Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 455 Replies | 14 Followers

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,576 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
41 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

Sneak
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Sneak replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:40 AM

To my knowledge no, TPVision provides HW and essentials, but custom BNO part is done in India. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,272 Posts
Bronze Member

Sneak:

That's what you get when you move your development to India - clear example with new BVs and Moment.

There is no 'development' in India.

B&O used (probably no more) software engineers in India to write the codes after the 'job' was done in Struer.

That is a time consuming task and was probably cheaper done in India.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Keith Saunders
Top 25 Contributor
Little Ann, Hampshire, United Kingdom
5,162 Posts
Founder

Millemissen:

B&O used (probably no more) software engineers in India to write the codes after the 'job' was done in Struer.

No matter where the software is developed, it remains the responsibility of the B&O Project Manager and their Quality Assurance team to ensure the software meets minimum standards and is "Fit for Purpose"

All software will have bugs, BUT all the basic functions and usability must be "Fit for Purpose" which clearly the previous and this update are not. 

Regards Keith....

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,114 Posts
Bronze Member

Do we know yet how the backlight works on the new models? Is it just a one - global zone backlight on the new Avant 55? 

Sandyb
Top 75 Contributor
1,435 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 12:38 PM

isn't it the same panel as the BV14-55? i.e. back lit with global dimming?

much as i wasnt wowed by the PQ initially, things have definitely got better with the update.......still stability issues, which have been well documented.....

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,272 Posts
Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

Millemissen:

No matter where the software is developed, it remains the responsibility of the B&O Project Manager and their Quality Assurance team to ensure the software meets minimum standards and is "Fit for Purpose"

All software will have bugs, BUT all the basic functions and usability must be "Fit for Purpose" which clearly the previous and this update are not. 

You are quite right, of cource!

My post was just to state, that these things aren't 'developed' somewhere in the wild - but in Struer.

As I have understood it, there has been a change there - more of the SW-coding is now done in DK/Struer.

It is much easier to handle the 'problems', then.

I would not expect wonders yet, though - they have plenty of 'quality problems' to deal with for time being.

MM

Sneak
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Sneak replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 1:31 PM

There's no point in arguing about something you don't know. BNO uses outsourcing, some of the components are done in Struer, some major parts in India.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
489 Posts
Founder

Sneak:

There's no point in arguing about something you don't know. BNO uses outsourcing, some of the components are done in Struer, some major parts in India.

Bottom line.. the Quality Controle & Testing well below B&O's standards

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

If the software was developed in India it would most probably work a lot better seeing as that is the global hotspot for talented programmers.

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Feb 8 2017 6:05 AM

Actually, programmers there may be talented but nevertheless it often appears that the outsourcing does not work and not only B&O is an example. Maybe, communication is an issue somehow.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,272 Posts
Bronze Member

Sneak:

You seem to know!

Tell us more, then.

MM

CarJen
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
CarJen replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 3:12 PM

Beovision Horizon returned now to my local dealer. They really tried to give me a great offer on BV11, respect for that and giving full refund after 6 months. But the price and the outdated technology vs. what I could get in an recent LG OLED was not comparable. Ended up with an M5, H9 and an awesome LG OLED. Never Android again, that's for sure.

Peter the Biker
Top 100 Contributor
Eastwestfalia
858 Posts
Gold Member

Hopefully looking forward to a software update (maybe 10th week according to my dealer) I still consider a BeoVison Horizon 48" ...

Peter the biker

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member

@CarJen, enjoy your LG OLED. I had a curved one before I switched back to B&O.

I still love the sight of my Horizon, it is gorgeous to look at whether it is switched on or off. It is a beauty.

Picture quality has improved significantly with the last update, more black than blue but it will never be OLED quality.

I have less bugs, so i guess we are moving in the right direction.

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
613 Posts
Gold Member

CarJen:

Beovision Horizon returned now to my local dealer. They really tried to give me a great offer on BV11, respect for that and giving full refund after 6 months. But the price and the outdated technology vs. what I could get in an recent LG OLED was not comparable. Ended up with an M5, H9 and an awesome LG OLED. Never Android again, that's for sure.

Shame, but I understand your decision as I am faced with the same choice and also find myself drawn more to an LG OLED. I don't know whether to wait until later in the year to see if B&O bring out an OLED or to just go ahead and buy the LG. I can leave it a few more months as I am completing on a new property so not ready quite yet, but it is frustrating not to have an easy decision to just go with B&O. If there is a 30% price reduction, as suggested in another thread for the next B&O tv then that could definitely sway my decision, assuming it works that is!

Current products: BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, A1

Page 18 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL