beosound1 review

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Sibbi
Not Ranked
62 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi posted on Thu, Dec 8 2016 5:07 PM

Remarkably similar to the review posted by Lee.

http://www.whathifi.com/bo/beosound-1/review

All Replies

Schuifschoen
Not Ranked
Rotterdam
55 Posts
Bronze Member

So it is ovepriced for what it offers for sound quality.

I hope Bang & Olufsen learns from this! 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,654 Posts
Bronze Member

And what should they learn?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
973 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

And what should they learn?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Improve the sound quality Stick out tongue
BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,413 Posts
Bronze Member
Make a Beosound 2 with battery for the price of the Beosound 1 and it's for me !
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
432 Posts
Bronze Member
Having seen both the bs1/2 I would pay a little more for a bs35. I don't think the quality/finishing though good is not a patch compared with the 35.
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,291 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Dec 9 2016 7:30 PM
BeoGreg:

Make a Beosound 2 with battery for the price of the Beosound 1 and it's for me !

They're probably not going to make a lot of money that way.
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

I heard the BS2 today in a dealer for the first time and was so impressed. I will be buying one soon for sure. Incredible sound with a lovely design in my opinion. I would definitely choose this over the BS35, which when I heard several months ago at first release was pretty poor, at least to my ears. Perhaps they have changed the sound with recent software updates I don't know, but first impressions were not good. I haven't heard one since. Think the BS2 could be a great seller for B&O and I really hope this turns out to be the case. Simon.

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

dasun
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
dasun replied on Sat, Dec 10 2016 12:43 PM

I have the Beosound 1 for a few weeks now. I love the design and its ease of use. I have to admit, the sound is pretty bad though :) in my case, I have the Beosound 1 in the hallway, so sound quality isn't the biggest priority. When using multiroom, you can totally hear the difference in quality compared to e.g. the Beovision 11 or my Beolab 20. 

It would be a big help, if it was possible to adjust the bass and treble. IMO it sounds too 'boomy'

CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
1,400 Posts
Bronze Member
CB replied on Sat, Dec 10 2016 2:51 PM

Reading all the different comments about BS 1/2 and BS 35, it appears it's really a matter of taste.

One is spreading the (mono) sound at about 360°, hence it's place should be the centre of the room. It's made to use all the reflexions of the room too. And it's a (more or less) nomad device.

The other is spreading a (classic) (stereo) sound at about 180°, hence it's place should be next to a wall. It's not supposed to be moved from there.

I think it's simply not possible to compare them.

If you use them for what they've been designed, AND if you like the concept (360° vs 180°, mono vs stereo, nomad vs fixed), then you made the best choice.

Otherwise, chances are that you'll be disappointed...

It's like comparing a sports car and a motorcycle. Both are used to go from point A to point B, but that's all. Any other point is a matter of taste or need. If you prefer a motorbike, and use it as it should be, then it's the best. If you prefer a sports car, and use it as it should be, then it's the best choice too.

None is better, and each one is the best.

By the way, there are not a lot of feedbacks here about the BS35...

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,384 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Sat, Dec 10 2016 5:07 PM
dasun:

It would be a big help, if it was possible to adjust the bass and treble. IMO it sounds too 'boomy'

There will be a software update providing bass and treble adjustments. Just like the A6 got some week ago.

I notice the BS1 is quite sensitive to where it's is placed. Also, playing lossless music from my NAS really makes the BS1 to shine sound wise.Smile

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

Yes it is interesting that nobody has commented much on the BS35. Does this suggest it is a dud product with little to no sales?

Mark-N
Top 200 Contributor
Maryland, USA
317 Posts
Bronze Member
Mark-N replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 9:37 PM

I liked the BeoSound 35 quite a bit when I saw it at the dealer.  It was not the best place to really evaluate the sound, but it did seem good to me.  I would have considered it more if I could fit it in.  It would have to be around 87 cm instead of 100 cm.  The BeoSound 1 and 2 are much easier to place!

Teletom
Not Ranked
27 Posts
Bronze Member
Teletom replied on Sun, Dec 11 2016 10:03 PM
The BS35 has been reviewed and recommended in Hi-Fi Choice, jan. 2017. A very positive review with 4,5 stars for sound- and 5 for build quality and Features.
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

That's good to know but what about here on Beoworld, with so many enthusiasts for the brand? Has anyone actually bought one?

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL