Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beolit 15 aux input

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,071 Posts
Bronze Member
leosgonewild posted on Sun, Oct 9 2016 11:38 AM
I have a Chromecast connected to my Beolit 15.

If I power down the Beolit 15, Ican still hear the music that is being played from the Chromecast.

Can somebody check if their Beolit 15 still produces sound if it is turned off and has a active aux source connected to it?

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,071 Posts
Bronze Member
And the powercord is also connected.
TheGee
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by TheGee

I use a chromecast too, and find when on AC Power, the Beolit 15 amplifies when On, with Bluetooth input selected, but no Bluetooth music being sent.  Could this be cross Chanel signal issue of inputs? If it is I'm not sure it could be fixed with software/firmware update.

Irvine
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Silver Member
Irvine replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 1:15 AM

I have also had this problem through the AUX input.   Not only that, when I play music through Chromecast audio the quality is very low Fidelity. I have tried replacing the 3.5 mm cord with little success. Is that input just low fidelity or is there another problem?   The Bluetooth signal and the sound quality are far superior than 3.5 mm input. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Ulrike
Top 500 Contributor
Germany
142 Posts
Bronze Member
Ulrike replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 8:40 AM

Which source and OS are you using?

In case of Android you can try installing Bubbleupnp and playing  your music from here.

You will need to activate "automatically transcoding" before!

If it all works flawlessly (mostly the sound is better too) and the music stops like it should, you will know that it's a faulty implementation of Chromecast by your streaming service. Had the same thing with Qobuz for a week or so, reported it to Qobuz customer service and they fixed it quickly.

If Bubbleupnp doesn't work, this must be an issue with B&O software and should be reported to B&O customer service.

Irvine
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Silver Member
Irvine replied on Fri, Jul 27 2018 9:35 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I’m using Apple iOS. I spent a couple of hours with Google and they were able to show me that their device is working properly. I’ve been had bang and Olufsen’s service department get on the line and they had me reset the software back to factory default on the Beolit 15. It didn’t really solve the problem, but the music sounds a little bit better. Still pretty muddy and the high ranges are not what they should be. I think I’m just going to wind up living with it. 

Irvine
Not Ranked
48 Posts
Silver Member

New question on the same topic. AirPlay two has now come out. The fidelity is a lot better and it is much more stable. How do I get an airplay two signal into my Beolit 15? Do I need to get an older Apple airport express second generation? What is the best way?

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
2,071 Posts
Bronze Member
Your guess is the correct answer Big Smile
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL