rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 32 Replies | 1 Follower

Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member
Fansastic posted on Thu, Nov 17 2016 10:13 PM

Finally the new Deezer app for the V1 / BV 11 has arrived and it seems to work flawless. Now hopefully B&O takes it up at their side to update the software so that the Deezer app can also be selected through the source button ( i.e. A-Mem button on beo4). For now this way the old buggy Deezer app is stil activated. 

Does anyone on the forum knows if  B&O will keep updating the 1gen smart tv software? The BV11 is still on sale.

All Replies

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 11:37 PM
Fansastic:

Finally the new Deezer app for the V1 / BV 11 has arrived and it seems to work flawless. Now hopefully B&O takes it up at their side to update the software so that the Deezer app can also be selected through the source button ( i.e. A-Mem button on beo4). For now this way the old buggy Deezer app is stil activated.

Does anyone on the forum knows if B&O will keep updating the 1gen smart tv software? The BV11 is still on sale.

Yes bo aware and this is the last thing that needs doing
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,740 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Nov 18 2016 3:12 AM
I can select Deezer with a source button on my V1.
Matt
Not Ranked
London
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Matt replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 5:18 PM

Can someone tell me how I can access this new app from the BV11? On my Beo4 A.Mem launches the old (& still unreliable) Deezer app. I've checked the apps within the Smart TV section by cannot any Deezer app, am I missing something?

Any help appreciated, Matt

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

I did not use the installed Deezer on my V1 for a long time now - used the linked (from Essence) instead.

Inspired by this thread I tried to access Deezer, but it did not get past the first screen - no way to do anything there.

Has the app been updated, or what does the op mean by 'new Deezer app'?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Carolpa
Top 100 Contributor
856 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:
I did not use the installed Deezer on my V1 for a long time now - used the linked (from Essence) instead.

Inspired by this thread I tried to access Deezer, but it did not get past the first screen - no way to do anything there.

Has the app been updated, or what does the op mean by 'new Deezer app'?

MM

Same inspiration, same screen effect

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,740 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 5:44 PM
There is a Deezer app in the app gallery. I just added it to my home web media page on my V1.
Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,740 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 6:02 PM
I prefer the original Deezer application. The new app seems very slow.
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,430 Posts
Bronze Member

Razlaw:
There is a Deezer app in the app gallery. I just added it to my home web media page on my V1.

Ok - got it.

Might be ok for a standalone tv.

But it can surely not replace the existing (well - de facto not-existing) app, since there is no way to use it as a source and to assign it to a button.

If you cannot do this, you can't access it from another NL device (apart from joining-in to perhaps?) or via converter on the ML.

It is exactly the same situation as we have in the new (Android-based)tv's, where apps can't be used as a source either.

I wonder how B&O is going to solve that problem there - - and I wonder if they are going to make the installed Deezer app on V1/BV11 etc working again.

C'mon Struer!!!

MM

Matt
Not Ranked
London
15 Posts
Bronze Member
Matt replied on Sat, Nov 19 2016 8:49 PM

Razlaw:

Thanks Razlaw, found it. 

Matt

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
425 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

Ok - got it.

Might be ok for a standalone tv.

But it can surely not replace the existing (well - de facto not-existing) app, since there is no way to use it as a source and to assign it to a button.

If you cannot do this, you can't access it from another NL device (apart from joining-in to perhaps?) or via converter on the ML.

It is exactly the same situation as we have in the new (Android-based)tv's, where apps can't be used as a source either.

I wonder how B&O is going to solve that problem there - - and I wonder if they are going to make the installed Deezer app on V1/BV11 etc working again.

C'mon Struer!!!

MM

Yes sent email to beocare and they are working on it
Fansastic
Top 200 Contributor
The Netherlands
310 Posts
Gold Member

Thanks to all the well informed members on the forum I was looking out to this day, as I hoped the new software update should fix the Deezer bug and make the new app availablr through the source button (instead of the webmedia app launch). Unfortunately this was not the case.

Does anybody know what the software update fixed/added? Any ideas regarding the app fix? Would be so nice to use the multiroom / nl function on two V1's with the new Deezer app (old one is realy rubbish as it won't start up most of the times)

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 3:38 PM
Never had reason to look before, but I realized now that the new DEEZER app on BV11 is quite good. No problem assigning to buttons on the BR1.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

hostler
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

Coincidentally I did the same at the weekend with a new (old) BV11-55, and was too - pleasantly surprised - easily the best WebApp available on that OS.

Didn't realise you can map to a MyButton though ... even better ... thanks!

Tom

PS. Love the AJ Lamp - a classic!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,350 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 16 2019 6:47 PM
hostler:

Coincidentally I did the same at the weekend with a new (old) BV11-55, and was too - pleasantly surprised - easily the best WebApp available on that OS.

Didn't realise you can map to a MyButton though ... even better ... thanks!

Tom

PS. Love the AJ Lamp - a classic!

You can also mapp the source to the MUSIC button directly.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

Page 1 of 3 (33 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL