rated by 0 users
This post has 59 Replies | 1 Follower

seethroughyou
Top 100 Contributor
UK
Posts 956
Bronze Member
seethroughyou Posted: Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:39 PM
Given the release of two recent TVs not to wide acclaim here, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the best TV ever made by B&O and why you still hold on to it or miss it even now.

Present: BL90, Moment, Core, BL6000, CD7000, 7000, Essence Remote.

Past: BL1, BL2, BL8000, BS9000, BL5, BC2, BS5, BV5, BV4-50, Beosystem 3, BL3, DVD1, Beoremote 4.

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 511
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:42 PM
seethroughyou:

Given the release of two recent TVs not to wide acclaim here, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the best TV ever made by B&O and why you still hold on to it or miss it even now.

Well having seen both 14 and horizon thought both are stunning particularly horizon 40 which seems very good value amazing build

Got to see it in the flesh
Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 906
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 3:18 PM

I've loved all the B&O TV's I've had but design wise for me it was the Beovision 3502 - I had one on a trumpet stand and it had a great picture - but that was a long time ago - next up Beovision Avant 32RF CRT. I wish I hadn't sold my 3502 to a friend - last time I heard it was still going strong!

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
Posts 1,197
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 3:36 PM

IMHO, Avant 32 CRT.  I think it perfected the use of an already established technology (CRT), in an era where TV tech wasn't moving at nearly the breakneck pace as it is now. The design as well was revolutionary in the fact that it succeeded in making a large, awkward item easily take up perceived less space in the home. The false flat screen was pure genius. The US didn't have the DVD / VHS variants, but the TV did what it was supposed to do, and it did it with understated style and aplomb: the best picture, built in motorized stand, built like a tank, amazing array of input options. Looking back on it, it was a downright value for being the Rolls Royce of televisions. 

Coming in at a close second was the Beovision 5. Iconic design, plasma technology (again established at the time), I think the Avant, BV5, and BS9000, will go down as three masterpieces which even to this day can stand the test of time in terms of quality, design, and performance for their age.

Paul W
Top 75 Contributor
London
Posts 1,810
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 3:42 PM

Liking a TV is a bit sad so it's got to be BV10 as it is based on a Marc Rothko art design. Philips and Loewe also produce similar designs. It didn't work for the BV9 as its huge size made it look completely vulgar. 

I'd allow a BV10 40 with a orange fret in my house but no other B&O TV apart from maybe a white V1 which is years ahead of its time design wise and a BV11. 

Worse ever design has to be the BV8. Just plain wrong.

But remember guys, TV is responsible for A LOT of obesity in the world. It's truly making people fat and incredibly unhealthy. Ditch the TV and hit the gym, go cycling, surf, take up a educational evening class, get a degree, study for a PhD, volunteer, CREATE!

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 3:51 PM
I had a MX 6000, Avant 32", BV10-40 and BV11-46.

The best of these (for my taste) is the BV11. Best picture, best sound, best for sources (usb, internet...).
Martin
Top 200 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 343
Bronze Member
Martin replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 3:56 PM

Hi,

Without hesitation - BEOVISION 7-55 MARK II. I have compared this TV with all of the Beovisions the last 10 years including the "new" Avant/BV11/BV12 and the picture-quality is outstanding on the BV 7-55 Mark II. Trust me!

I have been very close to buy a Avant - 75 and the earlier BV 12, but the 7-55 Mark II beats them all!

Have a nice weekend!

/Martin

Beovision Eclipse 65 with floorstand (from STB Brackets), Beolab 50 front, Beolab 3 rear, 2 x Beoplay A6 linkrooms, 2xBeoremote one BT, Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beosound 5, Philips Hue (all lights in the home), Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV 4K. Beoremote HALO (new), 3xBeoplay Charging pad, Beoplay M5 (new)

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,417
Bronze Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 4:02 PM
Paul, after work, sport and when the kids are in bed a tv session is great.

On the hot or rainy week-ends a movie with the kids on tv it's also great.

I work on a computer almost all day long, watching tv is an other (much better) experience.

Sad tv, obesity, that's not serious.

I'm on vacation since two weeks without my beloved BV11, I'm cycling/swiming/walking every day and getting fat. Why ? Sauternes whine, beers, ciders, ice creams and tapas. No tv involved.
The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 798
Gold Member

BeoVision AV900 was for me a set that redefined the overall look, feel and performance of 'standard' television as we knew it at that time.

Subsequent groundbreaking designs have been the BeoVision Avant 32 RF DVD, the BeoVision 5, the BeoVision 7 and BeoVision 8. I see these designs as game changers with all other sets following on from these designs; the BeoVision 9 being the successor to the BeoVision 5 for example and the current set I own. In my opinion, the BeoVision 10 and BeoVision 11 sets are also successors to the original BeoVision 5 design, albeit it slimmer versions.

I do not see the current BeoVision Avant as groundbreaking although the table stand (only) I do. Combined, that might have been enough to sway me to buy but only with an OLED screen and HDR compatibility offered as well, otherwise outdated too quickly.

The CD/DVD mechanism was groundbreaking on the BeoVision 7 and so brilliantly thought out and executed. I owned the Mark III 7-40 version for several years before changing to the BeoVision 9.

I thought the BeoVision 8 was a very clever little design in its own way but was always put off by the panel technology, which of course was nothing to do with B&O. Very neat design though, minimalist and very striking.

If I had to choose an overall winner it would probably be the BeoVision 5 even though I never actually bought it and waited for the BeoVision 7 instead. Though I preferred the design of the BeoVision 5 its limited technical capabilities and socket options prevented me from ever buying one, even the later 720p HD ready version, which shows for some of us how important it actually is to release an up to date set, specifically in relation to the HDR discussions in other current threads. I am usually always a heart over head person but when push comes to shove and I am paying a premium, I will always want to get the best value for money and be as future proof as possible - so it really does matter when it comes to spending money, at least my own. I am not an 'in-between product' person.

Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 5:21 PM

Paul W:

Liking a TV is a bit sad so it's got to be BV10 as it is based on a Marc Rothko art design. Philips and Loewe also produce similar designs. It didn't work for the BV9 as its huge size made it look completely vulgar. 

I'd allow a BV10 40 with a orange fret in my house but no other B&O TV apart from maybe a white V1 which is years ahead of its time design wise and a BV11. 

Worse ever design has to be the BV8. Just plain wrong.

But remember guys, TV is responsible for A LOT of obesity in the world. It's truly making people fat and incredibly unhealthy. Ditch the TV and hit the gym, go cycling, surf, take up a educational evening class, get a degree, study for a PhD, volunteer, CREATE!

I actually agree with you on pretty much all you say Paul but having spent a TV-free fortnight in Tuscany I find that I'm quite capable of coping without the screen. Is it official that the Beovision is Rothko as opposed to Mondrian? 

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 14,395
Bronze Member

Lots of opportunity for 'non-olympians' not to watch tv at the moment.

Luckily it is summer (here) and I spend my free time sitting on the terrace.

Apart from that - the best B&O-tv's are those that I have in my home.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
Posts 1,169
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:54 PM

For sure the Avant CRT-32'. None could match this TV for sound, picture quality and easy of use at that time.

Now its another story, B&O is not at the forefront anymore and some other brands as LG and Loewe are competing the picture quality successfully. But looking at B&O's complete package delivered with any television they still stand on the podium. 

Design wise, I always found the BV11-40' wall mounted a jewel together with the V1-40', but I changed my mind now for the BV11/14 in black with the oak frets.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,518
Bronze Member
I don't have one, but the 12-65 is often forgotten and I'm hoping the OLED TVs look fairly similar.

First class picture, mated to a very clever sound system. I was very impressed and surprised at how good the 12-3 sounded.

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

Puncher
Top 10 Contributor
Durham
Posts 11,724
Bronze Member

It really depends on what you define as "best", performance or looks, but I bought a black  MX2000 in 1985 and for many years afterward people coming to the house used to actually ask what it was (when it was turned off). It sounds hard to believe now but people couldn't get their heads around it being a fully functional TV!!  It just looked completely sci-fi and totally different to the wooden boxes of the era whilst appearing unfeasibly slim.

Ban boring signatures!

MediaBobNY
Top 75 Contributor
Greenwich Village, NYC
Posts 1,106
Bronze Member

Simonbeo:
Is it official that the Beovision is Rothko as opposed to Mondrian?

Beovision = Rothko;  Beolab 3000/4500/5000 = Mondrian

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,698
Gold Member
Chris Townsend:

I don't have one, but the 12-65 is often forgotten and I'm hoping the OLED TVs look fairly similar.

First class picture, mated to a very clever sound system. I was very impressed and surprised at how good the 12-3 sounded.

I agree with Chris. The BV12 was the best TV that B&O ever made. I could never afford one when they were around, but I still love it today.

In terms of design, I think the V1 is the best looking TV and the best stand was the angled pedestal stand for the BV8 in the smaller sizes - just beautiful.
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 9:51 PM

Puncher:

It really depends on what you define as "best", performance or looks, but I bought a black  MX2000 in 1985 and for many years afterward people coming to the house used to actually ask what it was (when it was turned off). It sounds hard to believe now but people couldn't get their heads around it being a fully functional TV!!  It just looked completely sci-fi and totally different to the wooden boxes of the era whilst appearing unfeasibly slim.

I also have a soft spot for the MX as it belongs to the era when designers went into the modelmaking shop to construct wooden or card representations of their ideas to solve 3D problems. It reminds me of my tour of the Central School of Art in the early eighties and being shown the wood shop. This was where David Lewis studied. Just looking at the Beo4 as basically a modified piece of wooden dowel is a reminder of that era. The MX camouflaged the depth of the CRT so well, an issue nonexistent on the flat TV but made into a virtue with the way the metal plates wrap around the panel on the V1.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 906
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 10:00 PM
Yes i loved my MX4002 - i have a bv8 now and it still looks great. Dont agree at all with paul w on this one - i only watch films and after a hard days work and being out and about it is sometimes nice to get home and watch a film on it and hAve great picture And sound. I actually dont think there is beovision i dont like!
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,451
Bronze Member
Simonbeo replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 10:06 PM

The good thing about the smart TV is that you can surf (the web) on it and develop obesity!

You can do the same with an A3/IPad combo on the bedside table as the screen is very close and gives an effectively larger screen. A shame that will die with the Apple product it relies on.

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
Posts 3,698
Gold Member
Andrew:

Yes i loved my MX4002 - i have a bv8 now and it still looks great. Dont agree at all with paul w on this one - i only watch films and after a hard days work and being out and about it is sometimes nice to get home and watch a film on it and hAve great picture And sound. I actually dont think there is beovision i dont like!

The launch of the BV8 was an opportunity for a lot of customers to have a better priced B&O TV with more HDMI inputs than any at that time I believe. I did like the way that David Lewis said in the video on the BV8 that the speaker is designed to be like an orchestra pit and that all TVs have no substance, hence the chunkier design.
markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
Posts 423
Bronze Member
markiedee replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:03 PM

bv8-40, bv9-50 and the bv-12 are the tvs of choice for me would have loved to have owned any of those.

Beoplay A2

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:05 PM
IMO it has to be the Avant 28 RF DVD version. A solid and reliable set built on 7 years of evolution, the end of an era the day when CRT died. I still have a silver one available if anyone would like one!

The BV11 has been a pleasure to work with following on from the evolution of the BV10, simple things like the ease of mounting it in the wall bracket and cable entry make all of the difference.

I do not understand the fuss about HDR. How many early adopters of 4K TVs have used or even seen a benefit. I own a BV10 40 and BV 8 32 both with Sky HD locally connected and love the optimum picture available from the broadcaster. The contrast on the 14 is amazing, please see it before bemoaning B&O for not adding HDR yet, what will you even be watching in HDR???

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,518
Bronze Member
w5bno123:

IMO it has to be the Avant 28 RF DVD version. A solid and reliable set built on 7 years of evolution, the end of an era the day when CRT died. I still have a silver one available if anyone would like one!

The BV11 has been a pleasure to work with following on from the evolution of the BV10, simple things like the ease of mounting it in the wall bracket and cable entry make all of the difference.

I do not understand the fuss about HDR. How many early adopters of 4K TVs have used or even seen a benefit. I own a BV10 40 and BV 8 32 both with Sky HD locally connected and love the optimum picture available from the broadcaster. The contrast on the 14 is amazing, please see it before bemoaning B&O for not adding HDR yet, what will you even be watching in HDR???

Well, all of these I guess.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-ultra-hd-blu-ray

Just read any of the reviews of the sound and picture, to see how important HDR is.

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
Posts 578
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:57 PM
Chris Townsend:

Well, all of these I guess.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/what-is-ultra-hd-blu-ray

Just read any of the reviews of the sound and picture, to see how important HDR is. Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 9, Beolit 15, Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

And since 2004 we have been told how important HD is and it's not even broadcast as Full HD. We are then told that 3D is the next best thing...Who today buys Blu Ray discs on a weekly basis and sits down around the TV set with all of the family with a bowl of popcorn? Like music, it's all about convenience over quality so until we can all sit and watch Full 4K surfing material in an HDR standard it doesn't push me into saying I must have it, but that's simply my opinion Wink

And Chris you own a BV7 55 with arguably the best picture, how many 3D movies have you endured? Will you be rushing out to purchase a new HDR set to replace your fantastic set?
vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 511
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:01 AM
w5bno123:

That's what my dealer said and I would agree.

I am more concerned on the different tv smart platforms for the future for harmonisation purposes around the home
Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,518
Bronze Member

As I didn't buy the 7-55 for 3D movies, I think you can guess the answer.

My reply about the Blurays was simply a factual answer to a question being asked. Did you read the reviews?

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
Posts 798
Gold Member

vlohjr1:
That's what my dealer said and I would agree.

Now there's a funny thing!

Regardless of other people's opinions on the usefulness of 'X', its my opinion that matters when it comes to the point of sale, and my 'X' is HDR. If B&O make it I'll buy it, if they don't I won't, simple economics. Contrast doesn't interest me but it may interest a dealer as they try to look for a selling point on an already obsolete product. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, H95, E8, BR1, Beo4, Essence

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 8,219
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, Aug 20 2016 1:24 AM
Chris Townsend:

My reply about the Blurays was simply a factual answer to a question being asked. Did you read the reviews?

I did.

And in any case as titles I was only interested in half of them before reading the reviews.

I would like to experience the Sony approach referenced in the review of Spider-Man 2 ... a lot of my movie nostalgia does come from the grainy feel of film.

I did like the other review site which went into the details of how movie X or Y was filmed in 4K but then downgraded somewhere along the distribution chain of the transfer or edit processes.

As a semi-retiree I want my next BV to last the distance and so irregardless of content available today I want something that will continue to delight me in 2020.

So for now I'll stick with my BV8s which several in this thread have praised and as MM said, the BV you have is the best BV ever (for now).

BeoNut since '75

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,518
Bronze Member
Exactly my point. The 7-55 I have is amazing, more so when you consider its already six years old. And it's only done it by being packed with the best picture technology going for an LCD Tv, making the initial outlay more palatable.

In four years or so we will buy the mk3 of whatever is about to come out, in the mean time I need a new house down south, so all this has to go on the back burnerAngry

Mr 10Percent
Top 150 Contributor
So West, Its Now East
Posts 517
Bronze Member

Over the last 20-odd years, I’ve had the pleasure of owning the following:- ME6000, MX7000, BV Avant 32 DVD, BV 1, BV7-32, BV7-40, BV7-55, BV10-46 and the BV Avant 55 TV.

I really like my current Avant 55.

However, for real guts, I remember relocating for work once and I took the BV1 with me. Even though it was packed securely, I think the Courier threw it out of a plane without a parachute. The case and contrast screen were smashed to a million pieces inside the box.

Courier insurance paid-out for a new BV (fully-loaded with the motorised stand, and all the modules that were possible at the time) which I think was circa GBP2500 at the time.

I then had my Dealer ship me a new case and contrast screen for IIRC approx. GBP150 and everything worked! Then sold it for a very good price to an Aussie colleague.

pf85
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 284
Bronze Member
pf85 replied on Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:57 AM

Every B&O TV set is somehow unique in its respective market of its time. I remember and fondly owned the LX2802 - soldiering on for 28 year and the Avant 32 CRT. Now, BV 7-55 and BV 11-55 make TV life enjoyable. If I had to choose, I would give the accolades to the BV 7-55 as it fuses design, technology and longevity. It will still be a pleasure to watch in more than 5 years. 

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,185
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sat, Aug 20 2016 1:42 PM

For me :

Of it's time - Avant 32 RF DVD, in Black. What a TV. Seriously - way ahead of the pack.

Recent : BeoVision 7-55 Mk2. Incredible image quality and motion handling. Even by 2016 standards this is a barnstormer of a TV.

Current Range : Avant 85 showing 4k.

_____

However...  my vote goes to the BeoVision 5.  A revolution in TV design, a world class picture by 2003 standards when launched - and 13 years later, with tens of thousands of viewing hours under their belts, they still keep going!  I've never once seen a BV5 dumped, or in a repair shop, with a worn-out plasma panel.

Lee

simon8201
Not Ranked
Devon
Posts 46
Bronze Member
simon8201 replied on Sun, Aug 21 2016 11:13 AM

I agree Lee, I love my BV5 (bought from you!) and the picture quality is still superb even today. Only reason to replace it is the lack of hdmi connections (solved after a fashion with a chinese adapter) and some unfortunate marks to my plasma screen caused by gently rubbing a small spot and making it much worse! Can only really see them when it's off but annoying none the less! I love the fact that some crazy person paid £13,000 for it when new and allowed me to buy it years later for £1000!

StUrrock
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 995
Bronze Member
StUrrock replied on Sun, Aug 21 2016 7:35 PM
simon8201:

I agree Lee, I love my BV5 (bought from you!) and the picture quality is still superb . I love the fact that some crazy person paid £13,000 for it when new and allowed me to buy it years later for £1000!

Correct

The reason why Bang & Olufsen should no longer make Tvs and no longer have (maybe franchise idiots) investing hundreds of thousands in dedicated stores, encapsulated in one sentence.
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
Posts 7,185
Founder
9 LEE replied on Sun, Aug 21 2016 10:11 PM

StUrrock:
simon8201:

I agree Lee, I love my BV5 (bought from you!) and the picture quality is still superb . I love the fact that some crazy person paid £13,000 for it when new and allowed me to buy it years later for £1000!

Correct

The reason why Bang & Olufsen should no longer make Tvs and no longer have (maybe franchise idiots) investing hundreds of thousands in dedicated stores, encapsulated in one sentence.

I'm not quite following that reply if I'm honest. Huh?

What about a pair of £2,200 BeoLab 6000's making £300 on FleaBay, or a pair of £3,100 BeoLab 8000's making £650?  It all depreciates...

It's like calling Bentley dealerships stupid for selling £200,000 Bentleys that'll be worth £50,000 in 5 years, surely?

Premium products will be bought by people with premium money. Latest gadgets, latest tech (well, almost), and latest fashion. All costs money. The 'winners' are the 'normal' people who buy it once it's still fairly current and looks great value for money, of which I am one - and is the reason I started my business to serve like-minded people.

I don't think anyone investing today in a brand new B&O franchise is an idiot though.....  I'd have a much stronger word. Erm..   

There are dealers in the UK jumping into the empty shoes of closed-down franchises though, and I feel this is a brave move. I wish them well. I know I wouldn't.

Anyway - back to the topic. The BV5 is a legend in the B&O line-up and I'll always love it Smile

Premiumverum
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
Posts 114
Gold Member

I'd like to make honorable mention of the beovision 8902.

http://www.tvfilmprops.co.uk/det/1617/Bang-and-Olufson-Beovision-8902-Eighties-Television/

I used to have one as my main TV until last year. My SO and I found it started looking a bit dated. But... that was its only flaw!

Great picture, beautiful color, superb sound from the big loudspeakers, a fine remote and balanced looks. And the best? Never once in its 30 years has it been repaired and it was still going strong. Now if that is not a great TV...

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
Posts 3,518
Bronze Member
9 LEE:

I'm not quite following that reply if I'm honest.

What about a pair of £2,200 BeoLab 6000's making £300 on FleaBay, or a pair of £3,100 BeoLab 8000's making £650? It all depreciates...

It's like calling Bentley dealerships stupid for selling £200,000 Bentleys that'll be worth £50,000 in 5 years, surely?

Premium products will be bought by people with premium money. Latest gadgets, latest tech (well, almost), and latest fashion. All costs money. The 'winners' are the 'normal' people who buy it once it's still fairly current and looks great value for money, of which I am one - and is the reason I started my business to serve like-minded people.

I don't think anyone investing today in a brand new B&O franchise is an idiot though..... I'd have a much stronger word.

There are dealers in the UK jumping into the empty shoes of closed-down franchises though, and I feel this is a brave move. I wish them well. I know I wouldn't.

Anyway - back to the topic. The BV5 is a legend in the B&O line-up and I'll always love it

When I move Lee, I want you to get us a 5 Mk3 for our family room. I've just been upstairs to tell off my wife for watching the 5(up at 3am) It's still an awesome Tv.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:43 AM

I think the 8902 was probably the best picture - though I would probably sacrifice stereo for aesthetics and have the 9002. A patient gave me an 8902 which I gave to a Beoworlder some time ago!

I agree completely about the BV5 though - non HD still has a good picture and the sound is wonderful - far better than the BV10.

Peter

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,991
Founder
Peter replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:46 AM

And I should add that my wonderful BV5 came from a very well regarded re-seller of B&O, known for his generosity and sponsoring of Beoworld!!

Peter

Andrew
Top 100 Contributor
Frinton, UK
Posts 906
Bronze Member
Andrew replied on Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:45 PM

I'd forgotten about the 9002 - beautiful set - I had a 9002 and a 3502 at one time - Tim Jarman repaired both and they had excellent picture and sound at the time. The BV5 also seems to have lasted well and I'll bet there are still many Avant users out there. My first B&O TV was a brand new 7700 and I kept if for years and that was not connected to anything and just had UHF input - not even scart - funny how times have moved on.

Page 1 of 2 (60 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL