Posts 2,946
Bronze Member

Correct, it's the BV14-40

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
Posts 1,701
Bronze Member

Finally got an LG OLED 55” to replace my Samsung on the custom Beoviosion 7 stand Big Smile
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 2,946
Bronze Member
leosgonewild:

Finally got an LG OLED 55” to replace my Samsung on the custom Beoviosion 7 stand

Looks marvellous 👍🏻
jkhamler
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 280
Bronze Member
jkhamler replied on Fri, Oct 12 2018 1:47 PM

A little peak of my setup which has been slowly refined over the years. I've only recently moved in so I've yet to sort the cables (or even finish hanging the pictures), but you get the idea.

Sony A1 OLED which is simply unbelievable - picture and sound.

I picked up the BL9s last week for around 1700 GBP. 5 years old, mint condition - one owner who seemingly had never even used them.

I've grown to love the LC2. Hooked up to a Viabizzuno halogen light.

StephenJCW
Not Ranked
Melbourne AU
Posts 3
Gold Member
Snap!!

So what is the probability of two Beovision 14 - 40s being installed in Melbourne on the same week? Hard to tell, but is yours with the Parisian Midnight Blue front cover?

This ours, replacing a Beocenter 1 that was getting on to 17 years old. The Beolab 6000s are also 17 years old, but have found some new vigor since the upgrade. We can hear things (good things) that we couldn’t hear with the exact same music and videos on the exact same speakers on the Beocenter 1.

A new generation teaching old generation speakers some new tricks.

Our living room is 4m wide. So of course we need two remotes for when we are sitting in different areas.

The Beocenter 1 had served us well. But 17 years was getting very limited in a UHD world.

lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 649
Gold Member
lausvi replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 6:31 AM

Is that an AppleTV connected to the BC1? What did you use to convert from HDMI to connect to it? How was the picture quality?

StephenJCW
Not Ranked
Melbourne AU
Posts 3
Gold Member

Well spotted! Indeed it was an AppleTV on the BC1. It really prolonged our use of the BC1.

I used a combination of a:

• HDMI to composite video converter - roughly the same size as the Apple TV 
  • A composite video to scart cable to connect the converter output into the BC1.

Image quality was excellent, so long as you are happy with Standard Definition and a black bar at the bottom (being 16:9 format). I did find that the quality of the HDMI converter did matter - some have less contrast than others. I used this model: https://www.svideo.com/hdmi2video.html

You change the source on the BC1 to V.Aux for the 2nd Scart connection - previously we had the B&O VHS recorder connected there (back when VHS was a thing).

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,982
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 1:38 PM
StephenJCW:

Snap!!

Nice upgrade Stephen.
lausvi
Top 150 Contributor
Helsinki - Finland
Posts 649
Gold Member
lausvi replied on Mon, Oct 15 2018 3:14 PM

StephenJCW:

Well spotted! Indeed it was an AppleTV on the BC1. It really prolonged our use of the BC1.

Image quality was excellent, so long as you are happy with Standard Definition and a black bar at the bottom (being 16:9 format). I did find that the quality of the HDMI converter did matter - some have less contrast than others. I used this model: https://www.svideo.com/hdmi2video.html

Thanks!

I have been thinking getting something like this for my Beovision 3-32 - still a lovely TV with great sound (and 16:9). Having an AppleTV would greatly increase it's usability.

Might get one now hearing your positive review (most I've read have been very negative about HDMI-composite -adapters). The one you linked also has s-video, which should be much better (over composite), have you tried that?

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 2,946
Bronze Member
Hi SteveJCW

Very good both TVs being set up in the same week. Woohoo.

Mine is with the black cover. But I’ll most likely change this in time. I’d like white and beige and perhaps the dark green.

With the A9 I have all of the covers. Big Smile
Page 122 of 122 (4851 items) « First ... < Previous 118 119 120 121 122 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL