Sign in   |  Join   |  Help

Beosound Moment stops playing

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 14 Replies | 4 Followers

beodim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Founder
beodim posted on Wed, Aug 10 2016 11:43 PM

I have a Beosound Moment connected to a Beovision 7 surround set-up through a Beolink Converter. When playing Tune-in or Deezer radio, the Moment automatically stops playing after around 30 minutes of playing and the whole system shuts down to stand-by. Does anyone know what the problem may be - is there any kind of stand-by timer that might need to be deactivated in the Moment's settings? The dealer does not have an answer...

Thanks in advance for your help!

All Replies

mbolo01
Top 75 Contributor
Annecy - France
1,018 Posts
Gold Member
mbolo01 replied on Thu, Aug 11 2016 12:11 PM

I only know about an option that set the Moment to go in sleep mode after 24h of continuous playing, the option is deactivated by default.

BS Moment, BS Core, BS Ouverture, BS1, BL18, BL19, BL8000 + RCV1, A6, M5, M3, A1, P6 (tks Botty), H5, TR1

Svalle
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Svalle replied on Tue, Oct 18 2016 7:59 PM

I think you have a 30 min sleep timer in your BV7 or BLC activated. I have seen similar on BeoVision 11 when integrated with BeoSound Moment. But I do not remember where to deactivate this sleep timer in TV menu of BeoVision 7.

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Sun, Oct 23 2016 9:44 AM

I have exactly the same problem having a Beosound Essence connected to a Beovision 10 through a BLC. Music stops playing after 20 minutes. Did you already get an answer to the problem?

Reto
Not Ranked
Zurich
36 Posts
Bronze Member
Reto replied on Sun, Oct 23 2016 3:09 PM

Switching off is somewhat linked to the beolink settings of the essence. If you uncheck the "integrated setup" flag (settings -> beolink -> link to other products) the system will not shut down 

Kind regards

reto

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Oct 24 2016 1:26 PM

Svalle:

I think you have a 30 min sleep timer in your BV7 or BLC activated. I have seen similar on BeoVision 11 when integrated with BeoSound Moment. But I do not remember where to deactivate this sleep timer in TV menu of BeoVision 7.

I have a BV11 and a Beosound Moment. I used to have a NL/ML Converter involved in the setup, but that is now removed. Since then BV11 goes to standby at regular intervals. Beosound Moment is integrated through product integration in the BV11 menus. Moment is using the BL3 speakers connected to the BV11.

Any suggestions? 

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

beodim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Founder
beodim replied on Mon, Oct 24 2016 7:28 PM

The sleep timer on my BS Moment was always deactivated, but the problem existed. Subsequently, I simply reset the whole Moment and configured everything again and the problem has disappeared. Seems to be a software bug/problem...

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Not Verified) Hiort replied on Tue, Oct 25 2016 1:21 PM
Suggested by Hiort

Hiort:

Svalle:

I have a BV11 and a Beosound Moment. I used to have a NL/ML Converter involved in the setup, but that is now removed. Since then BV11 goes to standby at regular intervals. Beosound Moment is integrated through product integration in the BV11 menus. Moment is using the BL3 speakers connected to the BV11.

Any suggestions? 

Think I solved it. I went into the service menu on the BV11. In the list of integrated products, the NL/ML was still there. I deleted it in the menu, and since then, BV11 behaves as it should.

Livingroom: BL3, BL11, BV11-46 Kitchen: Beosound 1 GVA, Beocom 2 Bathroom: M3 Library: A6, Beocom 6000 Bedroom: M5 Office: Beocom 2 Travel: Beoplay E8 2.0, Beoplay P2

FrediD
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
Suggested by FrediD

I have the same setup, BeoSound Moment, NL/ML Converter and a BV7-55 on the Master Link. Same behaviour as you mention, BS Moment switches off after 30'! Initiated by the "Soundheart idle time-out" timer, which can be set between 2 and 30 minutes in the BS Moment menu under "general". If you change it to 2 min. it will switch off after 2 min!:-(
After 3!weeks of investigation (replacing and reconfiguring converter, resetting "Moment" which helped for 24hours etc.), my conclusion was, that BS Moment doesn't recognise activity on the masterlink/ BV7 TV speakers, therefore assumes an idle status and goes into standby. My dealers assumption was a powerloss on the masterlink due to long cables (appr. 35m) and recommended to insert a B&O powerbox into the masterlink, powerd by the USB port on the converter. It was working then for 3 days without interruption, but this morning during my breakfast, the same happend again, BS Moment went into standby again after 30'! I was hoping to have solved the issue, but now I'm back to square 1 again.

So anybody having a solution will be appreciated. Maybe the ne software for the BS Moment, promised for January will help?

Thanks for any suggestions

FrediD

BeoHut
Top 150 Contributor
475 Posts
Bronze Member
I think it is the combination with the NL/ML convertor. Mine acts normal without the convertor. But, I am still (happily) on SW version 1.7.

Probably also the converter should be updated.

Is the behaviour normal without the convertor? Do a test (this is not a solution) but it will exclude the problems you have probably.
FrediD
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member

The problem only appears between the BS Moment and the devices connected to the masterlink (BV7-55 / BV 7-32 / B&O3500). I also have a BeoSound 1 connected to the LAN in my office which plays endless, no problems at all.

Regards/Fredi

beodim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Founder

Subsequently, I had a visit by a B&O technician who reconfigured the converter and performed some software upgrades. The problem with Moment's switching off after 30' has never reoccured since then. However, I am not satisfied with the Moment as I experience minor problems all the time, e.g. the sound volume adjustment wheel stops working, or the display no longer shows the content being played. After resetting the Moment, the problems go away and everything is fine again, however I am tired of having to perform the reset every other month. While the B&O hardware is still great, the software element still seems to be their weak point.

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
2,302 Posts
Bronze Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 2 2017 10:02 AM

beodim:

Subsequently, I had a visit by a B&O technician who reconfigured the converter and performed some software upgrades. The problem with Moment's switching off after 30' has never reoccured since then. However, I am not satisfied with the Moment as I experience minor problems all the time, e.g. the sound volume adjustment wheel stops working, or the display no longer shows the content being played. After resetting the Moment, the problems go away and everything is fine again, however I am tired of having to perform the reset every other month. While the B&O hardware is still great, the software element still seems to be their weak point.

Major software update för Moment is expected Week 10. There is another thread regarding that on the forum.

FrediD
Not Ranked
3 Posts
Bronze Member
FrediD replied on Tue, Jan 3 2017 11:27 PM

After being back to square 1, switching off after 30', I set the moment back to factory setting, configured it again and what a surprise, it worked again as expected. I set the idle timer back to 10min. in order to recognise the problem already after 10min instead of 30min. But the moment keeps playing now for more than an hour already. But I also noticed the software problems on BS Moment. It changes sometimes language, doesn't show the radio station or doesn't allow to change the radio station by using the display but only via app.

Hope the new release will solve those problems. I'm going to see the dealer tomorrow.

beodim
Not Ranked
11 Posts
Founder
beodim replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 10:33 AM

Thank you. The other thread on the Moment software illustrates exactly the issues that I have experienced. Hopefully, the new software will solve them.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL