rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 6 verified answers | 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member
Lennart Hildeman posted on Sun, Dec 25 2016 8:11 PM

I am getting a used 4 or 7, and it has to be connectable to HDMI, but I cannot figure out which one has that. Has anyone got an idea? Trying to read the reference books, but neither seems to have that. I have the Beocontrols 1000 and 7000, and of course I want to integrate it with Apple.

Sincerely

Carl Hildeman

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Lennart Hildeman

For both of these, some have HDMI connectivity, some do not...

The BeoVision 4 I believe was originally driven by either the BeoSystem 1 in the US or the BeoSystem 2 in Europe, neither of which have HDMI. Later versions used the BeoSystem 3 which does.

Likewise, early versions of the BeoVision 7 were not HD Ready, subsequent models had an HD ready scaler module which could be used through the DVI port, and the later models had HDMI sockets - which screen size BV7 are you considering?

Martin.

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

So, are you saying there be any chance of setting up a stable connection, fixing a system to integrate my Beomaster 6500 and a computer?

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member

The BM6500 doesn't have masterlink, but you can use a beolink converter 1611 to connect it to masterlink system (these converters are pretty cheap on ebay etc).

What do you need the HDMI port for? is it for a set top box or to connect a computer? All of the BV7-32 models have a DVI socket, but only later ones supported HDCP and can therefore be classed as HD Ready. If you just want to connect a PC then this might not be an issue - just be aware that the panel in the 7-32 is 1366x768 so is a little limited in resolution compared to a modern computer monitor.

Kind regards,

Martin.

All Replies

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member

For both of these, some have HDMI connectivity, some do not...

The BeoVision 4 I believe was originally driven by either the BeoSystem 1 in the US or the BeoSystem 2 in Europe, neither of which have HDMI. Later versions used the BeoSystem 3 which does.

Likewise, early versions of the BeoVision 7 were not HD Ready, subsequent models had an HD ready scaler module which could be used through the DVI port, and the later models had HDMI sockets - which screen size BV7 are you considering?

Martin.

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

32'

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

So, are you saying there be any chance of setting up a stable connection, fixing a system to integrate my Beomaster 6500 and a computer?

Lennart Hildeman
Not Ranked
Scania
67 Posts
Silver Member

waitwaitwait; is the Masterlink compatible with the Beomater 6500? Just thinking with my digits here...

riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
Exeter, Devon, UK
903 Posts
Bronze Member

The BM6500 doesn't have masterlink, but you can use a beolink converter 1611 to connect it to masterlink system (these converters are pretty cheap on ebay etc).

What do you need the HDMI port for? is it for a set top box or to connect a computer? All of the BV7-32 models have a DVI socket, but only later ones supported HDCP and can therefore be classed as HD Ready. If you just want to connect a PC then this might not be an issue - just be aware that the panel in the 7-32 is 1366x768 so is a little limited in resolution compared to a modern computer monitor.

Kind regards,

Martin.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL