rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 20 Replies | 1 Follower

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,208 Posts
Bronze Member
koning posted on Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:45 AM

Can we expect a new beosound in the nearby future?

Any rumours?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Alen

"What do you think this new main system should do or how it should be setup?"

What i have analyzed in many topics:

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- There should be a drive, which can play all formats, from vinyl record to 4K HDR Disks - oh we need video out too (don't forget SCART and HDMI 6.73)

- Produced in Denmark

Of course it must not cost more than €429, otherwise an iPad mini 4 is much better.....

P.S.: Don't take this comment too serious

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,099 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes, the BeoSound 2.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,208 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:52 AM

No,I mean a complete new mainsystem

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,099 Posts
Bronze Member

In a NL-setup there is no 'mainsystem'.

I guess you will have to get used to the B&O definition of a BeoSound nowadys.

I am not sure there will be another BeoSound without included speaker beside the BS Essence 2nd gen (and the BS Moment).

Today a lot of people use their BV as a sound system as well.

MM

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
4,208 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:07 PM

I think that many dealers are waiting for a serious soundsystem from B&O.

BeoBoy68
Top 75 Contributor
Alsace 🇨🇵
1,244 Posts
Bronze Member
koning:

I think that many dealers are waiting for a serious soundsystem from B&O.

Me too as consumer Yes - thumbs up

I am waiting for a new compact iconic sound system like this Big Smile

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 6:24 PM

Millemissen:

In a NL-setup there is no 'mainsystem'.

I guess you will have to get used to the B&O definition of a BeoSound nowadys.

I am not sure there will be another BeoSound without included speaker beside the BS Essence 2nd gen (and the BS Moment).

Today a lot of people use their BV as a sound system as well.

MM

Although disappointing to some of us, I'm afraid MM might be right. The fact that B&O have labeled the BS 1 & 2 as "Beosounds" doesn't bode well for those of us who are awaiting something "new" in the sans-speaker Beosound department. Although I would have to disagree with MM in that there is no "main-system in an NL-setup." Technically that might be true, but I think intuitively one would think of a BV, or Moment, or something similar to be the "Main" system. I'd think of a main system to be one which does not move, or is not portable. But then again, as I've said in other threads, I might need to go back into my old-man corner again. LOL

Carolpa
Top 75 Contributor
1,360 Posts
Bronze Member

Sal:
I'd think of a main system to be one which does not move, or is not portable

Moment, Essence mkii, Beoplay A9, Beoplay A6, Beosound 35.

And MM is correct: there is no main system anymore. All have and can have the same function in a NL system.

One can have a more iconic or sophisticated system and call it "main" system, but with NL, all audio systems are "equal"! 

this is, although portable,  also true for the BS1 & BS2

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Bronze Member
linder replied on Sun, Sep 18 2016 10:06 PM

koning:

No,I mean a complete new mainsystem

What do you think this new main system should do or how it should be setup?  I am asking because I agree with you but I am not sure what it should be.  It should play all of the music file formats in use today including DSD.  I would also like streaming from Apple Music, Amazon, Spotify and others.  Should there be a CD player included?  As for the design, I think something like the Beocenter 9500.  I am not a fan of wood on the newer devices.

Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Alen

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- There should be a drive, which can play all formats, from vinyl record to 4K HDR Disks - oh we need video out too (don't forget SCART and HDMI 6.73)

- Produced in Denmark

Of course it must not cost more than €429, otherwise an iPad mini 4 is much better.....

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,099 Posts
Bronze Member

....and it must be voicecontrolled (in danish, of course)!

MM

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,621 Posts
Gold Member
Haha. You have a GSOH :-)
Brigantinus
Top 500 Contributor
140 Posts
Bronze Member

MM tztztztztz..., in ALL of the ~ 6500 languages 

:D

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 10:52 AM

If there is NO  'main system' coming anymore, and the use will be from several 'sub' systems in future:

- I suggest to B&O that they made it possible to command every 'sub' system from any remote and not just purely the from the new BT One remote.

- Finally make a more user friendly BeoMusic app and make this useable on Android.

Some more points?

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,514 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:02 AM
Brigantinus:

- It should look like the BS5 with touchscreen capabilities but fingerprint resistant,

- It should be possible to read all media file types ever invented, all streaming solutions have to be in the system integrated, high res files are most importantly to be played, because the BL90s need just the best.

- All "INs and OUTs" that were common in the last 40 years and are still in development.

- Produced in Denmark

Big SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig SmileBig Smile
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL