rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 33 Replies | 2 Followers

Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
780 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 posted on Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:19 PM
Will you be buying the new Bv14 or the Horizon tv?

Be nice to see your choice!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

pf85
Top 500 Contributor
284 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) pf85 replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 5:52 PM
Verified by pf85

Will you be buying. No in my case. 

Having bought a BV7-55 in 2011 and a BV11-55 in 2015, there is no need for a new TV. The main capability of a TV set in my view is a decent picture (both have) and nice sound distribution and generation capabilities. In addition, I rather add smart capabilities with external devices as they develop over time - key is to have good interfaces to the TV set. 

However, if I would be in the market right now, I would also measure up my expectation of a TV set in terms of longevity and its capability to grow over time ... in this regard, I would argue that the new to be announced TV sets from B&O will measure up. 

Good who is in the cycle for replacement ... in my case it is a bit early...

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,026 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:37 PM

Bv7Mk3:

Interesting thread, but maybe a bit unnecessary - no way would I say if I was buying something I know nothing about (the Horizon). We don't know pricing, sizing, how it looks, nothing?

Rick74
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
Rick74 replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 2:47 PM

Picture and price Horizon: recordere.dk

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,026 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:09 PM

Rick74:

Picture and price Horizon: recordere.dk

Oh crikey. That's awful. It looks like a flatscreen designed for a market circa 1984?

I do really like the BV14 though. I'd be seriously tempted if I didn't have a BV12-65 hanging from the wall!

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,914 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:18 PM
Bv7Mk3:

They both look very nice! Two more B and O products for me to want.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

PK
Top 500 Contributor
82 Posts
Bronze Member
PK replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 3:19 PM

My choice is probably the Horizon as price is better. I think it can look rather good on the right stand. But it is hard to say how it will look in real life as it has only been one amateur picture of it yet. 

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
647 Posts
Bronze Member

If either any of the released TVs were up to date spec wise, which must include HDR capability then yes, I would buy. However, there is not enough of an upgrade for me at this time so it looks like the 2017 OLED model is the one I'll be buying, assuming the company is still trading. Simon.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,026 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:01 PM

Just noticed that the new Horizon isn't too visually different from the new LG OLED TV:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/lg-oled65e6v-1326327/

Very similar specs, too :)

The Beonic Man
Top 150 Contributor
Bristol
647 Posts
Bronze Member

If OLED and HDR then I might take a look. Difficult to downsize from 55" to 48" although doable if I am impressed enough, which given recent offerings from B&O I doubt very much.

BV11-46, BV8-32, V1-32, BS2, P6, A1, E8

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
1,197 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:36 PM

I won't be buying, no, but as I mentioned in the other thread, maybe the wooden frets can be made to be backwards compatible with the most current BV11 chassis? I am not holding out hope, but it would be nice if they were. Excited to see what other colors are in store for the wood in the future - akin to the BL18's current options.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,026 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:44 PM

Sal:

I won't be buying, no, but as I mentioned in the other thread, maybe the wooden frets can be made to be backwards compatible with the most current BV11 chassis?

I'd very much doubt that (however much I'd like that to happen) as that's the distinguishing new visual feature of the BV14.

Besides, they have have changed how the frets connect to your TV. We've had magnets, then fasteners, maybe they've gone with something else for the BV14 frets?

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,169 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 4:53 PM

Its to early to shout a big HURRAY or being negative about their new line of tv’s.

But Android? I have my doubts about it, at B&O they have not even made a good functioning Beomusic app.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Weebyx
Top 75 Contributor
Denmark
1,085 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 5:14 PM

Not a chance.. Yet anyway..

I will not buy a temporary Android TV with TP Vision guts, when we know that LG from next year will take over the TV section 100%

The feeling I get with the 14 and Horizon, and probably the Avant NG, is that some guy took the decision that the new platform should be TP Vision, but then they found out that the platform is already outdated, and they cut their losses and went with LG..

I fear that the support / bug fixes for 14/Horizon will be very limited, and in 2 years I will stand with a TV with no support that costs 60000 DKK.. No way I will take that chance.

I will wait and see what the LG deal will unveil. Until then I am very happy with my 5000DKK Samsung TV bought in 2011, never had one SW issue, never let me down once, never had weird red LED blinking, never needs a reboot to work.

Negative input. I know, but I really am not happy with B&O at the moment. Way to many bad decisions. 

/Weebyx

linder
Top 100 Contributor
United States
983 Posts
Founder
linder replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 5:23 PM

Chris:

Its to early to shout a big HURRAY or being negative about their new line of tv’s.

But Android? I have my doubts about it, at B&O they have not even made a good functioning Beomusic app.

Why did they have to choose Android?  LG uses webos.  I don't like the security of Android.  Basically Google is  just a collector of information for advertising purposes.

Razlaw
Top 25 Contributor
3,914 Posts
Bronze Member
Razlaw replied on Wed, Aug 10 2016 5:25 PM
I am very interested in both new TVs. But then I do not focus on the presence or absence of one particular feature. I buy B and O because of ease of integration with both NL and ML products, the design, the build quality, the ease of operation, the sound quality as heard by my ears, and for the picture quality viewed by my eyes.

But that is just me. Everybody is different.

Beolab 50s Beolab 9s Beolab 12-3s Beolab 1s Beolab 6000s 2 pairs Beolab 4000s Beovision 7-55 Beovision 10-40 Beoplay V1 32 inch Beovision Avant 32 inch Beosound 1 (CD player) Beosound 3000 Beosound 5 Core Essence MKII Beoplay M5

Page 1 of 3 (34 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL