rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 68 Replies | 3 Followers

kimhav
Top 500 Contributor
Malmo, Sweden
240 Posts
Gold Member
kimhav posted on Wed, Jan 4 2017 11:00 AM

If You are making use of Twonky Server from the QNAP App Center on their NAS then beware of that they have dropped the support for Twonky Server in the current beta v4.3.x and moving forward. Quoting a brief response that I got from the QNAP support after that I realized that Twonky isn't no longer combatible with the current beta:

"After 4.3.x, Twonky service is not available on NAS system. For DLNA service, we will suggest please apply the built-in DLNA service and install media streaming add-on app on App center for advanced management too."

Depending on what QNAP NAS you have, you can quickly overcome this issue by making use of the ContainerStation and run a dedicated Twonky Server to support the BeoSound Moment. The container solution dosn't add any significant overhead compared using the twonky server from the app center.

All Replies

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
98 Posts
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 5:15 PM
Do you know if the qnap built in dlna server works with the moment?

Is twonky available on synology NAS?

Has someone any feedback about moment working with synology NAS?

Thanks
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,593 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 5:28 PM
I have Synology NAS and recently skipped using Twonky over my iMac.

Now I only use Synology Media Manager.

Works really well with Moment, actually.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
98 Posts
Bronze Member
dueno replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 5:43 PM
And for the playlist you have no problem?
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,593 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 7:28 PM

dueno:
And for the playlist you have no problem?

I´m not using playlists, unfortunately.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
337 Posts
Bronze Member
Flere replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:06 PM
Hiort:

I have Synology NAS and recently skipped using Twonky over my iMac.

Now I only use Synology Media Manager.

Works really well with Moment, actually.

In the past the search and index did not work with Synology via the Essence and BeoMusic app. Does this work now with the Moment and Synology?

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,593 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 9:23 PM
Flere:

In the past the search and index did not work with Synology via the Essence and BeoMusic app. Does this work now with the Moment and Synology?

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

Yes it does.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,593 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Jan 5 2017 8:40 AM

These are the settings i used:

In the Media Server, under General Settings, set the DMA menu style to "Advanced Style"

(Before I did that change, the Moment displayed the music file extension (e.g FLAC))

Also, make sure that Media Indexing in the Control Panel is set to index the folder where you keep all your music files.

It works fine to search for e.g an artist in the Beomusic app to play it on the Moment.

Justin
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
32 Posts
Bronze Member
Anyone confirmed the compatibility of the internal DLNA service and the moment on the Qnap?

Too bad as my Twonky via Qnap is working flawless.
Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:55 PM

This is terrible news! LOL I just purchased a QNAP NAS and have been incredibly happy with Twonky on it. I'll have to look into the containerstation workaround. Or just not update the OS on the QNAP. 

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 4:59 PM

kimhav:

If You are making use of Twonky Server from the QNAP App Center on their NAS then beware of that they have dropped the support for Twonky Server in the current beta v4.3.x and moving forward. Quoting a brief response that I got from the QNAP support after that I realized that Twonky isn't no longer combatible with the current beta:

"After 4.3.x, Twonky service is not available on NAS system. For DLNA service, we will suggest please apply the built-in DLNA service and install media streaming add-on app on App center for advanced management too."

Depending on what QNAP NAS you have, you can quickly overcome this issue by making use of the ContainerStation and run a dedicated Twonky Server to support the BeoSound Moment. The container solution dosn't add any significant overhead compared using the twonky server from the app center.

Is there a step by step guide to using Container Station to run Twonky? I have an Essence, and a QNAP TS451+

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,716 Posts
Gold Member

Sal:
This is terrible news!

Maybe the QNAP DLNA will do the job, similarly to the Synology DLNA that seems to behave better now then two years ago, thanks to updates from each vendors I guess.

I'll try the QNAP one before attempting the ContainerStation and acquiring Twonky server.

BS Moment, BS Core, BG 4002, BC 4500, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 5:35 PM

mbolo01:

Sal:
This is terrible news!

Maybe the QNAP DLNA will do the job, similarly to the Synology DLNA that seems to behave better now then two years ago, thanks to updates from each vendors I guess.

I'll try the QNAP one before attempting the ContainerStation and acquiring Twonky server.

That's my homework for this week to turn off Twonky and see how the Essence handles QNAP's own MusicStation pointed to the folder in which the Twonky music is housed currently! Maybe it has more functionality or customizability than Twonky. Hopefully the folks at B&O are watching the space, and make robust hooks for standard DLNA implementation to accommodate a variety of software through BeoMusic. Plex, Twonky, XBMC, and a myriad of other freeware software all are great on their own, but may have less than adequate results in the B&O ecosystem.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 12:48 AM

So I just enabled the QNAP DLNA app and pointed to the music folder. I can't see the Server name in the source list in Beomusic. I have Twonky running as well. Can both be run at the same time? Is that the issue?

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 12:57 AM

I can confirm that the QNAP sees the Beosound Essence, Beosound A6, as well as my BV11 in the devices list o the scanned media receivers, but Beomusic doesn't show the renamed "QNAPServer" in the source list. Damnit B&O!

Page 1 of 5 (69 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL