Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
615 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,351 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

No talk about support for the 'wheely' remote.

Local controlling surely is handy, but not always - depending on where you place this speaker system.

And you shouldn't always have to grab your phone!

I suppose, that this will come later (or maybe it already is possible, but just not mentioned anywhere?)

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

keynesparis6
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member
It's explicit that it's working perfectly with the A6/A9 but do we know how well it integrates with a multi room-enabled beovision or an essence mkII ?

KP6
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

It's all the same - so why not?

Soon someone will have the M5 at home - we'll just have to wait for a final confirmation of this.

(Or for a B&O dealer to write here)

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

Michael:

B&O Manchester walk thru... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUpiD2sOYHI

John mentioned in the video (thanks for the video, John), that the M stands for Moveable.

Can anyone confirm this?

It seems a bit odd, since the A6 and even the A9 are moveable too - and being moveable isn't the most obvious thing to call a device, that needs a power supply to work/and has an ethernet port.

It would be more informative if it stands for Multiroom, since it - as a B&O Play product - can be part of the NL-multiroom experience.

P.S. The A6/9 would consequently have to be renamed (to M6/9) in the future, then.

Anyway - I find it a nice addition to the portfolio.

MM

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,974 Posts
Bronze Member

Hello Just spoke to a dealer and he confirmed that it in fact works standalone or as part of the Multiroom experience so will work with a moment etc.

I have had confirmation that the M5 will appear in the BLGW as a Device also the same as the Sound1 and 2.

Now the lead time from the website and a dealer would be interesting to know.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 2:30 PM

again: it is a fully integrated member of B&O's multiroom-family, and also, of course, a stand-alone. my dealer also told me that the M is for "moveable"

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member

the "proof "

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks egges!

I still find 'Moveable' a bit odd ;-(

MM

Earle
Top 500 Contributor
191 Posts
Bronze Member
Earle replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 5:45 PM

Reading Engadget's review... https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/05/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-m5-wireless-speaker/

... and I found this interesting.

"The compact speaker's acoustics are capable of both beam direction and beam width control thanks to a new version of the technology from Bang and Olufsen's luxury BeoLab 90."

I think this is the first I'm hearing of any reference to the BL90, in respect to integration of the technology within any other B&O product.

tph
Top 500 Contributor
Finland
139 Posts
Bronze Member
tph replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 6:17 PM

Earle:

Reading Engadget's review... https://www.engadget.com/2017/01/05/bang-and-olufsen-beoplay-m5-wireless-speaker/

... and I found this interesting.

"The compact speaker's acoustics are capable of both beam direction and beam width control thanks to a new version of the technology from Bang and Olufsen's luxury BeoLab 90."

I think this is the first I'm hearing of any reference to the BL90, in respect to integration of the technology within any other B&O product.

I'm sceptical that this is possible with just three tweeters (two of which are powered by the same amplifier), one midrange and an omnidirectional woofer. I would love to be proven wrong, though.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 6:39 PM

I had a listening session this afternoon.

I sounded very good, although I prefer less bass. It fills with no problem a room and is very enjoyable a high listening level.

The essence wheel remote works perfectly with the M5.

I found it a excellent speaker for the money.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,433 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris:

I had a listening session this afternoon.

The essence wheel remote works perfectly with the M5.

Thanks for the info, Chris.

MM

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,974 Posts
Bronze Member
Hay Chris

Can the bass be adjusted with an EQ or by using the three position toggle switch for free corner wall like other products which adjusts bass.

Sean

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Mark-N
Top 200 Contributor
Maryland, USA
317 Posts
Bronze Member

The two new BeoSounds and the M5 do not have a three position switch for bass.  It looks like the firmware for the M5 is more advanced than the BeoSounds as it can be paired with the Essence remote.  I'm still waiting for adjustments for Bass and Treble for my BeoSound 2, but I am expecting that to come to all three, hopefully soon.

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
303 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Fri, Jan 6 2017 9:35 PM

Seanie_230:

Can the bass be adjusted with an EQ or by using the three position toggle switch for free corner wall like other products which adjusts bass.

Sean

it's just the three positions. setting has to be done in the BeoPLAY-app, the rest one configure in the Setup-app

Page 13 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL