rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

abeBranson
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
abeBranson posted on Wed, Sep 28 2016 5:47 PM

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum, and to the world of B&O as well. I intend to change that though, and therefore I'm here to ask for some advice.

Fell in love with the Beosystem 5500, and found one for a reasonable price. It comes with the huge beolab pentas and thats were I'll need some help. 

1. Will these speakers still work properly after 30 something years? What can be done if they aren't? 

2. Can the Beosystem drive other active speakers from the B&O range, say the beolab 6000 or beolab 4000? The Pentas are indeed large, and they will probably take up most of my living space why I might be forced to downsize;)

3. I listen to mostly CD, vinyl and occasionally spotify through a chrome cast audio (It does have an RCA aux right?) Am I looking at the right product here, or will I be better of looking at something else?

All responds are more than welcome! Have a good day!

Adam 

All Replies

leosgonewild
Top 50 Contributor
Helsinki, Finland
2,329 Posts
Silver Member
abeBranson:

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum, and to the world of B&O as well. I intend to change that though, and therefore I'm here to ask for some advice.

Fell in love with the Beosystem 5500, and found one for a reasonable price. It comes with the huge beolab pentas and thats were I'll need some help.

1. Will these speakers still work properly after 30 something years? What can be done if they aren't?

-You will need to refoam the mid ranges.

2. Can the Beosystem drive other active speakers from the B&O range, say the beolab 6000 or beolab 4000? The Pentas are indeed large, and they will probably take up most of my living space why I might be forced to downsize;)

-yes, through the rca output. (But the Pentax's

3. I listen to mostly CD, vinyl and occasionally spotify through a chrome cast audio (It does have an RCA aux right?) Am I looking at the right product here, or will I be better of looking at something else?

-you need a 3,5mm connector to 5-pin connector. Steve from sounds heavenly has what you need.

All responds are more than welcome! Have a good day!

Adam

There are also a lot of treads on how to repair Pentas. Enjoy your system. (Stay away from the 6000's. they are bad)

"You think we can slap some oak on this thing?"

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL