Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 339 Replies | 9 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
France
646 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Top 150 Contributor
The Hague, The Netherlands
754 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

BV Harmony 65 / Eclipse 55 / BL 50 / 19 / 18 / BS 2 all brass

BV Horizon 48 / V1 40 / BL 17 / Beoplay S3 all black

V1 / BL 3 / BS Essence MKII / Beoplay A3 all white

BS Moment / BS 3000 / BS 3200 / BL 400 all silver

Headphones / bluetooth speakers / BLC NL-ML / BLGateway

I know…B&O virus has grown on me ! 

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,877 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Homeoffice: M3, Beocom 2  Library: Beosound Emerge, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5, Essence remote  Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay EQ, Beoplay Earset

All Replies

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

I remember staying in a rather expensive Parisian hotel in the late nineties and promising myself I'd one day own the same powered wall mounted MX tv as I had in the hotel room. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,654 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 6:27 PM

Simonbeo:

I remember staying in a rather expensive Parisian hotel in the late nineties and promising myself I'd one day own the same powered wall mounted MX tv as I had in the hotel room. 

I fully understand you and that is exactly the magic I love(d) in Bang & Olufsen... and they seem to have lost it a few years ago...

Beosound 3000 was THE attraction at one of last birthdays. I guess the poor sliding doors had to open 50 times because every kid tried to approach it several times, waved their hands etc. ... You bet that they have a very positive feeling about that cool B&O stuff and had a lot of fun. :)

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

Does it have any additional, unannouced features or is that it, another wireless multiroom speaker arriving just as others are moving on with Alexa, Google Home etc. ( e.g. I read today that Lenovo are releasing an Alexa based device with Harmon Kardon audio Internals).

I feel with recent product releases as though the company has adopted the shotgun marketing strategy - lets make as many versions of as many things as we can and hopefully some of them might sell, those that don't we can quietly abandon and forget along with those that may have bought them.

Ban boring signatures!

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,578 Posts
Bronze Member
Looks like a product with amazons Alexa. And it looks like you could sit on it if it was big enough :). But it also looks a bit too much libratone.

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Jeff
Top 25 Contributor
USA
3,793 Posts
Silver Member
Jeff replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 8:34 PM

Puncher, I agree with your evaluation of B&O product development and marketing lately. I don't see evidence of a coordinated attack on the market, an overriding strategy to stake out territory as well thought out as, say, Sonus for example. I think it's a throw things on the wall and see what sticks indeed, which is very inefficient, especially as they have multiple products competing with themselves, too many products that essentially do the same thing.

We can only hope they manage to develop a focus on the market that works.

Jeff

I'm afraid I'm recovering from the BeoVirus. Sad

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,354 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

I feel with recent product releases as though the company has adopted the shotgun marketing strategy - lets make as many versions of as many things as we can and hopefully some of them might sell, those that don't we can quietly abandon and forget along with those that may have bought them.

Or reduce the price to clear stock (think A6) when you realise they aren't shifting as you expected.

But you are right Puncher. How many headphones and portable speakers does B&O require? A1, A2, BS1, Beolit 15, M5 etc.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,531 Posts
Bronze Member
Be careful with Alexa. Imagine it doing this at a partyYes - thumbs up

https://youtu.be/r5p0gqCIEa8

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
11,729 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
Be careful with Alexa. Imagine it doing this at a partyYes - thumbs up

https://youtu.be/r5p0gqCIEa8

Laughing - a rather fitting demonstration of what really quite good software is capable of even without the assistance of those demonstratably less able!

Ban boring signatures!

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,585 Posts
Bronze Member

Puncher:

Does it have any additional, unannouced features or is that it, another wireless multiroom speaker arriving just as others are moving on with Alexa, Google Home etc. ( e.g. I read today that Lenovo are releasing an Alexa based device with Harmon Kardon audio Internals).

B&O usually don't do as 'the others' do, just because they do it!

Personally I would not want Alexa (or any of the others) in my home - must it be?

Not long ago people wished for a smaller NL-multiroom device.

There it is....

....and then that is one too many.

Let us be happy, that we have different speaker systems to choose amongst - we don't have to buy all of them.

That goes for the headphones as well - I am fine with a wired version, my neighbour wants a wireless.

And I wouldn't want to stick small lumps into my ears - others can live without them.....

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,170 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Jan 4 2017 11:04 PM

yep, this is an interesting one.....agree on the one hand that B&O seem to perhaps trying to over-milk the Play brand, to some of us at least....that said, voice assistant enabled speakers i think i relatively unproven i think........yes plenty of tech types have embraced it, especially as smartphone innovation has stalled in recent years, but its still very far from clear that (a) voice recognition is good enough yet for wide adoption, and (b) unclear as well whether people generally want to talk to technology, especially if it is also listening to you in your home.........

B&O may go down this road eventually, but i'd give it at least 2 years......

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
810 Posts
Gold Member

Millemissen:
Personally I would not want Alexa (or any of the others) in my home - must it be?

Agreed. I am not really that interested in these Alexa type products. It's like Siri on the iPhone and MacBook Air, I never use it. I suppose it might become mainstream at some later point in time but developments at this stage are more of a gimmick offering a bit of fun for a few minutes but no real practical use - for me anyway. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

apricedesign
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

http://www.datanet.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=106908

Bang & Olufsen, a premium home entertainment brand, has officially launched the BeoPlay M5, a Nordic sensibility wireless speaker that can be used in various places in the home.

The Beeplay M5 is a new product of the premium line 'B & O PLAY' and was created for those who have a lifestyle that spends time at home with music. Thanks to its compact size of 16.5cm width, 16.5cm height, 18.5cm height and 2.5kg weight, it is easy to move to the house where you want to listen to music such as bedroom, kitchen, children's room.

The new product was designed by Danish famous industrial designer Cecilie Manz. The cabinets in the shape of a cylinder are harmonized with the wool blend covers of Danish luxury textile brand Kvadrat, giving a feeling of simplicity and luxury unique to Northern Europe. The speaker's body color is black and natural, and spring cover, dark rose and moss green speaker cover will be added.

The Beeplay M5 delivers powerful sound performance compared to the body. Equipped with five driver units, it distributes a total of 130W of powerful sound in 360 ° directions. One 5-inch woofer, one 1.5-inch midrange, three 3/4 inch tweeters, three drivers and one 40W woofer, one 30W midrange, one 30W front tweeter, one 30W rear tweeter, and one Class D amplifier .

Operation is also very easy. Just touch the top of anodized aluminum material to operate volume, connection, and other functions. The 'Tone Touch' feature of the Beeplayer app allows you to optimize sound settings for your location.

The new product also supports a variety of wireless environments. Bluetooth 4.0, Chrome Cast, Airplay, DLNA, wireless streaming services such as sporty pie, dessert and internet radio tune delivery are available. In addition, 'BeoLink MultiRoom' allows free connection and control of all Bang & Olufsen audio devices in the house in wireless environment. The Beeplay M5 can be connected to 'Beeplayer A6', 'Beeplayer A9', 'Beo Sound 1', 'Beo Sound 2' and 'Beo Sound 35'.

"The Beeplay M5 is a product that can be used in various places indoors because of its excellent mobility and performance exceeding my size," said Bang & Olufsen. "We will make music a happy time for those who spend a lot of time at home." said.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,585 Posts
Bronze Member

Still 5 hour to go for the 'official' launch ;-)))

MM

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,585 Posts
Bronze Member

You shouldn't believe all that you read ;-))))

From the above:

'The Beeplay M5' ---- yet another new product ;-)

'Just touch the top of anodized aluminum material to operate volume, connection, and other functions.' ---- interesting ;-))

'wireless streaming services such as sporty pie, dessert and internet radio tune delivery' ----- what do you think about that ;-)))

MM

badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
539 Posts
Gold Member

Looking forward to the Sporty Pie and Dessert, making me hungry already!

Page 10 of 23 (340 items) « First ... < Previous 8 9 10 11 12 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL