Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,318 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Mogelmose
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member

mbolo01:
Today's M5 (and A6, Essence and other) update should fix my issues according to BeoCare. I'll update you tomorrow.

I am very happy with my M5, a bit bassy. There is basic EQ settings in the Beosetup app. Haven't played with them yet.
I had a major concern:
When i tapedp the M5 from standby i would expect it to start again from last soruce. Eg. Tunein. The same behaviour like i get from my A6. But it doens't. When i tap it it goes into bluetooth which i haven't ever used with the M5 and i couldn't find a way to change that.
Deep in the beosetup app under sources > sources i found the ability to prioritize and enable / disable sources.
I put Tunein on top and now it behaves as expected.
When i wake up in the morning i tap it and it starts playing my favourite radiostation through Tunein which is #1 on the priority list.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,066 Posts
Gold Member

Latest update fixed my issues, one tap goes now to my first Local List entry and the led stops flashing red when network is back. All in order

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, Beogram 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

2m
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
2m replied on Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:39 PM

Did it also fix the BT connectivity with the Essence remote?

also, what about the bass?

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,066 Posts
Gold Member
Can't tell you about the Essence connectivity and the Tone Control is not included in this update unfortunately

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, Beogram 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

2m
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
2m replied on Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:53 PM

Ok - thanks anyway!

Anyone tried the Essence remote with M5 and the SW update?

Luke
Top 500 Contributor
Basel, Switzerland
86 Posts
Bronze Member
Luke replied on Thu, Mar 2 2017 8:18 AM

Bought two of these for home, not really happy with the sound. They're very bassy but not really in a good way. Apparently a software update is coming to fix this.... 

Mogelmose
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member

mbolo01:
Can't tell you about the Essence connectivity and the Tone Control is not included in this update unfortunately

Isn't it possible to adjust basic Treble and Bass through the Beosetup app? Or am mixing it with another product in the app?

John
Not Ranked
Manchester
14 Posts
Bronze Member
John replied on Tue, Mar 7 2017 9:10 PM

daneshpastry:

"Hello John from Bang & Olufsen in Manchester" are sweet, sweet words to my ears. Love his videos. Nice to see how the cover is removed....Looking forward to seeing some interesting colour options in the future. 

I wasn't head-over-heels for the A1 or A2....But my standards were quite high at this price points. My A1 however, is my pride and joy. 

Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Hello there. I've just joined BeoWorld and it made me smile that people were discussing my channel. I hope you like your new M5. John (B&O Manchester) 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member

About time......

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
186 Posts
Bronze Member
Ralf replied on Wed, Mar 8 2017 4:10 PM

Latest firmware: no bass or treble adjustment like the A6 has.

No remote control connection possible neither essence or remote One BT

The Beoplay App (iOS) has the stand setup (corner,free,wall) which changes minor bass setting , but not as expected.

My dealer told me that bass adjustment should come with one of the next updates.(When????? I need it, the toaster in the kitchen  walks like an egyptian)

There is an undocumented feature:

Pressing down and turning left or right the button will  change the station / title,so you need not have to use the app.

Ralf

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,318 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Mar 8 2017 5:06 PM

Ralf:

My dealer told me that bass adjustment should come with one of the next updates.(When????? I need it, the toaster in the kitchen  walks like an egyptian)

That will come, but it will be like the settings Beolit 17 has, where you can choose different "styles".

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,593 Posts
Bronze Member

Ralf:

Latest firmware: no bass or treble adjustment like the A6 has.

No remote control connection possible neither essence or remote One BT

The Beoplay App (iOS) has the stand setup (corner,free,wall) which changes minor bass setting , but not as expected.

Ralf

Why do they insist on selling these things with such a ridiculous bass heavy "default"?? Its so infuriating. The S3 is the same - it's great that you can alter the EQ by selecting different "moods" using the App but these only apply to digital, i.e. Bluetooth streams - the Line Input is left with the unalterable default setting and is therefore all but useless as a feature.

Surely a neutral default would allow all to use the device in all its modes and the cloth-eared could still annoy the neighbours with the "Citroen C3" Mood by using the App!!

Ban boring signatures!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,066 Posts
Gold Member

Ralf:

Pressing down and turning left or right the button will  change the station / title,so you need not have to use the app.

Many thanks for those tips!

chguillarme
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Bronze Member

I confirm there is too much bass !

I bought mine 1 month and a half ago, it's in the bathroom so only used half an hour per day maybe and not loud at all ! Since a few days it begins to make bad cracks on each bass like if it was used full power foreurs since 5 years !

That's not a good sigb if it even can't endorse its default bass settings !

Christophe

Beolab 1, Beovision 7-32, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, Beoplay A6 Grey, Beoplay A6 Black, Beolit 15, Beoplay H7, Beosound Essence mkII waiting for speakers :)

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Mar 9 2017 8:14 PM

Ralf:

Ralf

Thanks for the tip, but I'm not so handy.... It works as you told us but a too long press/manipulation shuts down everything.  My lovely wife was not so happy when the TV shuts down suddenly... Angry

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Page 19 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 17 18 19 20 21 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL