Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

sodoi18
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
sodoi18 posted on Mon, Jan 9 2017 3:22 PM

All:

Setup:

I have Beolab 1 as front speakers, Beolab 7.1 as center, Beolab 2 as sub and Beolab 6000 and 4000 as rear speaker in 7.1 setup connected to a Samsung KS8000 65" SUHD TV 

Question:

With recent 4k resolution in video processing, I am inclined towards using my ONKYO receiver ( details at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V8KWQO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )

for video processing and relying on the Beosystem 3 for just the Audio.

Is this possible, if so what would be the best way to accomplish this. I have HDMI out in my ONKYO - see image below

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

sodoi18
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Zhalgas

Good point on skipping the Onkyo for video completely - However, the ONKYO has a 4k upscaling I could potentially benefit and also the fact that Onkyo provides upto 7 HDMI inputs.

If I use the Toslink I guess I still get the audio signal processing from Beosystem 3 into the beolabs - sounds like it may work.

I would like to hear from the other users who are doing something similar by using the Beosystem for only the sound processing

All Replies

sodoi18
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member

See complete image of the receiver at - 

Onkyo TX-NR709

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004V8KWQO/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dante
Top 500 Contributor
Sao Paulo - Brazil
127 Posts
Silver Member
Dante replied on Mon, Jan 9 2017 6:38 PM

Why would you use the Onkyo? Can't you just connect the HDMI inputs directly in the TV?

Probably you have a digital out (SPDIF/Toslink) in your TV that you could connect in the BS3...

sodoi18
Not Ranked
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Zhalgas

Good point on skipping the Onkyo for video completely - However, the ONKYO has a 4k upscaling I could potentially benefit and also the fact that Onkyo provides upto 7 HDMI inputs.

If I use the Toslink I guess I still get the audio signal processing from Beosystem 3 into the beolabs - sounds like it may work.

I would like to hear from the other users who are doing something similar by using the Beosystem for only the sound processing

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL