Horizon in the flesh

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 76 Replies | 2 Followers

phult
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
phult posted on Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:48 PM

Saw both the small and large horizon in the flesh in the Copenhagen store today. 

I have to say I think it is the nicest looking of all of the current tvs.  The design is the most resolved of all the models. Certainly feels premium and not cheap. 

The beovision 14 new wood frets were also on display and compared to those the horizon feels just as exclusive and I think a better design. The wood frets are not bad, but they really make sense if you have the wood frett speakers. 

From what I could gather the horizon only had two speakers (not three like the larger v1) so the sound won't match the avant or 14. 

I think this tv will be a winner. I loved the v1 (and own the of them) but it was never a real b@o tv. The vocabulary was its own thing that just didn't work with anything else being produced. 

The horizon user interface seemed ok. It took a second to get into the settings menu, but once there everything fast and fairly elegant. From what I could tell (my Danish not being great) all the audio and picture controls from the old tvs are there. 

P

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by PK

i get that occasionally.......if i turn the TV off and on again, it tends to sort itself out...

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 8:18 AM

completely agree, yes the same panel......i did have a soft spot for the Horizon, i liked the softer image.......just needed to indulge my love of the 11/14 form factor, its still so elegant after all these years....

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,607 Posts
Bronze Member

However using the same panel does not necessarily mean that both are calibrated in the same way.

I guess this is also a matter of taste (and personal adaption). Those who had a BV8 might find the picture of the Horizon more pleasant than the 'glassy' one of the BV14/11.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,578 Posts
Bronze Member
Millemissen:

However using the same panel does not necessarily mean that both are calibrated in the same way.

I guess this is also a matter of taste (and personal adaption). Those who had a BV8 might find the picture of the Horizon more pleasant than the 'glassy' one of the BV14/11.

MM

BV8-40 is glossy but has no contrast glass, where the smaller models is matte I believe (like V1-40")

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,273 Posts
Bronze Member
Saw the Horizon at Northampton today. Was not to sure online but in the flesh that TV looks amazing. Absolutely love it

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

vlohjr1
Top 150 Contributor
548 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Thu, Nov 24 2016 10:06 PM
Seanie_230:

Saw the Horizon at Northampton today. Was not to sure online but in the flesh that TV looks amazing. Absolutely love it BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

I agree it looks very modern
jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
278 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Fri, Nov 25 2016 2:20 AM

I second this, I havent seen it in the US but at Harrods in London and actually prefered the understated design over the more flashy BV14 which caught me by surprise

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,273 Posts
Bronze Member
Hello there

I tell you what the sound on the horizon was not to bad either. I am very underwhelmed with the sound from the V1-32 in fact I refuse to play any music through it in my bedroom it's that bad.

When at a store yesterday I heard music through the Horizon and it sounded alright with enough bass.

Sean

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

PK
Not Ranked
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 10:17 AM

Any news on when the multiroom is comming to the Horizon?

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
123 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 11:41 AM

The next update is scheduled for week 51. Perhaps in that update?

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 11:47 AM

was told still scheduled for early December, but who knows.....perhaps it is the week 51 that someone else suggests.......my BV12-65 got an update last night, release dated 26 October, bit weird, no idea what it has delivered........

there was an under the radar update for new Tvs (14s and Horizons i guess) for those with specific issues - but you need to contact your dealer so he can release it to your set.......havent does it yet but will, as i still have occasional sound drop outs.......

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,607 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi Sandyb,

your BSys4 probably got the same update as the V1 and the BV11 did.

This added Netradio functionallity to the setup.

MM

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
2,273 Posts
Bronze Member
I saw the Horizon again today, second viewing feeling was still looks amazing and sounds good.

Don't like the android interface it's horrid. Feels like a mobile phone OS much prefer the classic bang and Olufsen menus.

Eclipse 65
V1-32
Beosound M5
Essence MK2
BLI

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Nov 29 2016 8:25 PM

Thanks, that was my guess, but haven't explored....

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Qatar
3,531 Posts
Bronze Member
Seanie_230:

I saw the Horizon again today, second viewing feeling was still looks amazing and sounds good.

Don't like the android interface it's horrid. Feels like a mobile phone OS much prefer the classic bang and Olufsen menus. BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

After everything I've said, if I got one tomorrow....it would come with wheelsYes - thumbs up

Beosound Stage, Beovision 8-40, Beolit 20, Beosound Explore.

PK
Not Ranked
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Thu, Dec 1 2016 9:42 PM

I installed Netflix yesterday and everything worked just fine. Surround sound and all.

Today when I turn the TV on I get an error code (-13). Why is this? Nothing has changed since yesterday??

Page 5 of 6 (77 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL