Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
286 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,296 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Toronto
40 Posts
Bronze Member

I'm a bit puzzled that there continues to be no in-app equalization for this device (aside from the wall/corner switch). The bass really is too strong - I hope B&O reads these forums!

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
51 Posts
Bronze Member

I have   pair an Essence remote to  my Beoplay M5.

It works like clockwork. I am really pleased  SmileBig SmileSmile

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,296 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 5 2017 1:21 PM

talisman:

How do you switch source on an Essence remote?

Double tap somewhere?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

talisman
Not Ranked
Sweden
51 Posts
Bronze Member

One klick on the upper part att the filled dot, 12.00 o clock switch source on. A new click 12.00 clock change source. Smile

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,296 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 5 2017 9:33 PM
talisman:

One klick on the upper part att the filled dot, 12.00 o clock switch source on. A new click 12.00 clock change source.

Thanks!

A bit confusing that A6 require single tap, M5 double "tap" as well as BS 1.

And essence remote single "tap"

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:13 AM

talisman:

That very good news, it was on my wishlist.

Now tone controls, to get rid of that booming bass at low volume's.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
474 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 10:13 PM
daneshpastry:

I'm a bit puzzled that there continues to be no in-app equalization for this device (aside from the wall/corner switch). The bass really is too strong - I hope B&O reads these forums!

Where can I find the wall/corner switch on the M5?

I cant't find this setting in the BeoMusic app (product settings) or in the BeoSetup app.

Please help me.

Edit: solved. Found it in the BeoPlay app

There are too many apps around now to control the different devices. Just make one dedicated app B&O.

That's why I ordered today a BLGW to make it easier for me. All in one system for my lights (KNX), thermostat and audio/video. Perhaps later this year some blinds. Big Smile
egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
302 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:19 PM

it's in the BeoPlay app, BeoHut.

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
474 Posts
Bronze Member
BeoHut replied on Thu, Apr 6 2017 11:23 PM
egges:

it's in the BeoPlay app, BeoHut.

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (3rd. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

Found it in the meantime. Just edited my post. Now on the way to a BLGWSmile. Coffee ready in the morning too. Looking forward to it.
schultwf
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

this is my first B&O product ever  and I have to say upon receiving it yesterday I have been underwhelmed.  I find this sound of the M5 to be very flat and almost muddy out of the box.  you may have already tried this, but utilizing your Spotify equalizer is one way to immediately lower the bass  and for my preferences, increasing the highs. 

I was definitely frustrated that there were no total controls on downloading the app yesterday, and I must say that the set up complaints that many others have had weee true for me as well ( it read that the update had failed multiple times) 

I ultimately decided to choose the M5 after being able to sample the Sonos 5 in store and feeling these exact feelings about it;  it sounded flat.   The Zeppelin that I sampled it sounded absolutely incredible but I hate the design. The reviews  that I have read to date have been extremely positive, so I am holding out hope that tinkering with the set up and the placement of the speaker today will produce some different results, but I must say it is very disappointing to feel underwhelmed upon purchase of a $600 speaker.  clearly, the tonal adjustments within the app need to be expedited immediately to allow us to push down the bass response, and be able to adjust the equalizer. as it stands, even the A2  I sampled at the Apple store sounded better at the moment  😔

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,296 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 3:26 PM
schultwf:

this is my first B&O product ever and I have to say upon receiving it yesterday I have been underwhelmed. I find this sound of the M5 to be very flat and almost muddy out of the box. you may have already tried this, but utilizing your Spotify equalizer is one way to immediately lower the bass and for my preferences, increasing the highs.

I was definitely frustrated that there were no total controls on downloading the app yesterday, and I must say that the set up complaints that many others have had weee true for me as well ( it read that the update had failed multiple times)

I ultimately decided to choose the M5 after being able to sample the Sonos 5 in store and feeling these exact feelings about it; it sounded flat. The Zeppelin that I sampled it sounded absolutely incredible but I hate the design. The reviews that I have read to date have been extremely positive, so I am holding out hope that tinkering with the set up and the placement of the speaker today will produce some different results, but I must say it is very disappointing to feel underwhelmed upon purchase of a $600 speaker. clearly, the tonal adjustments within the app need to be expedited immediately to allow us to push down the bass response, and be able to adjust the equalizer. as it stands, even the A2 I sampled at the Apple store sounded better at the moment 😔

Agree that the bass is the weak spot.

Have you adjusted the placement options in the Beoplay app?

Setting it for corner position takes down the bass a bit.

schultwf
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member

Indeed - my ears couldn't detect any significant differences in the overall sound quality for open vs. wall vs. corner, but I did detect the bass decrease.  

I'm certainly going to give the M5 a proper test run, just wish that I didn't have the deflated feeling upon the first test :-)

Does anyone have any experience in with the cross-shop options (Sonos Play 5 or other options?).  I realize of course this is a B&O forum, but just curious if we can all be objective about the other options in this space (i.e., the $500 - $1,000 standalone multi-room / bluetooth speaker market).

I don't consider myself an audiophile, but at the moment, my Vizio Soundbar which was $250 quite frankly has a richness and highs that quite frankly sound much more pleasing to my subjective ears (I tend to be a high treble, low mid, medium base EQ guy) than the M5.  Jacking up the high frequency on Spotify helped but I believe that it's "cleaner" to have your apps play through clean (no EQ adjustment) while having your speaker make the EQ adjustments (thus my desire to quickly have some sort of tonal adjustment through the Beo app)...any luck with reaching out to the app creators on this kinda stuff?!

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,417 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 4:04 PM

i think many of the B&O one point speakers are thought to be bass heavy to varying degrees.......the new BeoLit 17 is similar i believe, so this may be common to the BeoPlay speakers, especially the newer ones (guess that's what the market wants?)........their BeoLab active left / right speakers don't have this characteristic, they are much more balanced, and generally fabulous .........anyway, that seems to be the feeling i read on this forum..........that said, the A9 and the newer BeoSound 2, both of which i have are not too strong on bass, though more expensive........

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,205 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 5:25 PM
schultwf:

Indeed - my ears couldn't detect any significant differences in the overall sound quality for open vs. wall vs. corner, but I did detect the bass decrease.

My understanding is that it is only meant to adjust the bass.
Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Apr 18 2017 6:59 PM

Duels:
My understanding is that it is only meant to adjust the bass.

That is correct.

Let us wait and see for sound settings, don't forget they brought back the possibility to pair a Essence remote in the March update.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 21 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL