rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 4 Followers

dueno
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 98
Bronze Member
dueno Posted: Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:29 AM
Which one as the better sound quality?

Is there still drop out problem with the bluetooth on the H9?
riverstyx
Top 100 Contributor
SouthWest UK
Posts 932
Bronze Member
riverstyx replied on Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:25 PM

The two do sound different, but 'best' is probably a matter of personal taste. The H9 sound closer to the H6 v2 than the H6 v1.

You also have the option of adjusting the sound to your preference using the BeoPlay app when using the H9...

I haven't experienced any dropout issues with the H9, but nor have I experienced any with my H8 since the original pair were replaced.

Martin.

John
Top 200 Contributor
Australia
Posts 321
Bronze Member
John replied on Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:32 PM

riverstyx:

The two do sound different, but 'best' is probably a matter of personal taste. The H9 sound closer to the H6 v2 than the H6 v1.

You also have the option of adjusting the sound to your preference using the BeoPlay app when using the H9...

I haven't experienced any dropout issues with the H9, but nor have I experienced any with my H8 since the original pair were replaced.

Martin.

Interesting to hear, as both these phones would be the ones in B&O's current range that would interest me the most.

Whilst I love convenience, and comfort, the best, as in most natural and authentic sound reproduction would be my rationale for choosing one over the other. 

Out of curiosity, if using the H9 wired i.e. no bluetooth, v's the H6 Mk11 wired, is there any noticeable difference in sound once the bluetooth compression algorithm factor has been taken out of the sonic equation?

Many thanks

John.. :-)

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,074
Bronze Member
Tried the H9's today. One thing I noticed was that the sound does not change much when turning ANC on or off.

BUT I didn't really notice any noice cancellation. There was music playing from an A9 in the store (medium sound level), and I didn't notice any difference turning ANC on and off.

Will see if I can try them again and have a walk around in the mall to test the ANC.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,425
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:27 AM
leosgonewild:

Tried the H9's today. One thing I noticed was that the sound does not change much when turning ANC on or off.

BUT I didn't really notice any noice cancellation. There was music playing from an A9 in the store (medium sound level), and I didn't notice any difference turning ANC on and off.

Will see if I can try them again and have a walk around in the mall to test the ANC.

They aren't supposed to filter regular sounds out. Just engine sounds and such.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,074
Bronze Member
Ahh, OK. I'm just used to the H8's. Guess they are just tighter then.
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,513
Gold Member
TWG replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 10:04 AM

ANC should lower the noise of your complete surrounding, except voices even if you are not on a plane, train etc....

Check working noise canceling headphones from Sony and Bose to hear the difference.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,661
Bronze Member
Puncher replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:11 AM

From what I have read I have deduced that the default bass on the H9s has a definite lift. I am assuming that thw EQ facilities of the Beoplay App only apply to a Bluetooth stream and not from a "wire input" signal, similar to my S3. I have also read that the ANC is nowhere near the Sonys or the Bose.

My conclusion from the above is that they do not suit my requirments as my most likely use would be for long haul flights where I would probably use them with the inflight entertainment system, I.e. wired (and therefore have to suffer a bass boost I don't want) and the ANC (which I do want) is substandard compared to the best in class (which are substantially less expensive).

If any of my deductions regarding the H9 are incorrect I'd be please to hear about it.

Ban boring signatures!

Henrik
Top 500 Contributor
Norway
Posts 165
Bronze Member
Henrik replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 12:49 PM

The first test I've seen so far:

http://www.tek.no/artikler/samletest-bose-er-ikke-lenger-kongen-pa-haugen/364078

-h.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL