rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

tacobavaria
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member
tacobavaria posted on Thu, Feb 2 2017 11:00 PM

Dear all,

I just replaced my old AV9000 with a newer BV 10-40 from 2013, MKIII, latest SW.

Despite a "worse" picture in terms of depth, black nuances and clarity compared to the CRT (which I expected), I have some very strange SW/HW issues.

1) When the TV starts, I see a Bang & Olufsen logo bottom right. It dissapears, the whole screen blinks grey for a second and then the curtain opens up??? Why does it "blink" grey?

2) The fans are quiet but still, the AV9000 was completely quiet - no fans needed...

3) When I select speaker 2, the TV center speakers won't turn off completely. They are always are on volume 01 with very low noise. You can hear it placing your ear in front of the internal TV speakers. Once you turn the volume to 00, they stop completely. Volume 01 - they start. This then stays the same whatever level you select - it does not get louder, always stays "rauschend".

4) When the TV is turned on, all powerlink Speakers, Front and Rear click and are turned on. The LED turns green and sound starts. I selected Speaker5 as VIDEO standard, but when I change to Speaker 3 or 1, the Beolabs (Rear or all) wont turn off. They stop playing Muisc, but the LED stays green and the amplifier is still on and heats...(old Pentas!). Like with the internal speakers (see number 3) it does not stop 100%. The AV9000 used to really turn the speakers off, when not in use.

Maybe some of you can help me? Or simply tell me thsi was state-of-the Art in 2013 for B&O...

I did not want to upgarde to Netlink (BV 11 or 14) due to an old Overture, hooked up via Masterlink.

Everything else works fine: Apple TV, old HDR2 for analogue recording. But the Powerlink bugs are annoying

Regards

Thomas

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,599 Posts
Bronze Member

That is not normal behaviour.

Did you confront the seller/dealer with this?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,599 Posts
Bronze Member

Ouups - my answer was to question 3.

2: It has fans, yes.

1: Screen/logo behaviour seems normal - but usually there is no 'grey blinking'.

Was the DVB-tuner updated as well?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

tacobavaria
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Bronze Member

Build 229

DVB HD T/C2 mkIII,  0.1.9.9.,

TCON 20111013 - 11353

SM HW 4.4

The grey blinking can only bee seen in dark conditions. Today, at daylight you hardly notice it.

The strangest thing is the power link beolab behaviour...anybody out there that has a similar set-up?

BV 10 + Front Beolab Penta + Rear Beolab 4500 (but any old display Beolab is the same)

Does anybody have the customer service menue option list with explanations?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL