Horizon in the flesh

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 76 Replies | 2 Followers

phult
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
phult posted on Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:48 PM

Saw both the small and large horizon in the flesh in the Copenhagen store today. 

I have to say I think it is the nicest looking of all of the current tvs.  The design is the most resolved of all the models. Certainly feels premium and not cheap. 

The beovision 14 new wood frets were also on display and compared to those the horizon feels just as exclusive and I think a better design. The wood frets are not bad, but they really make sense if you have the wood frett speakers. 

From what I could gather the horizon only had two speakers (not three like the larger v1) so the sound won't match the avant or 14. 

I think this tv will be a winner. I loved the v1 (and own the of them) but it was never a real b@o tv. The vocabulary was its own thing that just didn't work with anything else being produced. 

The horizon user interface seemed ok. It took a second to get into the settings menu, but once there everything fast and fairly elegant. From what I could tell (my Danish not being great) all the audio and picture controls from the old tvs are there. 

P

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,132 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by PK

i get that occasionally.......if i turn the TV off and on again, it tends to sort itself out...

All Replies

phult
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
phult replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:51 PM

PS. 

The mobile cart was on the smaller avant and have to agree not so nice

phult
Not Ranked
51 Posts
Bronze Member
phult replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:52 PM

Sorry I meant smaller horizon

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,575 Posts
Bronze Member

Nice to hear! I am going to copenhagen tomorrow so will try to check it out then. 

Did you take any pictures? 

Beolab 50, Beolab 8000 x 2, Beolab 4000 x 2, 
BeoSound Core, BeoSound 9000, BeoSound Century, 
BeoLit 15, BeoPlay A1, BeoPlay P2, BeoPlay H9 3rd Gen, BeoPlay H6, EarSet 3i, 
BeoVision Eclipse Gen 2 55", BeoPlay V1-40, 
BeoCom 6000 and so much else :)  

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

The wheel stand is a wanted-for option from several costumers - and can be very usefull in the right surroundings (peoples habits are different).

But noone have to order that one - focus on what you like and not what you dislike, I'd say.

There are other (2 more to come) placement possibilities.

Please name another tv manufactoer, that offers this!

MM 

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,548 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 1:22 PM
Millemissen:

The wheel stand is a wanted-for option from several costumers - and can be very usefull in the right surroundings (peoples habits are different).

But noone have to order that one - focus on what you like and not what you dislike, I'd say.

There are other (2 more to come) placement possibilities.

Please name another tv manufactoer, that offers this!

MM

It's a very good point.
prorsum
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't want to spoil the surprise for everyone,

but if you are as excited as I am about new products,

have a look at these:

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

Sorry - but no surprice.

These pics have been posted already a week ago.

In the B&O shops (in DK) you can see the Horizon alive and kicking.

MM 

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
424 Posts
Bronze Member

Still a question which hasn't been answered yet, does anyone know in the bv14 and the horizon have a new beosystem engine inside it???

Beoplay A2

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
14,488 Posts
Bronze Member

Not 'new' - but a new version.

In the training video Christian called it version 3.

The audio engine seems to be pretty much the same a in BV11/Avant/V1.

MM

Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,451 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Sorry - but no surprice.

These pics have been posted already a week ago.

In the B&O shops (in DK) you can see the Horizon alive and kicking.

MM 

That tv looks awful especially on the hostess trolley. I got a second opinion from my wife and she also wonders what they were thinking with this step backwards., in her words.

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8. Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.Beosound 1

markiedee
Top 200 Contributor
UK
424 Posts
Bronze Member

Thanks millemissen.

Beoplay A2

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:28 PM

Simonbeo:
That tv looks awful especially on the hostess trolley. I got a second opinion from my wife and she also wonders what they were thinking with this step backwards., in her words.

I saw the 40 inch in flesh yesterday and I share your opinion. Its made of good materials but I can't justify the high purchase price to anyone. 

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Top 150 Contributor
521 Posts
Bronze Member
1990 replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:38 PM

The trolley reminds me very much of the old stands I remember from my grandparents' LX and MX-sets... 

Can understand the need for wheels, my girlfriend doesn't want to have more than one television in our apartment, yet we sometimes want to have a lazy Netflix Sunday in bed. Combine it with WiSA-speakers and you suddenly have a lot of flexibility! (My only worry would be cable management...)

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,132 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Aug 19 2016 6:57 PM

Also saw a Horizon in a London B&O store this afternoon.....design will definitely appeal to some, its clean, fairly cool, though it didn't speak to me as much as the BV11 or 14, which i love......going back tomorrow for a proper look at the BV11 and 14......need a BV screen for my bedroom.......the sales man in spoke to, who seemed to know his stuff, suggested we may not see an B&O LG OLED screen for quite a while, as B&O need to satisfied that OLED screens can last at least 5 years plus, which isn't the case as yet (his words).........

Anyway, the wood lamellas on the BV14 looked nice, though not as clean as those on the BeoLab 18s (which i have).....looked a bit odd from an angle, fine from head on.....

Page 1 of 6 (77 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL