rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 2 Followers

dhemch
Not Ranked
Nashville
1 Posts
Bronze Member
dhemch posted on Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:50 PM

I haven't seen this as a post/discussion, so please forgive a BeoWorld neophyte if this is a repeat conundrum....

I have a Beogram RX 2 turntable (original owner since @ 1987) that was damaged in a recent move, with the cartridge being essentially sheared off and lost (photo below) .   In trying to fix it, a few questions have come up:

1) is there a replacement piece for that part of the tone arm onto which i could then attach a new cartridge or would i have to replace the whole tone arm assembly?  curious as diagrams seem to indicate that it is a single unit, but Ive also noticed other similar B&O turntables with the same break. 2) is there a name for that particular part?  3) would a tone arm from a similar-but-different B&O turntable work as an option for replacing the entire assembly-  like from a Beogram 1800 or RX- and if so, which models are campatible?

Thanks,
Doug 

All Replies

ProGram
Top 200 Contributor
59269 Beckum, Germany
320 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Doug,

to make it short:

1) No, you will have to replace the whole tonearm

2) So I would call that tonearm

3) That is possible, you can use the 1800, 2000 and 5000 for sure, because they are all together in one service manual

Chris

Søren Mexico
Top 10 Contributor
Mexico City
6,290 Posts
Gold Member

ProGram:

Hi Doug,

to make it short:

1) No, you will have to replace the whole tonearm

2) So I would call that tonearm

3) That is possible, you can use the 1800, 2000 and 5000 for sure, because they are all together in one service manual

Chris

As Chris says, the whole tonearm, Check Ebay they come up there once in a while

Collecting Vintage B&O is not a hobby, its a lifestyle.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL