Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 455 Replies | 14 Followers

Guy
Top 50 Contributor
Buckinghamshire
1,566 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
41 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
Sjengie:

also has anybody succeeded connecting a wireless speaker like the new beosound 1?

it is supposed to be one of the features but we are waiting patiently

Do you mean connecting a BS1 with your TV? So you could use it as a rear speaker or?
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
12,209 Posts
Bronze Member

I am sure, that he means connect using NL in order to 'see' and use the sources of the BS1 on the tv and vice versa.

It is not possible to use the BS1 as a rear speaker.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Extankerman
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

Lots of bugs, even after the update of 31 January. This evening, I experienced two occurrences of the TV shutting itself down and rebooting through the 'Android' screen, via the grey 'Location' screen and the Apple TV screen saver. Also, various pop-up messages for no apparent reason. The new BBC iPlayer App is slow to start up, too, the Guide is still slow to build and various functions that should be smooth are jerky, such as the shut-down curtains. Not impressed!

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Sat, Feb 4 2017 7:35 AM

Extankerman:

Lots of bugs, even after the update of 31 January. This evening, I experienced two occurrences of the TV shutting itself down and rebooting through the 'Android' screen, via the grey 'Location' screen and the Apple TV screen saver. Also, various pop-up messages for no apparent reason. The new BBC iPlayer App is slow to start up, too, the Guide is still slow to build and various functions that should be smooth are jerky, such as the shut-down curtains. Not impressed!

However there is progress. The picture quality is better (and the side effects of the picture processing are much less). Stability issues are less. At least my Beoremote One BT has not lost connection since the update. However, we are not there yet (bass management, bug in programmable in buttons, Android pop ups every now and then, ....).

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member
Does anyone have the BV14 40 inches?

Is this having the same issues ?
CarJen
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member

6 days in and SW issues continues :-( - recorded Super Bowl on external HDD, but despite I have reported this issue earlier to B&O, then the recording stopped after 40 min. The Horizon shows that 5hrs recording is done, but playback not possible. Other bugs also found, and I think it's time to return it to the dealer. 

seethroughyou
Top 150 Contributor
UK
675 Posts
Silver Member
Always loved B&O televisions but with all these software problems absolutely never again. They should have stuck with their own operating system no matter how basic than move to Android. These 240 plus postings send a shiver down my spine - I know that TVs aren't massively profitable but the way B&O are carrying on they'll be lucky the don't loose this division completely. For all its faults which were few my Bv4 just worked.
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,285 Posts
Bronze Member
The LG based TVs can't come soon enough. A debacle No - thumbs down

Beovision Eclipse, BeoLab 17,Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
115 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 5:55 AM

This morning the first complete Android crash since the update was installed. But at least my Beoremote One BT has not lost connection anymore.Smile 

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,301 Posts
Bronze Member

Chris Townsend:
The LG based TVs can't come soon enough. A debacle No - thumbs down

I wonder if anyone has considered how much this has actually damaged the brand and the brand value?  If that was my work place someones heads would have rolled and likely the department

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
462 Posts
Founder

1st post update crash.

Yesterday evening.. was watching TV.. Out of the blue the electronic curtain closes, speakers are turned off; green light on top of the turns on. TV does not respond to remote.

Unplugged the TV from the mains for 30min; plugged it back in.. blinking red light (normal after power has been cut).. At first TV is unresponsive to the remote... After a couple of times pressing the TV/Telenet (my settopbox) the TV is responding; could enter my pin-code and TV turns on, speakers turn on...

*oeps*

Karel.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,167 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:00 AM

No joking, but this is really an awful period for B&O and its dealers.

Colliding with massive software problems, less good quality control on TVs. The list build up...

Been last week a couple of hours at my dealers shop and he spend about one hour answering call's from customer(s) who had problems with the install of a sound or tv product they had bought.

And if this is still not enough. With Broadband providers who install their wireless routers somewhere at the far end end of your house, dealers has to assist customers on a lot of problems depending on bad wireless coverage. 

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
462 Posts
Founder

Chris:

And if this is still not enough. With Broadband providers who install their wireless routers somewhere at the far end end of your house, dealers has to assist customers on a lot of problems depending on bad wireless coverage. 

THAT is a major problem for dealers! Basicly the dealers today are squized between the software problems and network problems. Both of which they have not control at all :-( :-(

Anyway... forwarded my crash of last night to BeoCare with my dealer in CC knowing that he can't do anything about it except additional pressure on Struer..

Karel.

Sneak
Not Ranked
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Sneak replied on Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:17 AM

That's what you get when you move your development to India - clear example with new BVs and Moment.

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
462 Posts
Founder

Sneak:

That's what you get when you move your development to India - clear example with new BVs and Moment.

If I'm not mistaken then the software for the BV is (partially?) developed in Belgium (TP Vision)

Karel.

Page 17 of 31 (456 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL