Beomaster 5 Hd upgrade to Samsung EVO SSD

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 95 Replies | 13 Followers

wantoniak
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member
wantoniak posted on Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:44 PM

I have been trying to upgrade Beomaster HD to SSD for quite long time. Funny thing is I can clone my original (1TB) drive to another 3.5 inch without any problems, but could not succeed cloning to Samsung  EVO and Pro. After start would get booth error etc.

There have been write-ups about this, basically most posts said - it cannot be done. Some guys recommended Crucial SSD ......... saying this is the only drive could work.

I have contacted Samsung and was told that the issue is with cloning software, cloning software guys said - Samsung drive is at fault. I have tried few cloning software including Acronis, Aomei, Macrium Reflect, Drive Clone etc. all attempts failed.

Reading one of the forums someone recommend EaseUS Todo Backup Free ... and to my surprise cloning worked - I have cloned original drive to Samsung EVO 1Tb (sector by sector - there are two options in the software , do not remember exactly what the second is - if you try select both) - and for the last 3 days everything is working as a charm.

If someone would want to try, please let me/us know if I am just being lucky or the issue is with cloning software. I will monitor and let you know if my luck will continues.

Regards

All Replies

Fisp
Not Ranked
Denmark
75 Posts
Bronze Member
Fisp replied on Mon, Feb 15 2021 9:34 AM

I’m trying this out as well, currently copying the original hdd to a Sandisk SSD using an offline clone device.

Any idea how long time the cloning process will take? 

Fisp
Not Ranked
Denmark
75 Posts
Bronze Member
Fisp replied on Mon, Feb 15 2021 1:07 PM

Cloning lasted about 4 hours.

Installed and running in no time at all.

This upgrade is definitely worth the time and money.

Reading through forums here has been a great help. Thanks to all.

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
481 Posts
Gold Member
Yes - thumbs up

I absolutely agree.
Lewishw
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

I have managed to perform this upgrade using a "Yucun" brand 512GB SSD and Marcium Reflect. Theoretically any SSD would work as long as it has the same amount or more space on it. i.e. a 500GB SSD would not work with a 512GB Hard disk, which is why I specifically looked for 512GB SSD.

The software just transferred everything from one drive to the other and took approximately 5 hours to read the information and a few minutes to write to the information.

The system starts up in seconds instead of minutes and is a lot quieter and cooler, it also seems to be smoother when scrolling. Please message me if you would like any help, it would even be possible to repair existing hard disk failures or errors to get the system up and running again.

gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
331 Posts
Bronze Member
gerard replied on Sat, Jul 31 2021 11:45 PM
Lewishw:

Theoretically any SSD would work as long as it has the same amount or more space on it.

I’m not sure you are right on this.

I had a crucial 1TB SSD which wasn’t recognized by the BM5. With other members we think that it’s due to modern SSD controllers not being compatible with BM5 motherboard .

Somewhere I have posted a list of SSD s having the same controller as the first 500GB SSDs from Crucial which were working fine.
gerard
Top 200 Contributor
Luxembourg
331 Posts
Bronze Member
Lewishw:

I have managed to perform this upgrade using a "Yucun" brand 512GB SSD

Could you please give the exact name of the Yucun SSD, complete detailed Model name.

Because not every model of a same brand is compatible, as for the Crucial:

MX300 is OK

MX500 does not work.
Page 7 of 7 (96 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL