Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beoamp 2

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 2 Followers

ibg001
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 posted on Fri, Jan 20 2017 8:32 PM

Where can I find information about Beoamp 2?

Is it a Beolink product?

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,657 Posts
Bronze Member

You will probably have to ask a B&O dealer to get the more detailed information for you.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

ibg001
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 8:43 PM

Do you have any idea about how it is controlled?

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo replied on Fri, Jan 20 2017 11:06 PM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,657 Posts
Bronze Member

As the name says - it is an amp.

Designed for costum installations with (the new) passive speakers.

MM

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,974 Posts
Bronze Member
New passive speakers are these current or still to come.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

ibg001
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 10:07 AM

I am stil thinking how it actually will be controlled and work in a Beolink setup? I simply has not seen any description on how it works, how is it controlled and connected to what besides from the passive speakers.

I have today a Beolink Passive with passive speakers in one room connected to my masterlink, but is I get new products with Beolink NL, then I still need something for my passive speakers. Yes I know I can get a ML/NL converter, but if is skip the beolink. Can I den use the Beoamp 2 instead? But what will the Beoamp 2 then be connected to since it has not NL interface to be controlled that way.

I hope that you get what I am after?

I know it you say it is for custom solution, but that did not tell how it is used and controlled. IT probably have some I/O input like the Beoamp 16, but to connect to what?

It might just be me that has not understood how it works. 

ibg001
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 10:13 AM

If you then need the BLGW then I do not really see how smart it is just it will be very expensive.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,935 Posts
Founder
Answered (Not Verified) Peter replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 11:49 AM
Suggested by StKong

Looks like it is just a power amplifier so will simply go between the control box and the speakers and essentially turn passive speakers into active (or more accurately powered) speakers. No communication abilities.

Peter

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,974 Posts
Bronze Member
So is the beoamp 2 and beoamp 16 the same thing or are there actually two amps?

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 12:33 PM

Just a guess, AMP2 is for 2 speakers, AMP16 is for 16 speakers multiroom ?

EDIT: A quick search on google reveals this for Beoamp 16

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

ibg001
Not Ranked
61 Posts
Bronze Member
ibg001 replied on Sat, Jan 21 2017 2:01 PM

Yes I have also guessed that it for 2 and for 16 (1 zone and 8 zones. Smile But it still does say how it is intended to be used i a Beolink setup. 

Peter: You mention a control box. Which control box?

If you just want an extra room with passive speaker in a pure NL setup with NL products elsewhere in the house. How do you then utilise the Beoamp for that. And yes I know ti will be the amplifier for the speakers.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,657 Posts
Bronze Member

In your case just plug out the ML cable and the ir-eye from the Passive and connect the output of e.g. an Essence to the PL-in on the Passive.

This will then act as an amplifier for the Essence.

You will need a RJ45 -> DIN PL cable.

It can be controlled by the 'Wheely', the Beomusic app and/or alternatively a (new) ir-eye/a Beo remote

Since the Essence is a NL product, you have made your old setup with the passive speakers and the BeoLink Passive (amp) a part of your future NL setup.

No need for a Beoamp 2 in that case.

MM

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
921 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

In your case just plug out the ML cable and the ir-eye from the Passive and connect the output of e.g. an Essence to the PL-in on the Passive.

This will then act as an amplifier for the Essence.

You will need a RJ45 -> DIN PL cable.

It can be controlled by the 'Wheely', the Beomusic app and/or alternatively a (new) ir-eye/a Beo remote

Since the Essence is a NL product, you have made your old setup with the passive speakers and the BeoLink Passive (amp) a part of your future NL setup.

No need for a Beoamp 2 in that case.

MM

Indeed correct MM. very easy conversion to NL in the setup you describe. Affordable and you have multiple audio sources.

The amp 2 is a stereo amp

The amp 16 is a multichannel solution. Think multiroom with an essence for each area or home theater with all in wall speakers.

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
241 Posts
Bronze Member
StKong replied on Thu, Jan 26 2017 12:04 AM
Unintentional double post
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL