Answered (Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 0 Followers

FRDRCJRDN
Not Ranked
LYON, FRANCE
17 Posts
Silver Member
FRDRCJRDN posted on Tue, Jul 19 2016 10:08 PM

Hi

Did anyone already enter in the service menu in order to verify the signal information ? I've connected my 4K receiver (orange UHD) on HDMI 1 socket and choose an UHD channel and the input resolution is 3840x2160p (page 1) & output resolution only 1920x1080p (page 2)... So I don't know if I 'may really looking at 4K resolution...

To enter in the service menu : press menu then choose configuration then quickly press red then go buttons.

All Replies

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
578 Posts
Bronze Member
w5bno123 replied on Tue, Jul 19 2016 10:19 PM
Hi

I asked the very same question to our tech support the other day as I also saw the same info and questioned it.

The reason that the Avant output resolution in the service menu shows 1920 x 1080 is due to the somewhat special UHD architecture we have had to implement, in which the UHD content is bypassing the media processor. Instead, the UHD content is handled in the B&O-developed FPGA. The output resolution indicated in the service menu refers to the resolution of the material that comes out of the media processor. In this case, the OSD menus. Those are generated in FHD and up-scaled to UHD in the FPGA and mixed with the UHD content from the HDMI input.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
Beoworld Security Certificate

SSL