rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 0 Followers

etype76
Top 500 Contributor
Tokyo, Japan
74 Posts
Bronze Member
etype76 posted on Thu, Sep 22 2016 9:22 AM

I wondered how many of you own pets that freely roam your home. It can be a challenge to have nice stuff when having pets. We got a miniature dachshund in Feb and he's a real charmer. Luckily, the speakers are wall mounted and the Beogram is out of his reach. He has tried to chew a few LPs, I managed to hear the plastic cover rustling and stop him before he got through to the record cover. Sadly, a pair of Toms wasn't so lucky. Today, cleaning the bathroom, I opened the door and stepped out and wondered where the bathmat had gone...he'd snuck it away into the living room. Basically, anything that happens, is down to the owner's negligence, my fault for leaving the record cabinet open, or my shoes around. 

Anyone ever lost any B&O stuff to claws or teeth?

All Replies

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
11,915 Posts
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, Sep 25 2016 3:36 PM

Apart from the scaphoid! Not a good bone to break! Hope it is mending ok.

Peter

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 4:56 PM

Well it's been a month or so since I posted on this but I came back today to find that my little boy (2yo next month) had decided that my BV7 was a nice canvas for his yellow crayon.  As I said though, this was a quick repair, a paper towel for the screen and a nailbrush to get the wax out of the speaker fret.

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,450 Posts
Bronze Member

Pets?

you want to see the beo4 for our TV. The children don't really treat it wth the respect it deserves! Well, it's a bit chipped , anyway.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Calvin
Top 500 Contributor
162 Posts
Bronze Member
Calvin replied on Fri, Oct 28 2016 8:39 PM

I do think that after all this, perhaps my conclusions are that

1) There are plenty B&O owners who own pets and/or small children

2) The current range (when not wall mounted, which is not an option when renting) is susceptible to very expensive damage whereas many items in the past were repairable if not impregnable

I especially do wish they got round to offering a floor mounted television that was toddlerproof. The new one with the wooden speaker thing is lovely, if you could get that in, for instance, adonised metal with a hint of colour I'd likely buy one on the day of release.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Toddler proof was a design point for the BV8 but I am not going to risk it Surprise

My 1.5 yo granddaughter has patted the diaphragm of the bl19 a couple of times while I have bit my tongue and ground my teeth Stick out tongue

I work on the assumption that if you call attention to something it becomes a child magnet for months if not years Big Smile

BeoNut since '75

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,450 Posts
Bronze Member

The ability to wall-mount the equipment has always been a good way that B&O items are protected. My children are 10 and 14 and that's a lot younger than our Century which they've hardly ever touched. In fact, when the thing was new we had guests at a party trying to open the glass door manually. It survived. 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,450 Posts
Bronze Member

The M5 and its resemblance to a cats scratching post reminded me of this thread. 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Simonbeo:

The M5 and its resemblance to a cats scratching post reminded me of this thread.

LaughingLaughingLaughing

BeoNut since '75

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
New kitten morphing into a cat is proving to be a menace !

Especially when she abseiled down the BeoVision 8.

I rewarded her; and placed an order for the Eclipse (just joking)

BeoNut since '75

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Sep 3 2017 7:26 PM

Tiny speaker or large cat? This is Pippa, a new addition to our family. Her big sister Fiona did not wish to have her photo taken.

Both Pippa and Fiona don't really pay attention to the B&O around the house. Thank goodness.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
8,218 Posts
Founder
Lovely shot of Pippa

Here is the miscreant

(( you will have to imagine it ))

BeoNut since '75

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL