 2017 10:26 PM

mr_anders_son:

I dont see why that will be better with LGs platform!?

I've not seen the issues with LGs platform as we've seen with the BV14. Their platform is reviewed well http://www.trustedreviews.com/lg-webos-2-0-smart-tv-system-review

In the same way the huge ongoing Sky/BV7-40 issues were exclusive to B&O. B&O has major issues with software going back years. However, if they take the LG platform, they won't need to worry about such issues.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:20 AM
There is a rumor going around that they may make a TV that actually works.

Is this true?
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,433 Posts
Gold Member

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

Yes, very fair point.......though webOS has in general been well reviewed, whereas Android TV, even on other brands (Sony) has always been seen as not mature / buggy........though i expect Android TV to improve...........but yes, there are many aspects to get right (design, audio, picture quality, interface etc), so there's plenty of scope for the very highest expectations to be disappointed......

Be interesting to see.

I used web os on an lg tv at a shop and I hated it. It seemed amateurish.

Maybe it's more sophisticated than when I looked which was at Christmas time
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,847 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:18 AM

oh yes, its definitely a little cartoonish.....i think it has been well reviewed because its smooth and stable, and the reviewers seem to quite like the tabs / cards.....everyone hold your breath for the animated bird character that pops up occasionally.......

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

oh yes, its definitely a little cartoonish.....i think it has been well reviewed because its smooth and stable, and the reviewers seem to quite like the tabs / cards.....everyone hold your breath for the animated bird character that pops up occasionally.......

The stable part sounds good lol

I always liked the Sony XMB interface and even their pre android menus. So easy to navigate.

And I like the one on my avant too.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,847 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:20 AM

To be honest the Android interface is absolutely fine, its just been the instability.....though that does seem to have improved since the software update.......still obviously prefer the old simple UI......

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,534 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb:

To be honest the Android interface is absolutely fine, its just been the instability.....though that does seem to have improved since the software update.......still obviously prefer the old simple UI......

Did you find the speaker groups section easier to navigate ?

I thought it looked ok too.
Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
1,847 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 10:50 AM

yes, when you are dealing with the system settings part of the UI, it is much as it was before............i dont have any speakers connected to my BV14 (its in my bedroom), but have played quite a bit with other settings, and its more or less as simple and elegant as it was before, and looks very familiar.......in that regard at least, B&O seem to have made an effort to migrate the same menu structure as on the old system.......i hope they do the same for the LG panel  sets later this year, but who knows.....

KMA
Top 150 Contributor
613 Posts
Bronze Member
KMA replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:25 PM
Aussie Michael:

Be interesting to see.

I used web os on an lg tv at a shop and I hated it. It seemed amateurish.

Maybe it's more sophisticated than when I looked which was at Christmas time

It's actually quite a pleasure to use it – everything is neatly integrated in the user interface: apps, inputs, channels – and seamless navigation between them all.

Also, with the MR700 remote, I can control everything connected to the LG OLED – AppleTV, Blu-ray player – without any PUC cables. LG has a pretty impressive list of devices they support, and setting up control is easy with on-screen instructions. I was actually very surprised by this, a combination of IR and HDMI-CEC control.

I'm really hoping B&O moves in this direction with their OLED. No hiccups, crashes or bugs so far.

The MR700 is no BeoRemote One, but pretty good compared to many other mainstream remotes.

KMA

B&O product history since 1991: Ridiculously long to list in a signature.

ga53n
Not Ranked
Hamburg, Germany
16 Posts
Bronze Member
ga53n replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 4:57 PM
If the software is as good as we hope for, maybe the new versions of Horizon and Beovision 14 will utilize the same platform.
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,211 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 5:31 PM

ga53n:
If the software is as good as we hope for, maybe the new versions of Horizon and Beovision 14 will utilize the same platform.

I seriously doubt that will happen - there's a hell of a lot of integration to embed an entire OS in to the TV, including the eprom etc. Plus you can't just go and licence a brand new platform and then push it back on to old products.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,563 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:14 PM

Sandyb:
though webOS has in general been well reviewed

I've used webOS on my "HP Touchpad" tablet and it was a pleasure to use...

mr_anders_son
Top 75 Contributor
sweden
1,621 Posts
Bronze Member
CB:

I've used webOS on my "HP Touchpad" tablet and it was a pleasure to use...

Thats good but says nothing about how it will work with a B&O system!

BeoVision Eclipse 55"...BeoLab 5 FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BV5 HD....Beoplay V1-40....BV10-32....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....Beosound 1 New York edt....Beogram 4002....Beoplay M5....Beoplay M3....Beoremote Halo....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H95 Black LTD....H9i Rimowa....6 x H6....Form 1....U70...

Page 3 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL