Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Is there a way to automatically group speakers?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 1 Follower

dasun
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
dasun posted on Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:09 PM

Hi all,

from a multiroom standpoint: is there a way to automatically group speakers in a multiroom setup? When I start playing on one device, I can add speakers via Beoplay. But I would love to automatically add all speakers when I start using one speaker. Is there a way to do that? 

Example: I listen to music in the bedroom. As soon as the music starts, I want all other speakers to play the same music as well. Sonos has a similar feature that is called 'grouping' speakers.

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,588 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:09 AM

dasun:

Hi all,

from a multiroom standpoint: is there a way to automatically group speakers in a multiroom setup? When I start playing on one device, I can add speakers via Beoplay. But I would love to automatically add all speakers when I start using one speaker. Is there a way to do that? 

Example: I listen to music in the bedroom. As soon as the music starts, I want all other speakers to play the same music as well. Sonos has a similar feature that is called 'grouping' speakers.

Please let us know more details about your setup, to understand your need.

From the Beomusic app you can activate the various linkdevices. But there is not one "button" you can press in order to activate a certain sound scene.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

dasun
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
dasun replied on Fri, Dec 16 2016 8:15 AM

My current setup is as follows:

Bedroom: V1 integrated setup with Beosound Essence (works as an alarm in the morning)

Bathroom: Beoplay A6

Hallway: Beosound 1

Living Room: Beosystem 4 with Beolab 20s, integrated setup with a Beosound Moment

Kitchen: Beovision 11

I wake up in the morning with the V1 playing radio through the Essence. I also want the A6 in the bathroom, Beosound 1 and the Beovision 11  to start simultaneously to play music. Right now, after getting up, I have to manually start the other speakers in the setup.

Different question: some devices start with a very loud volume. How can I set the volume lower, especially with the Beovision 11?

Thanks in advance!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,588 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Dec 19 2016 9:14 AM

dasun:

I wake up in the morning with the V1 playing radio through the Essence. I also want the A6 in the bathroom, Beosound 1 and the Beovision 11  to start simultaneously to play music. Right now, after getting up, I have to manually start the other speakers in the setup.

You can only do that in the multiroom screen on the Beomusic app, and you need to click the "+" on the different devices you can see on the screen.

I think you need a Beolink Gateway to get the usecase covered the way you want. Then you can select e.g. "Morning" on the remote and a predefined scheme for what units shall play can be activated.

dasun:

Different question: some devices start with a very loud volume. How can I set the volume lower, especially with the Beovision 11?

In the "Sound" settings in the Beovision 11, you can specify the volume to be used at startup. Remember to save settings once you have done the change. 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,533 Posts
Bronze Member

I suppose the only way you could get the A6 and the BS1 to also play the same source is via a workaround

In the beosetup app why don't you apply a timer to both of these products - if your TV and essence is playing one source and when you turn the others on they join the ongoing music experience

When you leave the house just long press the BS1 and they will all turn off. 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,588 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Thu, Dec 22 2016 5:58 PM
Aussie Michael:

I suppose the only way you could get the A6 and the BS1 to also play the same source is via a workaround

In the beosetup app why don't you apply a timer to both of these products - if your TV and essence is playing one source and when you turn the others on they join the ongoing music experience

When you leave the house just long press the BS1 and they will all turn off.

I think you only can set the unit to start with TuneIn. Not only switch on.

dasun
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
dasun replied on Fri, Dec 23 2016 8:16 AM

Hiort:

In the "Sound" settings in the Beovision 11, you can specify the volume to be used at startup. Remember to save settings once you have done the change. 

hmm, I don't seem to find that setting. In the sound settings I only have the option to adjust the current volume and the maximum volume (as well as bass and treble). Or do I need to enter a different settings menu?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,588 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Dec 23 2016 10:49 PM
dasun:

hmm, I don't seem to find that setting. In the sound settings I only have the option to adjust the current volume and the maximum volume (as well as bass and treble). Or do I need to enter a different settings menu?

You are in the right menu.

Just set the volume to the level you want at power up, and press middle button to save.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL