rated by 0 users
This post has 54 Replies | 3 Followers

Ferdinand
Top 150 Contributor
Malmö, Sweden
Posts 499
Gold Member
Ferdinand Posted: Wed, Nov 23 2016 12:53 PM
Bang and Olufsen released a social media campaign about 'humblebragging'.

I find it both hiliarius as brilliant. They are sure watching this space Big Smile

Link to video below.

https://www.facebook.com/bangolufsen/videos/10153868635676607/
rednik
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 182
Bronze Member
rednik replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 1:16 PM

I think it's a dreadful campaign and comments on the Facebook post would agree.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 4:47 PM

rednik:

I think it's a dreadful campaign and comments on the Facebook post would agree.

As one of the comments asks : "does the shop no longer install the equipment ?" 

Really bad showing the customer taking the product home up the stairs and then installing it. Or does he? 

looks like he's just bought it from the supermarket like a Samsung. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,428
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 6:21 PM
I really don't see the problem. There's a whole bunch of folk on this site that would happily take a horizon home and set it up themselves if it meant they got it quicker. They would also be taking pictures of the whole experience for the "flash your" thread.

Sometimes people can find fault anywhere.
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 6:59 PM

Another way of looking at it , rather than saying I am fault, is to suggest there are people who prefer plug and play to the dealer getting their diary out and getting the customer to wait. At least you get to see the box. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Hungedu
Top 500 Contributor
United States
Posts 159
Bronze Member
Hungedu replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 7:04 PM

I had fun watching the ads. However, if I was that guy, I wouldn't be posting pictures of my new expensive TV purchase all over social media. You're looking at a potential burglary. Just ask the Kardashians how that all worked out for them. :-)

BeoLab 5, BeoVision 7-55 MK2, BeoSound 5 Encore, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab Penta III, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 2, BeoLab 7-6, BeoSound 8, BeoTime (analog clock), Beo 4 remote.

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,092
Bronze Member
Reminds me of my ex. Rearranging stuff to get a picture for instagram. We are becoming a tragic species Surprise
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,428
Gold Member
Duels replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 8:12 PM
Simonbeo:

Another way of looking at it , rather than saying I am fault, is to suggest there are people who prefer plug and play to the dealer getting their diary out and getting the customer to wait. At least you get to see the box.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

Sorry Simon. My second comment (about finding fault) was aimed at the earlier post about the comments on Facebook. Not you.
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,534
Bronze Member
I like the campaign

Most people who buy a TV want to take it home and use it straight away.

I liked the part where they realised how flexible the horizon was as it could be wheeled anywhere.
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,092
Bronze Member
I liked the part where actually on.... Big Smile
CB
Top 75 Contributor
> You are Here <
Posts 1,563
Bronze Member
CB replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 8:54 PM

BV: the only TV that does not need to be "on" to entertain the whole family...

I'm not a big fan of the image of B&O owners that gives this video Huh?

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Wed, Nov 23 2016 9:45 PM

when i got my avant the dealer just was to put it together. i myself was keen on do the settings, cablings etc personally. and yes, i made some videoclips with the cellular and sent it, pride like Oskar, to some persons

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

take10
Not Ranked
Posts 20
Bronze Member
take10 replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 9:03 AM
He's not someone I'd like to be friends with.

The wife on the other hand...
TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 12:27 PM

leosgonewild:
Reminds me of my ex. Rearranging stuff to get a picture for instagram. We are becoming a tragic species Surprise

Leo, changing the status of such a women to "ex" is the right decision of a wise man!

This videos emphasizes that we indeed seem to become an embarassing species...

Watching these videos and receiving TV streams from outer space is the reason why Aliens will always visit our planet anonymously / incognito. Wink

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,483
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:15 PM
It's witty but I don't like it really. For a lot of people a B&O tv is something special and deserves some credit. I'm confused about what they mean about their customer base.

Beolab 50, Beolab 20, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9i, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Avant 55, BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,534
Bronze Member

Michael:
It's witty but I don't like it really. For a lot of people a B&O tv is something special and deserves some credit. I'm confused about what they mean about their customer base.

Simple!  They're trying to expand it. 

What they have been doing might been seen as elitist (for some) and its definitely not making them any money.  They're trying to "spread the love" :-) 

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,483
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 12:04 PM
Aussie Michael:

Simple! They're trying to expand it.

What they have been doing might been seen as elitist (for some) and its definitely not making them any money. They're trying to "spread the love" :-)

I'm not so sure this is the right way. I wouldn't expect any other exclusive brands to promote themselves this way.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 12:41 PM

Michael:
Aussie Michael:

Simple! They're trying to expand it.

What they have been doing might been seen as elitist (for some) and its definitely not making them any money. They're trying to "spread the love" :-)

I'm not so sure this is the right way. I wouldn't expect any other exclusive brands to promote themselves this way.

A new car from a vending machine, including the PDI?

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 2:07 PM

Bang & Olufsen seems to hast lost any clue about management and now marketing, too. Imagine Rolex or Omega begin marketing like this... embarassing.

Looks like B&O tries to damage their reputation wherever they can.

In these times of instability and fear of terrorism they promote their new bluetooth in-ear headphones with a guy that doesn't really fit into the campaign.. Wink At least in the american and european countries this is not a wise decision.

Another very good example are their notebook/computer speakers. "Audio by Bang & Olufsen ICEpower" was printed on four generations of Asus Zenbook. The sound was incredible bad and I know a few people that will never buy anything from B&O as those "high end lousy sounding" speakers where there first contact with the brand and they can't imagine that such a company is able to deliver good sound. Now with the recent generation of Zenbooks they switched to harman kardon speakers instead of B&O... you can guess why. My wifes Samsung Notebook has harman kardon speakers/audio integrated and it sounds 10 times better than my Zenbook with Bang & Olufsen Audio. Even those lousy Apple Macbooks do sound better.

Let's pray that B&O gets some serious capable people in some departments (management, marketing, computer audio, design) . For example they could offer Geoff and his team everything he needs to make some fine computer audio components / speakers.

Next departmend that will be sold or closed down could be the TV section. Who should pay 20 times the price for a chinese Android TV even if it looks good? That's not B&O...

It's so sad to see what our beloved brand is doing...

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,428
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 2:17 PM
TWG:

In these times of instability and fear of terrorism they promote their new bluetooth in-ear headphones with a guy that doesn't really fit into the campaign.. At least in the american and european countries this is not a wise decision.

Seriously TWG that's offensive.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 2:23 PM

It wasn't meant to be offensive. Seriously. As I have great muslimic friends, too, I don't see any problem.
In the original H5 thread someone else mentioned the same about the model choosen for the campaign...

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,428
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 2:25 PM
I think it was Donald Trump Wink
egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
Posts 303
Bronze Member
egges replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 2:37 PM

oh TWG, go out and buy B&O and do better, lead it back to the glory old times. sorry, but you're penetrating bashing of the management sucks:-(((

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound +  appleTV 4K und Philips BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (imac, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 3:08 PM

Duels:
I think it was Donald Trump Wink

Big Smile

egges:

oh TWG, go out and buy B&O and do better, lead it back to the glory old times. sorry, but you're penetrating bashing of the management sucks:-(((

Yes, the truth sometimes really hurts...
Loving B&O does not mean that I have to tolerate and love everything of it. TVs Made in Denmark, yes, I bought them. They where the classical B&O objects of desire.

But the new chinese Android thingy? No, sorry, fool somebody else.

At least we are all still talking with each other and about the brand... so that means it still survived the management "hickups". Wink

But the marketing campaign on facebook is still embarassing... it is not the niveau I'm accustomed by so called luxury companies.

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 3:16 PM

I couldn't help juxtapose the "humblebragger" campaign with that of the role B&O (and the families who own it) played in old catalogs. Showing children playing in front of the TV. Showing a family in the kitchen having breakfast, with B&O -- not as the center of attention, but as a part of the home, a part of the family, B&O was shown as something in the background, but crucially integral to the family's life and lifestyle. Somehow this new campaign leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 13,539
Bronze Member

TWG:

Loving B&O does not mean that I have to tolerate and love everything of it.

Sometimes I really do wonder how much of B&O you love----and why Unsure

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 5:05 PM

Millemissen:

TWG:

Loving B&O does not mean that I have to tolerate and love everything of it.

Sometimes I really do wonder how much of B&O you love----and why Unsure

MM

I enjoy many of their products for their quality feel, their sound (Beolabs), their looks and the comfort (e.g. reducing volume of the TV with the phone when it rings). Touching a Beosound 5 is a bigger joy than tapping on a touchscreen of a tablet or smartphone.

But take the Beosound 3 for example:
It fails in a very short time while products e.g. from Panasonic lasting a decade(!) longer while just costing 30% of the Beosound price. This is an absurdity. From a customers perspective it is neither luxury and of course not quality. I have two Beosound 3s and both suffer from the same disease. So, despite my love to the brand this is inacceptable. It just feels like they fooled you and you paid too much money just for the name Bang & Olufsen and not for the tings the company claims to stand for. My friends and my family are unsympathetic to B&O and can't understand anymore why I still stick to the brand. If they had an excellent customer service and management they would offer free repairs of all affected Beosound 3 units even years after the warranty ran out.
Not possible? Have a look at Accuphase. After the earthquakes in Japan they repaired all damaged Amplifiers, CD-Players etc. for free. THAT is the extra mile in this kind of segment. And Accuphase is a small company.

But as you all know: Infected by the Beovirus the B&O marriage means "in good times as in bad". Cake

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 991
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 7:17 PM
This campaign just shows how down market the brand is having to go to survive.
hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 87
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Sat, Nov 26 2016 9:58 PM
Duels:

I think it was Donald Trump

I literally laughed out loud reading this!!
leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,092
Bronze Member
I understand what TWG is saying.

There are many commercials with actors of minority groups, and many of them simply don't appeal to me. They don't wake any emotions in me.

Now stop. Before you call me a racist, read what I wrote again.

There is a reason you can't see the driver in a car commercial. They want you to imagine that YOU are driving the car.

But the h5 guy looks like a terrorist? I have more beard than that. And Vikings was real terrorists Stick out tongue
jvezina
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 180
Gold Member
jvezina replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 2:20 AM

TWG:

Next departmend that will be sold or closed down could be the TV section. Who should pay 20 times the price for a chinese Android TV even if it looks good? That's not B&O...

This is already more or less the case with the LG partnership. The video portion (panel and processor) will be developed by LG. The audio (surround processor) and control part will continue to be developed by B&O. 

See; http://cphpost.dk/news/business/bang-olufsen-laying-off-55-employees.html

Concerning  the advertisement, it also shows how people are addicted now to their smartphone and social media. The guy was really seeing the world (and his new TV) through his phone. 

Regards,

Jean

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,218
Founder
elephant replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 4:09 AM
Actually the ad helped me realise how flexible the Horizon is !

BeoNut since '75

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,413
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 7:56 AM
I absolutely don't see what's wrong with that ad.

Just a couple bringing home their new tv (for full enjoyment).

A Horizon is not a 55kg Avant with a 55kg stand.

Just like the good ol' V1, they where ready to go in the shop if you wanted.

The tv is the center of the ad and I now want one !
Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,534
Bronze Member

BeoGreg:

me neither

i want one too lol

vikinger
Top 25 Contributor
Vestri Kirkjubyr, UK
Posts 5,393
Bronze Member
vikinger replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 9:13 AM

It's just an ad!

What is sad is how brainwashed and PC everyone is becoming.... look at the objections on FB ....... and even in this thread.

And while I am having a moan, why do thread queries asking about belts for Beograms and beocords get an immediate 'pm me' response, but anything else gets edited with a demand to upgrade and post in the Wanted forum, even for trivial items like a 50p missing keyring plastic cover? Strange double standards just about everywhere.

Graham

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,523
Gold Member
TWG replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 10:04 AM

leosgonewild:
I understand what TWG is saying.

There are many commercials with actors of minority groups, and many of them simply don't appeal to me. They don't wake any emotions in me.

Now stop. Before you call me a racist, read what I wrote again.

There is a reason you can't see the driver in a car commercial. They want you to imagine that YOU are driving the car.

But the h5 guy looks like a terrorist? I have more beard than that. And Vikings was real terrorists Stick out tongue

I did not say that anybody looks like a terrorist! B&O's marketing department is just lacking some sensitivity.

I can't understand the people who feel the need to share everything on those social media platforms. Maybe those who need to brag have some problems with their own personality and their self-confidence!?
Maybe I'm oldschool but when I buy something I don't need to tell anybody and if some of my friends ask, we all prefer to do it in person vis-à-vis.
Very interesting are the people that are shooting vertical videos... I mean, look at our eyes: Are they aligned vertically?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA

At least technology wise, LG is moving forward. The OLED panel TVs have an amazing picture quality. I have an LG Oled TV, too and in some dark scenes I had to check if the TV is still powered on. Stunning contrast. The menu system is the opposite and too slow and the sound - you'll guess - is nothing to write home about.

@jvezina: Thanks for the hint... I didn't know that... and again a sign of the managements capabilities. Stick out tongue

We all can only wish B&O the best and I personally hope that they can manage the company turnaround and get back to the quality level I'm expecting from a luxury brand - in ALL departments.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 2,483
Bronze Member
Michael replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 11:30 AM
This tread went a bit off-road I think. But I don't like the ad. It pokes fun at the guy being happy about his new tv. And I don't like that. I would also be excited. Before phones people would run into their burning homes to save the photo albums for the exact same reason. You want to treasure your memories, especially of achievements. I am not sure what B&O means with the ad. But I feel it's a little bit ridiculing to be honest. And it's also very stereotypical with a straight couple and a "boys with toys" ending. I seriously don't like it at all.

hadr
Top 500 Contributor
Switzerland
Posts 87
Bronze Member
hadr replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 11:34 AM
BeoGreg:

I agree, I found it rather effective in showing all the different placement possibilities and ease of use of the Horizon, plus I enjoyed the song :) It's just a young couple having fun and teasing each other, nothing more than that.

I think people are overanalysing the ad and are quick to make assumptions about the intended users that are simply not there (for me at least).

Perhaps B&O is targeting a different demographic with the Horizon (and this video), and that's OK. There is always BV14 and Avant for all the rest Wink
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 2,428
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 11:49 AM
hadr:

I agree, I found it rather effective in showing all the different placement possibilities and ease of use of the Horizon, plus I enjoyed the song :) It's just a young couple having fun and teasing each other, nothing more than that.

I think people are overanalysing the ad and are quick to make assumptions about the intended users that are simply not there (for me at least).

Perhaps B&O is targeting a different demographic with the Horizon (and this video), and that's OK. There is always BV14 and Avant for all the rest

Totally agree with you.
beojeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
Posts 1,792
Bronze Member
beojeff replied on Sun, Nov 27 2016 12:47 PM

I found the ad playful and cute. However, I found it surprising to see someone smoking in an ad -- especially inside their home. Smoking in an ad is not something you would see in the U.S. anymore. It's rather a turn off. I wonder if the concept is different in Denmark.

Page 1 of 2 (55 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL