Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 21 Replies | 1 Follower

All Replies

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
4,097 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 3:27 PM
Thanks for posting the article.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

kokomo
Top 500 Contributor
Spain
206 Posts
Bronze Member
kokomo replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 3:41 PM

Thanks, looks interesting. Shame about the awful stand though. Not much design thought gone into that I think!

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 3:58 PM

kokomo:

Thanks, looks interesting. Shame about the awful stand though. Not much design thought gone into that I think!

I think that stand was a temporary measure, and not the actual stand though. I vaguely remember reading that in another thread somewhere.

Paul W
Top 50 Contributor
London
1,810 Posts
Bronze Member
Paul W replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:13 PM

I believe that the stand design is aimed at the 'older, more traditional' market. It should sell well in the UK to the fools who wanted a return to Victorian times!

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
124 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 4:20 PM

Personally, I think this is a missed opportunity. I like the design very much, but if they want to market to the masses with a less expensive TV, you need a 55". 48" is just too small for most living rooms these days. And the BeoVision 14 and Avant are in a different price bracket.

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,429 Posts
Gold Member
Paul W:

I believe that the stand design is aimed at the 'older, more traditional' market. It should sell well in the UK to the fools who wanted a return to Victorian times!

Who are they Paul?

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,415 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 6:19 PM

Chris Townsend:

Who are they Paul?

I think you're probably one of them; you always seem to be leaving EuropeWink

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Badsey, UK
3,429 Posts
Gold Member

But I am and we are in Europe, and always will be. Weird

Beovision 10, Beolab 2, Beosound 2(old Skool) Beolit 15, Beoplay A2 Active

jk1002
Top 500 Contributor
267 Posts
Bronze Member
jk1002 replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:17 PM

That picture leak is bad. On first view I do not like that thing, Silver aluminum, wooden frets just like BV14 would have made this something to think about.

It says plastic frame with steel grill. No thank you. I think people are better of buying a screen with smallest possible bezel and invest in nice looking B&O speakers for overall impression.

Mikael
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
157 Posts
Bronze Member
Mikael replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:56 PM

Most B&O stores already have them on display here in Denmark. Sounded like the first deliveries start next week.

My dealer confirmed for me today that AppleTV4 will fit inside.

The stand shown on the picture is the real deal, but is only one of four options. It looks much better in person.

The roller stand and wall mount was on display in the store. The two other options (a swivel stand much like the Avant one but without a motor and a tilted floor stand was due to arrive next week)

I like the design, but like most other B&O products pictures really doesn't do the product justice.

As others have commented, the general operation of the TV seems really slow. If I hadn't read about it before I went to the store, I would have pressed the remote several times for the same function, as the lag is so significant that you doubt if you even pressed it.

Overall it seems like a really nice product from B&O, but other than a larger screen size it doesn't really offer much over my Beoplay V1-40 with AppleTV4 connected. For me it's a substantiel investment, and I'm afraid that it will have a relative short life span, as it doesn't have HDR and it is the last TV before the LG-partnership.

So from my point of view the risk of the investment being outdated in a year or two, is not outweighed by the extra features of the Horizon. I don't plan on investing in WISA speakers any time soon (I don't have the space for them), and I don't have any 4K sources.

But people should really go see it in person. It's a solid product for anyone who doesn't have a modern B&O TV.

Beoplay V1 with Beo4, Beolab 14.4 and ATV4/Chromecast.

Beoplay A2, A9mki (w/ Chromecast Audio), H2, H3, H8.

Hereford
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Hereford replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 11:15 PM

I was pretty critical after seeing the photos on here, but having seen it in the store today completely changed my opinion. It looks gorgeous, much better than its predecesor V1 and in my opinion better than the BV1x models (including the new wooden one). 

B&O completely nailed it with the design language here. I think it will go down as one of the classics. It looks unapolagetically like a TV, in the best way. The materials ooze quality and there are no superfluous details.

jvdl
Top 500 Contributor
Netherlands
129 Posts
Bronze Member
jvdl replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 11:21 PM

Better to see it your self live before making any remarks about design, specifications, etc.

It is alway's so easy to say bad design, specifications sucks..... without seeing it yourself.

Reality is mostly totally different then a few photo's....

Rick74
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
Rick74 replied on Fri, Aug 12 2016 11:30 PM

B&O should now bring out their own good pictures of the Horizon quickly to prevent a negative image bases on these preview pictures.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL