rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Sat, Jan 21 2017 11:53 AM

Hi B&O fans:)

My BL18's are connected to my BV14(wireless) - but I wonder if it is possible also to connect them to another device like a sonos unit? The reason is that I would like to stream music to the BL18 without have to power on the tv.

/Kim

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by hostler

Hi Tom,

1: That is what you have to do.

2: I suppose, that you already have that (it is probably the first/the default). 

3: In the setup of the Moment you'll have to deselect your BL18's.

The speakers must be connected to the tv --- before you do the 1:

Then tell the Moment to use the tv as speaker - see also the Avant User Guide (especially about Product Integration/page 77). 

4: On the Avant you will see new sources in the Source List (linked from the Moment).

and 5: and 6: Enter the Source List, press the red button and enter the Advanced Settings.

Here you can select the prefered Speaker Group (including the audio settings) etc etc.

With the audio sources, you choose the created 'Music' group - for video sources the TV' group.

This means, that the tv does not have to turn from the wall - but it will turn on in any case, since it now is the hub for everything.

Note A: You can also use the 'My Buttons', e.g,. if you want a certain radio program, at a certain volume to start up with the Music' group.

You could use another 'My Button' for turning on the radio/a certain program from a (yet to make) Speaker Group with only the internal Avant speaker...

....if you would need that.

The audio engine of the Avant is very versatile - a shame not to use that!

Note B: You can always choose another Speaker Group manually with the remote, if that suits you better in some cases.

Have fun exploring the yet unknow possibilities of your Avant ;-)

P.S. Read this a couple of times and re-read the User Guides for your Moment and the Avant.

Have a look at this also:

https://youtu.be/xj3S1SGyPhY

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

All Replies

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
I don't have BL18s I have 20s. My BLs have a switch that toggles between L - R - WIRELESS

I have them operating with two "wired" inputs: powerlink and optical so the L or R settings work.

I don't se how you could have two alternative wireless (wise) inputs for my 20s.

Nor one wireless and one wired.

BeoNut since '75

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost:

Hi B&O fans:)

My BL18's are connected to my BV14(wireless) - but I wonder if it is possible also to connect them to another device like a sonos unit? The reason is that I would like to stream music to the BL18 without have to power on the tv.

/Kim

No

I asked once if I can use them with a playmaker.

The answer was no.

You could attach something and change the switch each time between wireless etc but it's a pain in the A.

I have sent music via NL to my speakers before (18s). The TV switches on but mutes the pic.
MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
232 Posts
Bronze Member
MircoHH replied on Sun, Jan 22 2017 11:20 AM

No, it doesn't work. I asked B&O because I have the same problem. 

I have a BV Avant and a BS Moment in the same room. First I have connected the Beolab 18 to the the Avant But everytime when I want to listen music with my BS Moment, the Avant turn ON. 

Now I have connected the Beolab 18 directly to the BS Moment. The problem is, that I have no Dolby 5.1 now. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Personally I would not sacrifice a 5.1 setup because of the 'issue' of the Avant turning on!

Besides - you have a lot more options to control the sound (and make Speaker Groups), when you use the audio engine of the Avant as the hub.

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
MircoHH:

No, it doesn't work. I asked B&O because I have the same problem.

I have a BV Avant and a BS Moment in the same room. First I have connected the Beolab 18 to the the Avant But everytime when I want to listen music with my BS Moment, the Avant turn ON.

Now I have connected the Beolab 18 directly to the BS Moment. The problem is, that I have no Dolby 5.1 now.

Is the moment not WISA?

I thought you would just make speaker groups on either.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

You can connect multiple speakers to the BS Moment (configuring these on the speaker as L/R).

But they will all play - no grouping there.

Speaker Groups is a feature of the audio engine in the BV's.

MM

hostler
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

So, you cannot have a set of WISA speakers that can intelligently share themselves between two WISA sources - like a Moment and a BV11?

I'm actually asking because i'm interested in sharing a Beolab 19 Sub between these two sources. My room forces me to have a TV area, and an audio area, but both could do with a little oomph from a  sub.

Ideally I could share, as i'll never have both on simultaneously.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Supposing that you have a BV11/Avant/V1 or newer tv!

Why not configure a group of speakers (connected via WPL to the tv) for audio only.

This can include the sub as well.

Place the R/L speakers, where you need them - and configure all audio sources on the tv to use this group as the default group.

MM

BeoMegaMan
Top 150 Contributor
572 Posts
Bronze Member

3 ways to accomplish what you want. 2 require you to wait for the multi-room SW release in Spring.

#1- the easiest would be to run a RCA to Headphone patch cable to the BV14 from the Sonos box. Then hit the Show Picture button and select No Picture.

#2 - Buy an Essence and integrate the two in a one room setup. Then run the Sonos to the Essence line input and tell the TV to turn off after XX time or use the manual show picture button again. 

#3 - Buy a NL/ML converter and repeat the steps in #2 with out using it as an integrated one room setup. 

All 3 setups will allow you to choose the speaker configuration of used during the applicable setup. 

Ah, you know... A little B&O here, a little there 

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
475 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Mon, Jan 23 2017 9:44 PM
Is an Almando switch a solution?

Here is a link: https://almando.com/index.php/b-o/bo-und-sonos.html

hostler
Not Ranked
39 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Millemissen

I do have a BV11 with WISA, and a Moment - but i've never setup speaker groups & audio sources before. Currently both run independently, though I have linked them using the MultiRoom feature of BeoMusic App (but mainly as an experiment.

Forgive my newbie questions ... but do you mean

1. On the BV11 create an audio speaker group (L&R 18's + a common 19) - let's call it "Music"

2. On the BV11 create a TV speaker group (built-in BV speakers + the common 19)  - let's call that "TV"

3. Link the Moment to the BV 11 - not sure how but i've seen something in the setup screens - so will investigate

4. On the (now) linked Moment, select the "Music" speaker group as default, so audio plays out through that from any Moment source (Deezer, Line-in)

5. Setup the BV11 so TV sources (TV, AppleTV, AmazonFire etc) use the speaker Group "TV"

6. When the TV is switched on, it plays out from the TV group.

Question - will operating the moment fire-up the TV or will it stay off? The TV swings out from the wall (to watch TV) and so this would be a pain (though acceptable if it meant I could share a sub)

Thanks loads!

Tom 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by hostler

Hi Tom,

1: That is what you have to do.

2: I suppose, that you already have that (it is probably the first/the default). 

3: In the setup of the Moment you'll have to deselect your BL18's.

The speakers must be connected to the tv --- before you do the 1:

Then tell the Moment to use the tv as speaker - see also the Avant User Guide (especially about Product Integration/page 77). 

4: On the Avant you will see new sources in the Source List (linked from the Moment).

and 5: and 6: Enter the Source List, press the red button and enter the Advanced Settings.

Here you can select the prefered Speaker Group (including the audio settings) etc etc.

With the audio sources, you choose the created 'Music' group - for video sources the TV' group.

This means, that the tv does not have to turn from the wall - but it will turn on in any case, since it now is the hub for everything.

Note A: You can also use the 'My Buttons', e.g,. if you want a certain radio program, at a certain volume to start up with the Music' group.

You could use another 'My Button' for turning on the radio/a certain program from a (yet to make) Speaker Group with only the internal Avant speaker...

....if you would need that.

The audio engine of the Avant is very versatile - a shame not to use that!

Note B: You can always choose another Speaker Group manually with the remote, if that suits you better in some cases.

Have fun exploring the yet unknow possibilities of your Avant ;-)

P.S. Read this a couple of times and re-read the User Guides for your Moment and the Avant.

Have a look at this also:

https://youtu.be/xj3S1SGyPhY

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Tom,

you'll have to wait for my answer.

The post was 'caught' for moderation - for whatever reason ;-(