rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member
Beo_Vision posted on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:15 PM

Hi Guys

We have a BeoVision 7 MK2 which has only one DVI input connected to a SKY HD box via a DVI to HDMI cable and a scart for teh audio. The issue i have is that i would like to connect up either an Apple TV or alternate HD box.

Is there a device available  (B&O or third party) that will allow me to connect multiple HD boxes to the TV?

All Replies

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 7:28 AM

Beo_Vision:

Is there a device available  (B&O or third party) that will allow me to connect multiple HD boxes to the TV?

It depends on the software level of your BV7. If it's 7.94 and upwards you get the ability to use the HDMI expander function, which let's you assign HDMI-1/2/3/4 to the DVI port. Now you can use either a Gefen HDMI expander (the most expensive solution) or a simple HDMI switcher like this with automatic switching function between the HDMI inputs.

On lower software levels than 7.94 you only have the possibilty to connect a hd box via YPBPR connection and an apple tv via DVI.

Updating the software will be around 100-300€ depending on your B&O dealer.

Martin

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 7:30 AM

Oh, welcome to Beoworld Beo_Vision Smile

BeoSound 9000 MK3, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 3500, LCS9000, BeoLab 11, BeoLab 7.2, BeoLab 7.1, Beolab 4 PC, BeoCenter 2300, BeoSound Century, BeoSound 8, Beosound 2, BeoVision 7-40 MK2 , BeoVision 7-32 MK3, BeoVision 6-22, BeoVision 4-42, BeoMedia 1, BeoCom 4, BeoLink 1000, BeoLink 5, BeoLink 4 & BeoTime

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
You can hdmi->dvi+rca converter.

And connect a hdmi expander before the converter.
Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Guys, how do i check which version of the software we are running?

BeoIce
Top 150 Contributor
Recklinghausen, Germany
750 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoIce replied on Thu, Dec 29 2016 7:30 PM

On your remote press MENU 0 0 GO then Monitor Information.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
991 Posts
Bronze Member

http://www.hdfury2.eu/hdfury-2.html

would this work to the component inputs?

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

I checked today and the panel is running 7.84, obviously I want the best possible solution that will give me the most options and flexibility. Do you recommend I get the software updated and then purchase an expander? Are there anyone benefits going with gefen expander instead of a basic hdmi switcher?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,092 Posts
Bronze Member
The gefen switch can be controlled via puc with beo4.

I did it with mine when I had it, and it was a lot of money out the window just to be able to use the remote.

How many hdmi sources are you connecting?

Get a switch with auto-switch.
Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

At the minute 3, out if interest how much is the gefen ?

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

If I go for an hdmi switch how will the sound be transferred to the tv as currently I have a scart connected to my sky box for audio but with Apple TV the only option is hdmi. 

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Will I also require a software update to use the hdmi switch?

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry for all the questions guys, if I wanted to only connect two HD devices then could I use the bellow convertor for my sky box and would I still be able to view video @ 1080??

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/rgb-and-stereo-phono-audio-to-hdmi-converter-n51qk

I could then connect the Apple TV via hdmi>dvi as mentioned above, only thing is im not sure how I would hear the audio?

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry for all the questions guys, if I wanted to only connect two HD devices then could I use the bellow convertor for my sky box and would I still be able to view video @ 1080??

https://www.hdfury.eu/en/home/6-gamer2-component.html

I could then connect the Apple TV via hdmi>dvi as mentioned above, only thing is im not sure how I would hear the audio?

Beo_Vision
Not Ranked
19 Posts
Bronze Member

Any thoughts Guys??

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL