Beoplay H5 Issues

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

bryce3103
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
bryce3103 posted on Fri, Oct 7 2016 4:04 PM

I've had these earphones for a couple of weeks now and I really want to like them, but I'm having some problems and wanted to see if anybody is having the same ones. First, the battery seems to be really poor, I wish I could get the even half of the 5 hours quoted by B&O. I use them with the volume at about 85%, and I'm lucky to see 2 hours before the dreaded 50% volume drop. Is there a workaround this? (other than using them at 50% all the time). The second issue I'm having is call quality of the mic, but the problem is for whoever I call, as it picks up a massive amount of background noise. Are these problems for all H5's or am I unlucky and have a dud pair? Thanks for any help guys

All Replies

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
257 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Sun, Oct 9 2016 12:28 AM

To check battery i would let them run entirely dry and see, dropping after 2 hours to 50% could be about right.

Backround noise I havent noticed, but sofar my environments weren't that noisy to be honest.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,205 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Oct 9 2016 8:53 AM
I've got a bit less than 2.5 hours out of mine at about 75% volume before they drop to low battery volume level.
Roy
Not Ranked
The Netherlands
37 Posts
Bronze Member
Roy replied on Sun, Oct 9 2016 9:10 AM

Hi guys, 

To me the H5's are for running/training. As I don't train longer than 2,5 hours it is not a problem to me. I can see the problem when you don't use the H5's for training though. I used the H5's for calling also, but mostly when I'm running in the forest where it is pretty quiet. 

Regards, 
Roy 

BeoVision Horizon ● BeoLab 14 Subwoofer ● B&O Play A9 ● Beolit 15 ● B&O Play H8 ● B&O Play H5

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
1,873 Posts
Bronze Member

Problem solved Big Smile

I use mine for training (1-1,5hours) and the occasional bus ride. Always charge them when I get home, and I have my portable charger in the bag if I need extra juice.

bryce3103
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks for your help guys. I ended up taking them to B&O and they said they were faulty and to return them. Hopefully the next pair will be better

Yazes86
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Yazes86 replied on Tue, Dec 20 2016 11:51 AM

Hello! Please help me understand. I can not find the multipoint function on headphones Beoplay H5. I want to connect two phones to them.

In addition, I can not find how to update the firmware of headphones. The manual states that this is possible, but I could not find.

Thanks in advance!

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,012 Posts
Gold Member
I recently noticed that tone settings are not preserved after a power off, is it the case for other users? I think it is a consequence of the latest firmware upgrade

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

tommydee
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
tommydee replied on Fri, Jan 11 2019 12:00 PM

mbolo01:
I recently noticed that tone settings are not preserved after a power off, is it the case for other users? I think it is a consequence of the latest firmware upgrade

Recently got my H5s and I have the same issue. Sent a ticket to B&O support, awaiting response. Did you solve your issue? If so, how? 

Cheers,

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,012 Posts
Gold Member

I opened a ticket (Ticket # 2058381) last July, they ack the issue and said that engineering will have a look at it. No news since .... I sent them a reminder.

In the meantime, I'm setting the tone each time I power it up.

I'll keep you posted in this thread.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL