Beolab 19

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 40 Replies | 3 Followers

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi posted on Fri, Jul 29 2016 9:34 PM

Hi, I just went to the local B&O shop to get a pair of H7 headphones, wich are great by the way. The dealer natuarally wanted to sell some more stuff and offered a nice discount of there ex demo bl 19 subwoofer. It sounded great with the 17's in the big showroom but does anyone have that combination at home? The 17's are used mostly for music with the beosound Essence, but also connected to the tv.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sibbi replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 6:27 PM
Verified by Beold

Well the Horizon is up and running.  Nice TV with good picture. There are some strange things about it like the lack of Netflix and spotify.  I am told Spotify will be added with a software update. Right now I does not work with the Essence but also cant replace it. But overall its nice and we shall see hw we get along. The beolab 19 has gone back to the dealer for repair. Will post picture when I figure out how that is done.

All Replies

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
5,355 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Sep 14 2016 2:46 PM

Sibbi:

Hi, I just went to the local B&O shop to get a pair of H7 headphones, wich are great by the way. The dealer natuarally wanted to sell some more stuff and offered a nice discount of there ex demo bl 19 subwoofer. It sounded great with the 17's in the big showroom but does anyone have that combination at home? The 17's are used mostly for music with the beosound Essence, but also connected to the tv.

I've just sold mine! It's very good, but rocked my wooden floors. Even though pretty much no-one else rates the BL11, I kept the BL11 connected to my BL3s as it adds bass, without overthrowing the room and rocking the floor!

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) Sibbi replied on Thu, Sep 15 2016 6:27 PM
Verified by Beold

Well the Horizon is up and running.  Nice TV with good picture. There are some strange things about it like the lack of Netflix and spotify.  I am told Spotify will be added with a software update. Right now I does not work with the Essence but also cant replace it. But overall its nice and we shall see hw we get along. The beolab 19 has gone back to the dealer for repair. Will post picture when I figure out how that is done.

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Thu, Sep 22 2016 4:48 PM

kuyttendaele
Top 150 Contributor
702 Posts
Bronze Member

Sibbi:

Netflix is out of the question at this moment.
You can add Spotify through the Google Play store.. Works like a charm!

Karel.

Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Thu, Sep 22 2016 6:15 PM

I am trying to post a picture. If it works then this is what it looks like on the wal.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Sep 22 2016 11:24 PM

Be interested to know how you get on with the Horizon.......i've had a few small issues with my new BV14, which i suspect are all related to the new software / OS........anyway, the Spotify app is ok.....the app selection looks very variable to me so far.....the TuneIn Radio app from the Android app store is truly terrible........anyway, apps on external boxes i think will be much better, be it new gen Apple TVs / Amazon Fire's....

on your original question, i have the BL19 with BL18s front, (and BL3 as rears)...interestingly, for listening to music i now tend to drop the BL19 out.....the BL18s+BL3s are more than enough full range for music ( to me anyway), and i do like my bass......never realised quite capable the BL18s are at low end bass.............for movies / tv, then i use the full set...........think the BL19 is superb all the same........

IA64
Top 500 Contributor
132 Posts
Bronze Member
IA64 replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 3:23 AM

paolomariano:
Yes, just take it home. You won't regret your choice! Smile

It is gorgeous, and it is one of the few capable of reproducing all the nuances of bass, really incredible!!

I have it white but I think that the grey version looks gorgeous!!

Please feel free to ask further questions if you need to!

Excuse me but how are you hiding the power cable ? I am too much into clean setup. or maybe you're taking photos from a specific angle ? I guess it's under the couch ? 

Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,719 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey:

I've just sold mine! It's very good, but rocked my wooden floors. Even though pretty much no-one else rates the BL11, I kept the BL11 connected to my BL3s as it adds bass, without overthrowing the room and rocking the floor!

I was gonna get the 11 but the dealer said the 19 was better for movies rather than the 11 which was better for music.
keynesparis6
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member
My dealer told me not to go for the 11 with the 18. "Doesn't add anything" he said. He also said the 19 was the perfect match to the 18, both for music and movies. I guess I'll have to try it at home anyway.
Aussie Michael
Top 25 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
3,719 Posts
Bronze Member
keynesparis6:

My dealer told me not to go for the 11 with the 18. "Doesn't add anything" he said. He also said the 19 was the perfect match to the 18, both for music and movies. I guess I'll have to try it at home anyway.

Yep. He said the same. I'm glad I went with the 19

The 11 is still beautiful though.
Sibbi
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Sibbi replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 11:39 AM

Well the beolab 19 is back and is working.  It adds a lot of grunt to movies, I am still experimenting with music. The beolab 17s do a very nice job on there own. So I will report back when I have had it for some time.

The Horizon: Good points are that I like the way it looks and really like the new remote. Picture quality is very good. I have it on a  wall mount and that is very nice also. The sound is nothing special but it does not really matter for me because I use it with external speakers. 

The bad points are that it does not do multiroom yet.  That will be implemented later this year with a software upgrade. I am a litle disapointed thad they did not tell me that before I got it. I find using my apple tv a lot easier than using android but that might be because I am used to its interface. I am mostly happy with my purchase but I would have waited for the multiroom function had i Known it was not already working.

Sandyb
Top 50 Contributor
2,171 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 1:09 PM

thats strange....my dealer did tell me, but i went ahead anyway....although i thought it was just matrix capability that was just missing, its actually all the multi room functions, so the Beo apps can't see the 14, and hence audio sharing not possible yet, guess i didnt think it through properly..........what they didnt tell me was the removal of Netflix.........not sure if it would have mattered.....i think the Android TV platform will need to be more widely adopted across TV manufacturers before the app developer community get behind it....and i'm not sure that will ever happen.......which leaves external boxes as the solution, and i think thats probably better in the long run anyway........

my 14 is a second screen, so while picture is very good, (and 4K does look excellent), it pales by comparison with my 12-65 in my lounge......the plasma is very sharp, HD and Blu-rays look superb, and it doesn't have any of the LCD/LED issues........again, perfectly happy with my 14 as a second screen, but having the side by side comparison, i remain puzzled why many think LCD/LED screens are great....the motion smoothing / soap opera effects on LCDs are just horrible to my eyes, but probably not wise to go down that rabbit hole.....

Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
2,552 Posts
Bronze Member
Duels replied on Fri, Sep 23 2016 3:10 PM
keynesparis6:

I have 18s and borrowed a 19 for a week from the ever helpful Nick at B&O Sheffield. However it did nothing for me to be honest. It seemed to take a lot away from the 18s and only added some real depth at very high volumes.

In fact in separate blind listening tests with a few friends all preferred the 18s on their own.

Very odd and not what I was expecting. This was for music (not tv).
keynesparis6
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member
I definitely can imagine this is the case.
olvisab
Top 75 Contributor
1,381 Posts
Bronze Member

I am not surprised by your disappointment when you compare your beolab with or without the sub.

if your beolabs have already good bass reproduction, unless you listen to recordings with a lot of deep bass, you won't consider the sub as a real +.

I used to listen to some electronic music if I want to use all the bass capabilities of the beolab 5. I will do the same with a pair of beolab 3, 17 or 18 with a sub.

4 beolab 5,  beolab 9, beolab 10, beolab 5000, beolab 8000 mk2, beolab 6002, beolab 3500, beovision 7 55 mk2,  beovision 11 46 mk4, beotime, beosound ouverture, beosound essence, beoplay A8, beomaster 900 RG de luxe and the collection continues...

Page 2 of 3 (41 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL