Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
615 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
322 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Mar 9 2017 8:17 PM

chguillarme:

Since a few days it begins to make bad cracks on each bass like if it was used full power foreurs since 5 years !

That's not a good sigb if it even can't endorse its default bass settings !

Christophe

Does it stand on a firm underground?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 12:12 PM

Took the plunge and added a M5 to my setup.

Use it on my bedside table. No other multiroom capable B& device matched the interior in the bedroom. Smile

Sound is good for the TuneIN and NAS music collection I mostly play. Have it set as "corner position"  to have the bass reduced a bit. Will try timer and wakeup to some music in the weekend Stick out tongue

Control require some practice. E.g double "tap" to switch source, but I´m sure I will get used to it.

/C

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 12:37 PM

Hiort:

Took the plunge and added a M5 to my setup.

Have it set as "corner position"  to have the bass reduced a bit. Will try timer and wakeup to some music in the weekend Stick out tongue

/C

Carefull with the wake-up volume, or you wake up in a "trampoline" Big Smile

Welcome to the owners family.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 1:51 PM
Chris:

Carefull with the wake-up volume, or you wake up in a "trampoline"

Welcome to the owners family.

Thanks for the advise Smile

Do I set a specific wakeup volume?

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 1:59 PM

Depends on how high you want to jump up and down. LaughingLaughing

No serious, I found it a wonderful speaker,, what colour did you buy? I have the natural.

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 2:05 PM

it will take your standard sound-level, hiort

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 2:54 PM

Chris:

No serious, I found it a wonderful speaker,, what colour did you buy? I have the natural.

Smile  Got the "black". Fits well with the bedroom interior.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
1,011 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 3:13 PM

Hiort:

Chris:

Smile  Got the "black". Fits well with the bedroom interior.

Just borrowed one from my dealer, just to check it out and see how it performs. It is for my bedroom. I must say, it sounds great, however I really really really would like to be able to change treble/bass manually, it has way to much bass, even in the corner mode.

And one thing, is it not possible to change the sound setting after it has been set up ? It is just greyed out in my beoplay app.

/Weebyx

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Mar 10 2017 3:44 PM
I heard that M5 eventually will get the same sound mood settings as Beolit 17.

chguillarme
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes :( Maybe a bad product. It happens sometimes. Not a big issue I will bring it back but if someone from B&O reads this thread : please, let us lower the bass....

Beolab 1, Beovision 7-32, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, Beoplay A6 Grey, Beoplay A6 Black, Beolit 15, Beoplay H7, Beosound Essence mkII waiting for speakers :)

chguillarme
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes :( Maybe a bad product. It happens sometimes. Not a big issue I will bring it back but if someone from B&O reads this thread : please, let us lower the bass....

Beolab 1, Beovision 7-32, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, Beoplay A6 Grey, Beoplay A6 Black, Beolit 15, Beoplay H7, Beosound Essence mkII waiting for speakers :)

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Mar 21 2017 2:57 PM

Still on the lookout, and hopefully for the next SW update:

First priority: Would be very happy if I could pair the Essence remote again with the M5...

Second priority: Sound settings...

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
188 Posts
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Tue, Mar 21 2017 3:35 PM

Alexa could connect to the M5.

Since my BS 9000 is connected with a BLGW to NL i can control music with Alexa in my main room. 

On my my last party it was impressing all the guests :-)

Ralf

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Apr 3 2017 11:25 AM

Chris:
First priority: Would be very happy if I could pair the Essence remote again with the M5...

After the end of March SW update, it looks B&O added again the possibility to pair a remote.

But as the app says its experimental:

"Please be aware that the remote support is currently experimental and you may experience issues especially in environments with lots of wireless systems and wireless alarms. If you experience issues you may need to reboot your product."

Anyone have tried to pair an Essence remote?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,358 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Apr 3 2017 1:22 PM

Chris:

Chris:

After the end of March SW update, it looks B&O added again the possibility to pair a remote.

But as the app says its experimental:

"Please be aware that the remote support is currently experimental and you may experience issues especially in environments with lots of wireless systems and wireless alarms. If you experience issues you may need to reboot your product."

Anyone have tried to pair an Essence remote?

Would be nice to add an Essence remote. I find it a bit fiddly to e.g "double tap" , and also switching  on and of laying in bed Smile

Page 20 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL