rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 31 Replies | 0 Followers

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal posted on Sat, Oct 1 2016 7:54 PM

I've got an Essence Gen 2 with an Essence Table Remote. This morning I came downstairs and began listening to music triggered by the BeoPlay App. I sat down in my chair and attempted to adjust the volume with the Essence Table remote. Nothing happened. I pressed the solid circle to pause the music, nothing happened. I thought the batteries were dead, so I replaced the AAA batteries in the Essence remote. Tried again, nothing. so I thought I might want to re-pair the remote. I opened up beosetup app and removed the paired remote from the Essence in the hopes that I could start fresh. Removed the remote, and used Essence manual to re-pair the remote, it didn't work. I used the steps outlined in the Table Remote Manual, it didn't work. I even tried to use the steps outlined in the "how to pair with an A6 or A9, but for the essence, by opening up the Beosetup app and initiating pairing from there, it didn't work.

I have confirmed that the Essence remote is set up correctly by checking the mode, LED A flashes which means it is not paired to anything.

I believe the fault is either something I'm doing incorrectly, or with the Table remote. When the blue pairing light behind my Essence box is flashing blue. I press and hold the top dot on the Essence and according to the manuals it should begin to flash. What happens is that the LED blinks for a split second rather than flashing. If I keep the dot held down, it keeps doing the same thing. blinks for a split second, pause with no led, and blinks again for a split second. If I remove my finder from the dot, it flashes every second. All the while the Essence's blue pairing light keeps flashing solid blue. Not even an orange.

Is there a way to perhaps factory reset the Essence Remote? Do I have to maybe factory reset the Essence to see if that'll work?

What am I doing wrong? Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
145 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sal
Hi Sal, I recently had exactly the same thing - and I mean exactly. I took the remote into my dealers and they tested it without any problems and they kept it for a few days. So I knew it wasn't the remote. We agreed I should then try resetting my essence (using beosetup, select product->settings->reset) and re paired the remote (again using the app). I then turned it off and on again - to check, and it all worked fine again and has done now for the last couple of weeks. So yes that should work.

To flow this on, I recently had an engineer from dealers around to price up horizon install - he asked how the remote was - he also noticed my router is not far from the essence (less than 1 metre) and said that the the problem was probably that their was something else on my router using the same wavelength the remote and essence were trying to use (I didn't know this about Bluetooth) and the reset and re pairing would have changed that wavelength - I'm still not sure, but he seemed confident. My router hasn't been turned off during this either. Hope this helps?

All Replies

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Mon, Oct 10 2016 3:56 PM

Thanks for your answer, Elephant!

Now that you're back to having a paired remove, do you find that IR is far more responsive than bluetooth? (I'm still contemplating IR as a convenient, set it and forget it alternative to Bluetooth for my Essence Remote).

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
elephant replied on Tue, Oct 11 2016 11:35 AM
Sal:

Thanks for your answer, Elephant!

Now that you're back to having a paired remove, do you find that IR is far more responsive than bluetooth? (I'm still contemplating IR as a convenient, set it and forget it alternative to Bluetooth for my Essence Remote).

I'll do so structured tests. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe the weekend.

BeoNut since '75

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
302 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Wed, Oct 12 2016 5:44 PM

well, i just installed the eye! seems to work well with the nice effect to have a second remote on the wall, lol. haven't checked it with the remotes 1 and 4 so far. and, Sal, as I mentioned above: I got the eye for free as a workaround to solve my problems with the bluetooth connection. thanks again

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

beo4me
Not Ranked
Germany
27 Posts
Bronze Member
beo4me replied on Mon, Oct 31 2016 2:15 PM

I have found this article through search. Helped me solve my identical problem as well. Thanks for that.

Cheers,
Frank aka beo4me 

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Nov 11 2016 2:48 PM

My Remote was unpaired again and I had to reset everything to resolve the issue. I wonder what happened that caused this to occur again. At least this time I knew what to do.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Sal:

My Remote was unpaired again

So has mine Sad

BeoNut since '75

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
145 Posts
Bronze Member
Strange, mine still working fine
egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
302 Posts
Bronze Member
egges replied on Sat, Nov 12 2016 11:00 AM

sadly enough for you but, with my experiences, not really surprising me. i'm interested in what your dealers will tell you because it isn't acceptable at all to reboot every six weeks or so the whole bunch. just to remind you: i've got an IR-eye for free as an official workaround

best wishes

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2, BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones, timecapsule, watch)

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sat, Nov 12 2016 7:11 PM

egges:
just to remind you: i've got an IR-eye for free as an official workaround

Yeah, i recall that. In my case though, this is only the second time this has happened. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, if it happens one more time, I'll definitely give my dealer a call and see if they'll be gracious like yours was to you. Thanks!

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
145 Posts
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Sun, Nov 13 2016 12:37 PM
I spoke too soon - this morning my essence had done something overnight, random tunein station selected and remote wasn't working (again). Like you say, easy to fix now we know how, but very frustrating.

It seriously makes me wonder if Linn, Naim etc users have the same problems with there streamers/multi room.
badgersurf
Top 150 Contributor
529 Posts
Gold Member

After several resets my Bluetooth remote only seems to pair now for a few minutes  at a time then looses the connection. In the setup app it shows that the remote is paired.

I have tried new batteries, resetting and cursing at it all don't seem to work. The distance from the essence to the remote is 2.5 meters and nothing else has changed

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Thu, Dec 8 2016 4:32 PM

badgersurf:

After several resets my Bluetooth remote only seems to pair now for a few minutes  at a time then looses the connection. In the setup app it shows that the remote is paired.

I have tried new batteries, resetting and cursing at it all don't seem to work. The distance from the essence to the remote is 2.5 meters and nothing else has changed

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Maybe you're in the same predicament as egges, that is something is interfering with the connection.

christophe67
Not Ranked
Haute Savoie, France
37 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post (sorry)

christophe67
Not Ranked
Haute Savoie, France
37 Posts
Bronze Member

Double post (sorry)

christophe67
Not Ranked
Haute Savoie, France
37 Posts
Bronze Member

hello

FYI, I ran into the same pairing issue between essence remote and A6.

I did a factory reset on the A6 and the BT seems to be stable now. Before, it lost pairing overnight ...

Christophe

Page 2 of 3 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL