Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Which cables do I need for Rj45 - Rj45 PL

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member
Fansastic posted on Fri, Dec 2 2016 11:17 AM

Dear forum members,

Currently I have set up my Beolab 14 and V1 using Rj45-Rj45 Powerlink cables from Bosscom, This cables are very slim and I noticed that the cable connectors are very sensitive for distortion. Frequently I hear a low frequency humming sound that can be fixed by fittling with the cables.

Can it be that I need shielded cables, and if so what cables are best for using? Cat 7 utp cabling will do the trick?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me.

All Replies

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
The cable workshop, Leics, UK
1,547 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Fansastic,

Good shielding makes a huge difference on these cables.  This does result in a thicker cable, so thin RJ45 cables are rarely fully shielded.  These fully shielded cables should resolve your humming and distortion problems:-

http://soundsheavenly.com/powerlink-rj45-cat5-connection-models-from-2013/28-rj45-powerlink-compatible-shielded-cable-for-beolab-speakers-2013-and-newer.html

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Sounds Heavenly are proud to sponsor BeoWorld!

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your swift and sound reaction!

I'm located in Holland, do you ship cables abroad?

Best regards,

Serge

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,547 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Serge,

Yes, I ship to Holland free of charge by Airmail.

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
296 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks Steve, I'll put in an order shortly.

One other question, what would you advise for cabling to put in the wall for the BL14 satellite speakers? The provided cables from B&O are too short for my set-up.

Best regards,

Serge

Steve at Sounds Heavenly
Top 50 Contributor
1,547 Posts
Gold Member

Hi Serge,

If the satellite speakers are going on the walls then you can use any 2 core passive speaker cable.  For stand-mounted speaker, a round profile cable is needed, to fit through the stand tube.

Special connectors are used at the subwoofer end of the cables, which I have available if you don't already have them.  I stock suitable cables here in a choice of colours, if this is of interest:-

http://soundsheavenly.com/bang-olufsen/159-beolab-14-beoplay-s8-satellite-speaker-cable.html?search_query=satellite&results=1

Kind regards, Steve.

Steve.

www.soundsheavenly.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL