Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
614 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,319 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,319 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:39 AM
egges:

the M5 do have TuneIn! and is a full member in a Multiroom setup.

So, how do I activate TuneIN from standby and nothing is playing in the linksystem?

One press?

Can I use timer to start TuneIN on the M5?

Is it possible to set in what order the different sources are activated, like on the BS1 and the A6?

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 6:59 AM

Hiort:
So, how do I activate TuneIN from standby and nothing is playing in the linksystem?

One press?

Is it possible to set in what order the different sources are activated, like on the BS1 and the A6?

I thought it was the last listened source or perhaps bluetooth that starts when activating with one press and in my case this was a Deezer playlist yesterday, however I tried this morning and the last radiostation I have listened to a couple of days ago started. There was no other product playing in the house at the moment.

Still experimenting...

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
989 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Feb 22 2017 7:00 AM

Hiort:
egges:

the M5 do have TuneIn! and is a full member in a Multiroom setup.

One press?

Borrowed one yesterday to test my 50ms delay and multiroom. It worked perfectly, and yes, it is possible to start TuneIn by timer :)

/Jacob

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 5:54 AM

I confirm the TunIn timer start action.

For Android users of the new app, I received a mail from B&O on my question why the queue is always filled with unknown radiostations and loosing my 'Favorite TuneIn list':

We are aware of the bug regarding TuneIn radio in the new Android app. The cause of the problem is a change in behavior - the BeoMusic app basically adds the entire list of favorites to the product play queue, and then start playback of the requested station. This ensures that the product buttons work properly and change to other favorite stations.
Our new app is different; it simply plays the requested station, without adding the other favorites in the play queue. This means that the product will default to its standard radio stations if the product buttons are used, and this is the cause of the problem you are observing.Our developers are working to change the new app to implement the old behavior. We expect to address this shortly - an update should be available in about two months.

The above problem is mainly of interest to users who wants to operate the M5 in a Multiroom surrounding, and want to have the M5 controlled by a remote and its numeric buttons.

I noticed also, in Multiroom use of the M5 and powering off the link its better to use first the 'Stop' button and next the red 'Power Off' button on a remote. If following this sequence the M5 goes immediate to its 'sleep' function. Not following this sequence and only pushing the 'Power Off' button is keeping the M5 for a rather long time still activated (two blue lights on).

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
989 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 6:05 AM

Chris:

I confirm the TunIn timer start action.

For Android users of the new app, I received a mail from B&O on my question why the queue is always filled with unknown radiostations and loosing my 'Favorite TuneIn list':

We are aware of the bug regarding TuneIn radio in the new Android app. The cause of the problem is a change in behavior - the BeoMusic app basically adds the entire list of favorites to the product play queue, and then start playback of the requested station. This ensures that the product buttons work properly and change to other favorite stations.
Our new app is different; it simply plays the requested station, without adding the other favorites in the play queue. This means that the product will default to its standard radio stations if the product buttons are used, and this is the cause of the problem you are observing.Our developers are working to change the new app to implement the old behavior. We expect to address this shortly - an update should be available in about two months.

The above problem is mainly of interest to users who wants to operate the M5 in a Multiroom surrounding, and want to have the M5 controlled by a remote and its numeric buttons.

I noticed also, in Multiroom use of the M5 and powering off the link its better to use first the 'Stop' button and next the red 'Power Off' button on a remote. If following this sequence the M5 goes immediate to its 'sleep' function. Not following this sequence and only pushing the 'Power Off' button is keeping the M5 for a rather long time still activated (two blue lights on).

Are you actually saying that the M5 can be used by a remote ? Beo4 ?

/Weebyx

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 6:30 AM

Weebyx:

/Weebyx

No, only on devices operable with a remote... (the pair function for a 'wheelie' remote is removed in the latest M5 SW update)

It means controlling by a remote not directly to the M5 itself but: from the Essence with IR-eye, from Moments Jukebox, from ML devices connected to NL/ML converter, etc....

The M5 is a fully compatible with the Multiroom family.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
989 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 6:39 AM

Chris:

Weebyx:

/Weebyx

No, only on devices operable with a remote... (the pair function for a 'wheelie' remote is removed in the latest M5 SW update)

It means controlling by a remote not directly to the M5 itself but: from the Essence with IR-eye, from Moments Jukebox, from ML devices connected to NL/ML converter, etc....

The M5 is a fully compatible with the Multiroom family.

Aaaah yes.. I borrowed one, to test the Multiroom, and I will probably be buying one later on for the bedroom.

It is just a pitty that none of the new Play products cannot be controlled by Beo4. I need the M5 to wake me up in the morning, but I would like to just reach out in a dark room, and adjust or power off the M5 with the Beo4 in a dark room with closed eyes.

It sucks that I need to get my phone and look at it with sleepy eyes, to adjust the volume or power off :)

/Weebyx

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 7:39 AM

Weebyx:

It is just a pitty that none of the new Play products cannot be controlled by Beo4. I need the M5 to wake me up in the morning, but I would like to just reach out in a dark room, and adjust or power off the M5 with the Beo4 in a dark room with closed eyes.

It sucks that I need to get my phone and look at it with sleepy eyes, to adjust the volume or power off :)

/Weebyx

I fully understand you. We paired a 'Essence wheelie remote' with the M5 in January at the dealers shop. And that was a very interesting factor especially for me, I wanted to place a second M5 at a not reachable place in the bathroom.

The M5 I bought now was a present for my daughters birthday, and is placed next to my daughters bed, but she has such a powerless hand in wake-up... Crying

In the latest SW update the pair function of this remote was suddenly removed, but perhaps they will return it in another SW update. Looking at the configuration page the remote tab page is now empty...

I presume the Beo4 will never work with the M5, but maybe the Beoremote One BT will one day.

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
989 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Thu, Feb 23 2017 7:57 AM

Chris:

Weebyx:

/Weebyx

I fully understand you. We paired a 'Essence wheelie remote' with the M5 in January at the dealers shop. And that was a very interesting factor especially for me, I wanted to place a second M5 at a not reachable place in the bathroom.

The M5 I bought now was a present for my daughters birthday, and is placed next to my daughters bed, but she has such a powerless hand in wake-up... Crying

In the latest SW update the pair function of this remote was suddenly removed, but perhaps they will return it in another SW update. Looking at the configuration page the remote tab page is now empty...

I presume the Beo4 will never work with the M5, but maybe the Beoremote One BT will one day.

So now it is NOT possible to pair an essence remote any longer ?

Christ.... they really am not into making user friendly stuff anymore. I will still buy the Moment, and probably also an M5, I need to get started with the new stuff, but it is a pity that all the old customers who has been loyal to the brand, and loves the "no looking" control with Beo4, are not supported anymore.

Really don't see why not, other than they cut costs and SW/HW design.

/Jacob

2m
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
2m replied on Sun, Feb 26 2017 12:54 PM

I have just purchased the M5 and the essence remote, but is not able to BT connect the remote with M%.

The M5 works fine, is connected to the WiFi and I am able to connect to its BT with an iPhone - same with the Essence remote, but I am nogt able to connet the Essence Remote with the M5 - does anyone have any instructions??

What I have done is to make sure noone is connected to the Essence Remote and I have set the M5 to BT connect to anyone (i have also tried manual) and then I press on the top of the remote and waits until the small green light flashes, releases my finger and waits for the pair'ing - which never happens????

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2017 1:16 PM

2m:

I have just purchased the M5 and the essence remote, but is not able to BT connect the remote with M%.

The M5 works fine, is connected to the WiFi and I am able to connect to its BT with an iPhone - same with the Essence remote, but I am nogt able to connet the Essence Remote with the M5 - does anyone have any instructions??

What I have done is to make sure noone is connected to the Essence Remote and I have set the M5 to BT connect to anyone (i have also tried manual) and then I press on the top of the remote and waits until the small green light flashes, releases my finger and waits for the pair'ing - which never happens????

Welcome to the forum 2m...

Have you read the above threads before posting? As said the possibility to pair an Essence remote is disappeared in the latest SW update for the M5.

Let's hope B&O add this function again in the next update.

2m
Not Ranked
4 Posts
Bronze Member
2m replied on Sun, Feb 26 2017 2:32 PM

Yes, thanks for your quick response, I noticed as soon as I had posted. I am now going back to the beo shop and request them to approach beo and have an answer to what they intend to do - if not this capability is coming back in the next release very soon, I will claim my expenses and return the goods as this was clearly promised to work by beo...

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Feb 26 2017 3:01 PM

2m:

Yes, thanks for your quick response, I noticed as soon as I had posted. I am now going back to the beo shop and request them to approach beo and have an answer to what they intend to do - if not this capability is coming back in the next release very soon, I will claim my expenses and return the goods as this was clearly promised to work by beo...

I would not directly point to B&O that they promised it would work, there is no mention of pairing the Essence remote in the manual, faqs, etc. Conclusion: its a nice add-on to have and I found it by coincidence, maybe your shop did also in an earlier SW version.

Rather point to your shop who has no knowledge or was thoroughly informed that it was gone at the date they sold you this system combination. They would better have a test before selling it as a speaker with remote capabilities.

Do not react too quickly. Pairing is now greyed out in the M5 menu but not completely disappeared, so I'm pretty sure it will return in a next update.

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,068 Posts
Gold Member

Nice toy but with issues:

1 - Does not preserve the Sources In Local List after a restart or a network loss which impacts usage (tap, double tap)

2 - Does not stop red blinking when network is back ( I shut down my WiFi overnight).

3 - Too much bass, can't wait tone adjustment.

EDIT: The Local List choices are lost even without a restart or any other noticeable event, I think I'll return the kit for now, waiting for a mature and tested software

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, Beogram 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,068 Posts
Gold Member
Today's M5 (and A6, Essence and other) update should fix my issues according to BeoCare. I'll update you tomorrow.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, Beogram 4002, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 18 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL