Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoSound Essence MKII - Bluetooth pairing to remote is lost

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 50 Replies | 3 Followers

Flere
Top 200 Contributor
Netherlands
326 Posts
Gold Member
Flere posted on Tue, Jan 3 2017 6:38 PM

Now it turns out that even the BeoSound Essence 2 is suffering from B&O software problems.

I have a BeoSound Essence 2 which is paired to a Essence remote (wheely).

Every few days suddenly the Essence does not respond anymore to the remote.

In the set-up app it still says the remote is paired.

The only remedy is to de-pair, then power cycle the Essence, then pair again.

Problem has been acknowledged by BeoCare. 

Yet another software problem which takes ages to solve and totally destroys the value of the system.

- Flere

smile and enjoy the moment

All Replies

jans
Top 200 Contributor
Belgium
383 Posts
Bronze Member
jans replied on Tue, Sep 26 2017 8:21 AM

Has there been an Essence sofware update recently? What is the version number? 

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,687 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Sep 26 2017 9:20 PM

@Jans : no, there hasn't been any software update for quite some time now, it seems that the update people are speaking about here is kind of "private" or "beta" and only pushed to people asking for help (but maybe not for everybody sending complaints...)

I hope that this update will be spread to everybody if it's not breaking any other working function!

Michael
Not Ranked
Los Angeles
57 Posts
Bronze Member

Update: Since upgrading to firmware 1.15.16925, my BeoSound 35 finally works with bluetooth and doesn't drop off. It's been almost a year since my BeoSound would reliably work with my essence remote via BT. I'm considering turning off auto update at this point.

mbee
Top 50 Contributor
Paris, France
1,687 Posts
Bronze Member
mbee replied on Tue, Nov 7 2017 10:00 PM

@Michael : if I understand correctly, B&O have pushed the 1.15 firmware since a year to your Beosound? Because I got it some weeks ago, and it was only available as a general release since last week... that would have been an astonishingly long beta testing delay for such a firmware!

Michael
Not Ranked
Los Angeles
57 Posts
Bronze Member

@mbee: I just received the 1.15 firmware update in the past week or so on BeoSound 35. Prior to that, bluetooth was not working properly.

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sun, Nov 12 2017 10:44 AM

This firmware update 1.15.16925.171725676 for the BS35 is dated 5th November.

But since then, my BS35 is no more visible from Google Home nor any Chromecast friendly apps !?! (and the built-in Chromecast is activated without the possibility to change it)

Edit: ok, after a stop/start, it's back.

Page 4 of 4 (51 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL