rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 45 Replies | 2 Followers

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member
Leslie posted on Sat, Mar 3 2012 8:17 AM

Few things that doesn't work as a (new) member here on this forum.

-Can not reply on the General forum  -- Now fixed Keith...

-Stars are gone -- Fixed Keith..

-Can not edit my posts, does not show up in drop down "more"  -- Is fixed Keith..

Some members post count was not transferred  -- I allowed until last Wednesday 14th March to request transfer of Post Count and those who requested it received a transfer.  Keith..

Brengen & Ophalen

All Replies

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,152 Posts
Founder

AT:
Can You please check it for me? IMHO my membership expired, or will expire in the near future, but I did not get any message about it.

Your membership expires on 17th April like many other members who joined on the first date of Beoworld on 17th April 2007 and you will receive an automatric reminder in the next few days..

As defined in the other thread HERE about post count transfers.  I have been honouring all requests for post count transfers up to last Wednesday.

Regards Keith....

AT
Top 500 Contributor
Budapest, Magyarország
235 Posts
Founder
AT replied on Sun, Mar 18 2012 8:27 PM

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't online until then, and didn't found that thread after the deadline either. I was post my request there,

Some other problems with the forum:

- "Members On-Line" status has wrong post count - mostly - "(0)" for me for example, but it's all wrong for all users

- If You press the name, the search function will show "userid:XXXX" against to the user name (anyway it works)

- If I press "Posts you have not read" shortcut, I will get the list, but:

- I can't go to the last unread post, as I can get the first or the last only (maybe my fault)

- If I select "New since last visit" option, the list will be empty with this message: "There are no posts to show. This could be because there are no posts in this forum or due to a filter."

And a suggestion:

- I think, the "Posts you have not read" shortcut could be placed on the top on the page (where it was earlier)

I'm using Opera/WinXP, maybe these are faults for this case only. I hope these suggestions will help You to improve the site.

EDIT: +1 - I asked to "Email me replies to this post", and this option sent me this post, the post with which I asked for the replies. I think, this is a bug this way.

joeyboygolf
Top 25 Contributor
Ely, Cambridgeshire, UK
4,145 Posts
Founder

Leslie:

We don't get any reply regarding our memberships contribution/notification 2012 so I guess it's a gift from Beoworld?

My membership renewal email arrived as usual  today. Renewal is due 16/4/2012

Those that have not received a reminder, are you sure that BeoWorld has your correct email address??????

Regards Graham

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 12:10 PM

My email has not changed since my membership and as far as I can remember I always get notifications for payment? Let me know when I have to pay my contribution?

Brengen & Ophalen

tournedos
Top 10 Contributor
Finland
7,302 Posts
Gold Member

joeyboygolf:
Those that have not received a reminder, are you sure that BeoWorld has your correct email address??????

Very good point.

Let me add that email is unreliable by design. It was that in the '80s when it was first designed, and the fundamental problems have never been fixed in Internet protocols, although the more reliable networks of today usually make it seem that way. They can also get lost for a number of other reasons, like spam filters incorrectly eating them, or your mailbox being over quota. I would never rely on email reminders for anything.

Regular gold (and silver) members will know their membership has expired when they aren't gold any more¹. Then you can upgrade and that's it, your status is reinstated immediately when the payment goes through.

Founder members... if you really are interested in keeping the founder status, is it too much to ask that you mark a single date in the calendar once a year?

¹ except for a few cases after this forum upgrade, when the roles weren't automatically transferred. These have been corrected per request, I believe.

--mika

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,152 Posts
Founder

Leslie:

My email has not changed since my membership and as far as I can remember I always get notifications for payment? Let me know when I have to pay my contribution?

Whilst I manually set your Status to Gold after the forum changeover, on checking your status I see that your membership actually expired at the beginning of December last year and your status will automatically change back to Bronze next time you logout/login via the web site unless you renew your membership.

To view your membership expiry date go to the beoworld web site HERE and click on link as shown below

Regards Keith....

PhilLondon
Top 25 Contributor
London
3,607 Posts
Bronze Member

That's what happened to me, although my expiry date was in December, I wasn't downgraded on the old forum, nor did I get the email. 

Beoworld app with direct photo upload and emoticons. Other apps: ConsltThe Story Mouse

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 19 2012 6:15 PM

That's what I tried to say as well for the xxxx  time.

One more x and I consider this year is as a 2012 gift...

Brengen & Ophalen

Menahem Yachad
Top 75 Contributor
Jerusalem, Israel
1,186 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Keith,

I lost my Posts count. It's always nice to be a newbie outside, but this is home here!

Menahem

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,152 Posts
Founder

yachadm:

Hi Keith,

I lost my Posts count. It's always nice to be a newbie outside, but this is home here!

Menahem

Are you upgrading your membership now ?

Regards Keith....

AT
Top 500 Contributor
Budapest, Magyarország
235 Posts
Founder
AT replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:00 PM

Dear Keith,

I've posted several problems and questions about the new forum here, and in another topic.

May I kindly ask You why I didn't received nor any reply, neither any solution?

Thanks,

AT

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member

I've been suddenly downgraded from gold to bronze membership. So this is Beoworlds notification to renew my membership? Have asked many times why I didn't get any notification before!

Brengen & Ophalen

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,866 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 5:44 PM

Leslie:

I've been suddenly downgraded from gold to bronze membership. So this is Beoworlds notification to renew my membership? Have asked many times why I didn't get any notification before!

I think Keith has answered that query fully above. He changed your profile but had then realised that you were in the number of people who had been missed by the computer. When you logged out, you reset your status. I am glad to see you are gold again so quickly!

Peter

Leslie
Top 25 Contributor
the Netherlands City
5,423 Posts
Silver Member
Leslie replied on Tue, Apr 3 2012 11:02 PM

Peter:
I am glad to see you are gold again so quickly!

It's worth the money Peter!

Brengen & Ophalen

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
5,152 Posts
Founder

AT:

I've posted several problems and questions about the new forum here, and in another topic.

May I kindly ask You why I didn't received nor any reply, neither any solution?

I noted your postings both here and in the other thread and I review all postings and along with the hundred or so e-mail's I receive each week in my e-mail account. Where approprate, I provide replies, but the fact I did not reply does not reduce the importance of your or anyone else's posting.

Regards Keith....

Page 3 of 4 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL